Vacation Galore

...And When A Legend Is True

Amy hinted to the group that she wanted to have a vacation in an island or a cozy place. It was lunch, and the band and Mi Nyu were in the hotel for another lunch with the princess.

Shin Woo shot up his hand politely. "You can have a vacation in my hometown in Busan."

Hometown? Amy beamed. She loved the countrysides. "I'd love that!"

Mr. Manchester cleared his throat. The princess anticipated what he was about to say, so she said to him first. "Don't worry, Sir. You can come with me if you'd like."

The bodyguard heaved a sigh of resignation and satisfaction. He was totally responsible for the princess' safety, of course. Should anything happen to her, he would not forgive himself. He was sure the royal family would not forgive him either.

Mi Nam, Mi Nyu, and Jeremy all agreed to go with them. Only Tae Kyung did not fall for it.

"Ya!" he told the members. "We will be busy, remember?"

Mi Nam retorted. "Of course not! We will only have two TV guestings tomorrow and just practices and recordings for the whole week."

"We also have some photo opps the day after! See, we are still busy..." Tae Kyung countered before being stopped by Jeremy.

"Hyung, our schedules are light, if you compare it with the additional concert rehearsals and CFs that we were doing the past few weeks," Jeremy explained.

Amy listened, and sensed that the group was arguing. So, she raised her hand.

"It's okey, if you are busy, then I will not push on with my suggestions," she amiably said, though she was a bit disappointed.

Tae Kyung shot a triumphant air at Jeremy, who stuck out his tongue at his hyung.

"Jeogiyo (Excuse me)...," a timid voice came from among the group. It was Mi Nyu.

Everybody looked at her with expectant eyes. Only Tae Kyung was brave enough to break the silence. "What is it, Pig Rabbit?"

Mi Nyu looked at Amy timidly. "Well, we can go to Myeong-dong to explore."

Shin Woo froze in his seat. He remembered so well that it was the place where they had that phone date, when he saw her stepped away from him.

If you had just taken one more step...

He sighed at the memory. It was a sad memory for him because Mi Nyu never saw him that day. It was all right now, as he had her as his girlfriend.

"Wow! I'd like to go there!" Jeremy beamed. "I could shop for new outfits and eat cheap and good food!"

"I have heard that there exists a restaurant with good kalguksoo," Shin Woo replied casually, making Mi Nyu looked at him in interest.

"Ye, Shin Woo-hyung," she beamed. "The kalguksoo there is really yummy, just like you said."

And she began to retell her tales of adventure in Myeongdong--the kalguksoo, the free ice cream, the cheap clothes she got.

"Wow, I'd like to try that one too!" Amy said in glee. "We could go to Busan some other time if you guys are not busy. After all, I still have more than a week to go."

Wow, how the days had gone by! Tae Kyung recounted that the princess arrived in Korea last Friday, and this day is Wednesday...

And President Ahn came, apologizing for being late for the lunch date.

"It's all right, President," the princess said. "We were just planning of spending time at some shopping district."

"At Myeong-dong," Jeremy continued.

"Geurae?" the president asked in muse. "That's good, because the photo opps and the shooting of the music video will be in Myeong-dong."

"Wow! Mi Nyu really can hit two  birds with one stone!" Jeremy shouted.

"What is? She is my sister, you know?" Mi Nam answered proudly.

Mi Nyu smiled modestly. It was just coincident that A.N. Jell's photo opp and the shooting of her new music video will be in Myeong-dong. Of course, she did not know that.

"I had the final arrangements with the staff, and that is our decision. Myeong-dong," the president proclaimed.

As the president grabbed his table napkin, he turned his attention to Tae Kyung.

"Ya, Tae Kyung, He Yi is shooting a series in Myeong-dong, too, right?" he asked.

Tae Kyung nodded. It was the truth. It was as if Myeong-dong was exclusively set for them--for them!

"It's good then. Haha! Jackpot!" the president said before digging in to his food.

