The Call

...And When A Legend Is True

The usual breakfast.

Manager Ma and Mi Nam were still fighting over the kimbap that was on the table. Shin Woo and Mi Nyu were sharing and reading the newspaper which Coordinator Wang bought earlier. Jeremy was still complaining of the kind of juice that Tae Kyung grabbed from the grocery rack. For the first time in years, Tae Kyung finally ate breakfast. Must be because his doctor had prescribed some medications for him which can cause gastric upset.

"All of you, have more!" Aunt Mi Ja gleefully announced as she placed more food on the table. "Aigoo, aigoo, why are you spilling your milk?"

That is the typical breakfast in the dorm.

The phone rang, and Shin Woo announced he was going to take it so that Aunt Mi Ja can start to eat breakfast. He went to the phone and picked it up.

"Aigoo, aigoo! Tone down your voices!" Aunt Mi Ja chided Jeremy, Mi Nam, and Manager Ma.

"Yeoboseyo (Hello)," Shin Woo said over the phone.

"Good morning, this is Mr. James Manchester," the other person on the phone answered. "May I speak with Mr. Kang On Yu?"

Shin Woo thought for a bit. He realized that Kang On Yu is Jeremy's Korean name.

"Ah, Jeremy? Yes, I'll call him," Shin Woo said in perfect English.

And so, Shin Woo called Jeremy and told him that the call is for him.

****

"Mwo???" everybody chorused?

"Yes, Amy is here in Korea, and I will go and visit her," Jeremy explained.

Aunt Mi Ja became pensive as she dwell inside her thoughts. She remembered the legend about Jeremy. He is an English-Korean aristocrat who left his royal life to be an idol in Korea. The British princess, Amy, was supposedly Jeremy's fiancee before he broke up with her. Then, the ajumma juxtaposed the profile of the royal Jeremy to the Jeremy the Snail that she knew. He seemed to be two different persons, and the legend must not be true.

"So, where is she staying?" Tae Kyung asked after drinking his water.

"She is in Park Hyatt right now," Jeremy told him. "Hyung, is it all right for me to be late for practices today?"

Tae Kyung instantly replied, "Geurae! I will cover for you. She is a very important visitor, so you should visit her as instructed. I will inform the president about it."

Important visitor? Aunt Mi Ja became convinced that the legend might be true after all. Jeremy was so happy that he hugged his hyung tight.