A Princess Falls In Love

...And When A Legend Is True

Coordi Wang went to Park Hyatt to help the princess with her disguise. She was supposed to do that for as long as the princess stayed, unless the princess doesn't need her services anymore.

After the makeover session, Coordi Wang was pleased with the result. The princess was wearing an off-shoulder beige pancho, a dark blue skinny jeans, and a pair of black knee-high leather boots. She wore a jet black wig with lavender highlights, and a feather clip on her left side of the wig. Her makeup looks like that of 2NE1's Bom. The stylist made it a point that the princess looks chic, yet maintaining a disguise which does not reveal her true identity.

****

A.N. Jell were in the big stage, practicing for their concert this next Monday. They were practicing double-time so that they could catch up with the missed practice they had when Jeremy arrived late. The stylist, Manager Wang, Mr. Manchester, and Amy sat at the audience's bench, watching the practice. As usual, Tae Kyung was singing their songs, Shin Woo on the guitar, Mi Nam on the keyboards, and Jeremy on the drums.

Stylist Wang happened to get a look at the princess, who was smiling from ear to ear.

"I am sure that you will be really invited to the concert come Monday afternoon," the stylist said, trying to sound as understandable as possible.

The princess looked at her, "You think?"

The stylist nodded and smiled. Then Princess Amy shared a secret.

"Jeremy had always liked the sound of drums," she said. "Back in England, he joined a music group in grade school, and he played the guitar then. But ever since he got his hands on the drums, he decided to practice it instead."

The stylist searched for her brain. Some of the words still made no sense to her. She decided to answer on the least troublesome response that she could manage.

"Oh, he played the guitar... So, did his grandfather like it when he played the drums?"

"No, his grandfather did not like it. He said that drums is not an instrument of the aristrocrat," the princess said.

"Ah..ah..ari...mwo?" the stylist ask. "What?"

The princess realized that she was speaking to a Korean. "Oh, I am sorry. What I mean is, his grandfather said that the drums is not fit to be played by a royal person."

And Stylist Wang got it.

"And how about you?" she asked the princess.

Princess Amy answered with a blush, "It was all right for me if he played the drums. He had been funny way back then, and drums suited him best than the guitar."

The stylist almost got what she said, and thought that what the princess meant was that, Jeremy was suited to playing the drums because of his noisy, zany, and sunny attitude.

"I know that you are his fiancee, but did both of you meet before?" the stylist said, still struggling.

"Yes, he is my childhood chum..." she said.

The stylist had another episode of difficulty, that Mr. Manchester had to whisper to the princess. And then...

"Yes, chingu. Chingu. Jeremy is my childhood chingu," Amy said, very happy to speak her limited Korean.

Wang understood what she meant. So, she modestly teased the princess.

"Do you like him?" she asked.

The princess blushed. "Of course, I had liked him ever since. We were childhood sweethearts also, that is why we were paired to each other for marriage."

The princess wanted to say "betrothed," but felt that the stylist would have another difficult time.

"But, why did you and him, uhm...'broke up'?" the stylist asked.

Princess Amy smiled a wan smile,"Jeremy wanted to try life out the palace, so he asked his grandfather if he could seek his life in Korea. His grandfather saw that Jeremy wanted to follow his heart and do whatever he wanted to do, provided that after ten years, he needed to go back home and tell his grandpa what he decided to do with his life."

"And he let his grandson go, then..." the stylist thoughtfully replied. "But how about you?"

The princess smiled at her again. "Of course, I still like him. Back then, I know how much he loved trying out new things which most of us sometimes did not dare go. And it was then that both of us decided to 'break up', as you put it.  With how things turn up after our phone conversations, I don't know if he is the right guy for me. Marrying him seems more of an impossibility than a possibilty."

"Why?"

"Because back then, we were too young to know any better," the princess said. "Right now, I think I look at him more of a childhood friend than a possible husband."

"Oh, that is so sad...," the stylist said.

"It's all right now," Amy said. "It is no big deal to me. I wanted to follow in his footsteps, which is why I asked permission from my family if I can have a vacation here in Korea. I want to experience a normal life."

The stylist mused. "But, Jeremy auditioned for A. N. Agency and got in. He is now a celebrity and not does not have a normal life at all."

Amy laughed a bit. "I guess Jeremy is just used to living among the stars."

"Ye, ye, I understand," the stylist said, thinking if that was the best option to say it.

The princess shared that she just wanted to try how to live like a commoner; however, that would be impossible with Mr. Manchester around. So it was all right to live like that of a rich person, but not necessarily a celebrity or a royalty.

"But I will still find time to talk with Jeremy and ask if he still want me to continue being his fiancee," the princess said.

The stylist nodded, and took the princess' word for it. But as she looked at the younger girl beside her, the stylist thought otherwise. The princess was too modest to admit it, but she still felt something special for Jeremy. A feeling that is more than friendship.