*****

And so, that Friday, A.N. Jell had their photo opp in the store where Mi Nyu bought the clothes. Outside Myeong-dong Cathedral was the filming of the series of which He Yi made a cameo role. Mi Nyu's music video, meanwhile, occured at the ice cream store where she got the free ice cream.

It was coincident that A.N. Jell and Mi Nyu finished their shooting at the same time for lunch. For two hours, they strolled around the shopping district with Amy. The princess was totally enjoying every moment of it, most especially that she was beside Jeremy all the time.

Later on, they stopped at the cathedral where He Yi was currently filming. The plot of that certain episode will center around some events which will take place in four hours in only one setting--outside the cathedral. The princess was totally impressed by He Yi's acting as a parishioner, a total stranger who was about to get married, helping and listening to the problems that the protagonist was relating to her. He Yi's character, though a cameo, was supposed to be the turning point of the protagonist's life, where he made the decision to follow his heart instead of going along with the threats of a meddlesome and manipulative cousin. When the director instructed "cut", He Yi went to her stylist and was totally awestruck to have her friends around.

"I am sure that the series will be top-rated," Tae Kyung said.

The princess congratulated her, which the fairy accepted with pure gratitude.

*****

That night, after all the work that they had done, Coordinator Wang suggested that they go to a noraebang to have a good time. Everyone but Tae Kyung was excited. Of course, Tae Kyung hated to humiliate himself, not after the radish-shaving he had done in the past.

But he did go. Because everyone went.

Tae Kyung sang with He Yi. He was forced to sing, as Mi Nam argued that it is just like singing in a concert. Mi Nyu and Shin Woo had a duet. Since Yu Ri was not around, Mi Nam had a duet with his sister. When Amy and Jeremy went to the stage, Amy felt that this was going to be something--something magical for both of them.

First, they sang, "When I Fall In Love."

Jeremy:

When I fall in love
It will be forever
Or I'll never fall
In love

In a restless world like this is
Love is ended before it's begun
And too many moonlight kisses
Seem to cool in the warmth of the sun

Amy:

When I give my heart
It will be completely
Or I'll never give
My heart

And the moment I can feel that
You feel that way too
Is when I fall in love with you...

 

President Ahn was wiping his eyes with the sleeves of his coat. He was totally shedding tears. Manager Ma tried to console him, but the president said he was fine.

"My boys all had grown up. First, we thought that Tae Kyung and He Yi were dating in the past. Then it was Shin Woo and Mi Nyu. Then later, it was Tae Kyung and Mi Nyu. Then later, Mi Nam and Sa Yu Ri. Then Tae Kyung and He Yi again, then Shin Woo and Mi Nyu again... My boys had all grown up that they had to hide all their relationships from me...It makes me feel old," the president groaned.

Manager Ma did not reveal that Tae Kyung's relationship with He Yi in the past was fake, and so was Shin Woo's relationship with Mi Nyu. Now, all of these relationships are real. The manager cried too, feeling to be very ancient indeed.

Later, the duo sang another song.

Jeremy:

Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you.

Amy:

Shall I stay? Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?

Duet:

Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes, somethings are meant to be.

Jeremy:
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you.

 

As the song was about to end...

 

Jeremy: For I can't help....

He was not able to finish the song, as he was breathless just by looking at the princess and ex-fiancee. He was so caught up by the moment, and reason left his brain, that he leaned forward and planted a soft kiss on her lips. The princess felt the same way and returned his kiss.

President Ahn and the rest clapped their hands. The rest but Tae Kyung, Shin Woo, and Mi Nam thought that the kiss was part of the number. When Amy released her lips from Jeremy's, she was breathless too and looked at him again. The puppy love she had felt for him in the past was gone. This time, this is real. She wanted to be his fiancee again. Jeremy, meanwhile, felt his heart banging against his chest. He realized that his love for her returned, with more intensity than ever. Then and there, he had reached his decision. He knew there was still some more years before his agreement with his grandfather, but regarding heart matters, he had decided. He wanted her again. Their thoughts were cut short when they heard a guy sobbing. It was the president, who could not contain his feelings any longer.

"Boohoo...my boys are all men.... all are in love and they are all grown up. I am already old! Boohooo!!!!"