A Talk With Grandpa

...And When A Legend Is True

Jeremy bid goodbye to Mr. Manchester after their drinking spree. He went straight to his room, and good thing, Mi Nam was not there.

He grabbed his cellphone and punched some numbers. After some rings, someone from the other line answered him. He requested if he could talk with his grandfather. After a few minutes, an older voice answered the phone.

"Good afternoon, Grandpa," Jeremy greeted politely.

From the other end, the royal elderly was standing in front of his window, looking at young boys practicing horseback riding.

"Good evening, my dear Jeremy," the old man said. "How are you?"

And so, Jeremy and his grandfather exchanged pleasantries. After that, the grandfather asked his grandchild what made him call. Jeremy started off with reminding his grandfather regarding their agreement, which is to happen many years from now. Then, he admitted to his grandfather that he got back with the princess.

"Oh, I thought you were breaking off the engagement for good," the royal elderly said.

"Yes, we did, but when she came here to Korea, I realized I still have feelings for her," the young royalty explained. "That is why I courted her again. Hopefully, if things will be good for us, I will marry her someday."

"You still have a long way to go, my child. Just enjoy your celebrity life, and when the time comes, come back here and tell me what you want to be," he affectionately told his grandchild. "If you do not like the life of a royalty, then I will respect that."

Jeremy felt tears running down his eyes. His grandfather was always kind to him even if he held an important position in the British society. He missed his grandfather so much.

"I miss you, Grandpa..." Jeremy said in tears.

His grandpa went emotional and wept at the sound of his grandchild's voice. His grandchild is now a man. Someday, they will meet again and accept one another's decision.

After that poignant encounter, they talked on, talking on the lighter stuff of life.