Tears and Goodbyes

...And When A Legend Is True

The final day came, and it was the day that Amy had to say goodbye to everybody.

The band, Mi Nyu, Manager Ma, He Yi, Coordinator Wang, Sa Yu Ri, and President Ahn all went to the airport to see her for the last time.

The ladies, save for He Yi, were shedding tears. They are going to miss the princess, of course. She told them that they can always go to UK, and she will tour them their.

"Ah, it's very gracious of you, Princess," the president whispered.

The princess smiled as a response.

While they were waiting for the departure time, the young people went to an ice cream parlor inside the airport, for Jeremy insisted that they should have ice cream first.

"She can always have ice cream in UK, brat!" Mi Nam scolded Jeremy, bragging a bit of his English.

"YA! Take that back! Korean ice cream is also delicious, you know!" Jeremy shot back, matching English for English.

The princess chuckled. "This is a good opportunity, though. I had not tasted the local ice cream here."

Jeremy looked at Mi Nam and stuck out his tongue at him.

"Grrr!!!! Ice cream is still ice cream..." Mi Nam retorted.

"Stop that, you two," Tae Kyung ordered. "Aish...why do I have to deal with annoying people in my life?"

Accidentally, he glanced at Mi Nyu, who took her glance away from him.

"Pig Rabbit, why are you staring at me?" he accused.

"No, Hyung-nim. I was just listening to you," she explained childishly.

"Aish...then why are you staring at me?" he asked.

He Yi shot a glare at Mi Nyu. "Don't tell me you are going to steal Hwang Tae Kyung from me?"

"A-a-aniyo!" Mi Nyu explained defensively. "I was just listening to him."

Amy placed her arm around Mi Nyu and smiled. "I will miss having friends like all of you. I will miss your bickering."

Tae Kyung forgot who was talking that he snapped.

"Ya, do you think our bickering is all for fun?" he answered in English.

And everyone looked at him. He looked at He Yi. "What?"

He Yi cringed and flipped her hair. "You are talking to a princess!" she whispered.

Tae Kyung suddenly realized his mistake, and apologized to Amy, in that proud way of his.

"No, it's OK," the princess said to him. "I understand ^_^ I am just amused with your cute bickering. It will always be a memory to me."

Yu Ri brought out a pack from her bag and handed it over to the princess.

"I skip classes just to see you, Princess," she lamely admitted. "I will not cut classes again."

The princess took the package from her hand and smiled. "Thank you so much."

The other gave their parting gifts to the princess as well, who reciprocated them with hugs and gifts.

 

Mi Nam, after giving his parting gift, went to Mr. Manchester. He handed him a gift.

"What's this?" the bodyguard asked as he shook the gift. There were sounds like chunks of pieces coming from inside.

"It's baduk," Mi Nam said. "It is like a checkers game, you know."

("Baduk" is the term Koreans give for "go", a kind of board game).

Mr. Manchester replied. "Oh, thanks. Baduk."

He also opened his bag and handed him the chessboard. "This chessboard has been memorable to me, having played with it for many years with many opponents."

As Mi Nam received the board, he could not help but ask. "Why are you giving it to me if it is precious to you?"

The bodyguard lit out a smile as intriguing as Mi Nam's cocky smile. "You are the first person to beat me in chess, and I will always remember you for that. That is why I am giving you my chess board."

"Hey, thanks," Mi Nam mumbled sheepishly.

"I will not forget the baduk, because it is also called 'go', right? And with this, I can remember you and your sister," Mr. Manchester said.

Yeah right. Go Mi Nam. Go Mi Nyu.

Mi Nam slapped the bodyguard's shoulder in a friendly manner, and they exchanged casual handshakes. As they released their handshakes, they saw Jeremy giving a sweet kiss to the princess. The band idol looked at his friend wiping off tears from his eyes.

"I wish them the best. I know Mr. Kang will be a good husband to my lady someday," Mr. Manchester said. "And my lady, I am sure, that she will also make my friend Mr. Kang happy."

"Hey, you can just call him Jeremy," Mi Nam said. "Shin Woo is Mr. Kang also."

Mr. Manchester said. "It can't be helped. I think I am too formal."

 

And so, the princess and the bodyguard all bid their farewell to everybody. All were sad, but most especially Jeremy.

"I won't forget you all," Amy said to them. "Annyeonghi gyeseyo."

"Annyeonghi gaseyo," the Koreans said to their departing British friends.

Jeremy called out. "Call me."

The princess nodded. "We always talk, do we?"

The drummer lit out a smile. Of course, he and the princess had been talking on the phone, for like, every two weeks. But this one is a little bit different from what it used to be. Thanks to the Korean vacation.

The band looked on until the two figures were out of their sight. Later, Mi Nam announced that they are going home. Jeremy lingered for a bit before whispering goodbye and giving a flying kiss to his beloved princess. After letting out a sad smile, he turned his back and went out with his bandmates, climbing on Shin Woo's back like a little monkey. Seems like he is back to being his old self.

 

END =(^.^)=