Rumors And Scandals

...And When A Legend Is True

Monday morning.

The band and Mi Nyu arrived to the agency for practices. As usual, their fans were there, save for Yu Ri who went to school. When they reached the lobby, Mi Nyu grabbed Shin Woo's arm.

"What's wrong?" he asked in concern. He noticed that her lips looked a little bit pale.

"Ah...I don't know, Shin Woo-hyung," she said before covering .

He looked at her girlfriend run to the nearest restroom to gag. The other guys noticed it too.

"What happened to my sister?" Mi Nam asked.

"We all ate the same food, right, hyung?" Jeremy said.

"No, she didn't," Tae Kyung nonchalantly said, before pointing his hand at Manager Ma. "Manager Ma, she ate some leftovers for breakfast, right?"

Manager Ma felt himself perspire. Beads of sweat started to stream down his face. He was sure Tae Kyung was going to eat him alive.

"B..b..but she insisted on eating them," was the manager's self-defense.

Tae Kyung scowled as he rolled his eyeballs. "I did not accuse you. I was just asking..."

"There they are!" voices chimed in.

When they looked to the direction of the sound, they found out that reporters had been staying at the lobby, waiting for them.

"Hwang Tae Kyung-ssi, did you get married in Busan?" one reporter asked.

"Where you and He Yi-ssi having a honeymoon in Busan?" another asked.

"Jeremy-ssi, could you please confirm the news that you are cheating on your princess girlfriend, and hanging out with an American girl?" the third asked.

"Go Mi Nam-ssi, is it true that you frequent red light districts even if you have a girlfriend?" another asked.

Hwant Tae Kyung and the rest were alarmed at these news that had been bombarded at them. They need to distract the reporters or answer all of these themselves. They know that the president had good PR, but the A.N. Jell leader has good PR too. Then the reporters saw Mi Nyu coming out from the ladies' restroom and wiping her lips modestly, her eyes watery. The reporters flocked to the solo artist to inquire.

"Are you pregnant, Mi Nyu-ssi?" Reporter Kim asked.

"Is Shin Woo-ssi the father of your child?" another asked.

Mi Nyu was too stunned to answer. Never in her life has she been assailed with scandalous questions like that. The rest of the guys went in rescue to Mi Nyu, and Tae Kyung spoke for them.

"We will answer all of these questions in the proper forum," he said before dragging all of his bandmates with him to the president's office.

****

"Ah, Tae Kyung," started the president. "We will let all the reporters gather at the conference hall, we will have a short-notice press conference."

And so, the staff set to work.

In the conference hall, the news was televised live. The band and Mi Nyu all sat, with the president sitting in the middle of them. Then, the president amiably asked the reporters to ask their questions one by one.

One after another, the reporters fired questions, with Tae Kyung taking down his notes. Finally, Tae Kyung answered the questions for s.

"I would like to clarify the issue about me and He Yi getting married. First of all, I did not propose to her. In case I would propose to her, we will announce it. Second, we did not have any honeymoon in Busan because we are not married."

"But Hwang Tae Kyung-ssi, could you please explain this photo we got at Myeong-dong?" Reporter Kim, the picture freak, asked, handing him a picture.

The picture showed He Yi wearing a white gown. The gown had laces and embroideries and beads on it. Jeongmal, it was a wedding gown. And the setting was in front of the Myeong-dong cathedral.

"Oh, this? This is what she wore during the shooting of the series of which she did a cameo role," he answered the reporter nonchalantly.

Then he went on.

"We just went to Busan to have a vacation. And Mi Nyu is not pregnant with Shin Woo's child. Nothing happened between them," he explained. "My friend here believes in waiting to make love after marriage."

To this, Shin Woo nodded. He loves Mi Nyu so much that he is willing to wait for the right time to do it with her. And that is if they are married. And who started the rumors, by the way?

"But, what is with the restroom trip just this morning?" another reporter argued.

"Oh, that? Just gastric upset, side effect of the antibiotic prescribed to her," he explained casually. He did not mention about the rotten food. Otherwise, the people may think that they are useless celebrities who cannot afford to buy good food. Then he went on, "Regarding Mi Nam's usual visit to red light districts, that is one great impossibility. First, most of the time, we come home late at night, all at the same time. Two, Mi Nam is very dedicated to his girlfriend. Three, when our schedules are light and he hangs out by himself, he goes to the mall to shop or to play pool. Or, he spends some time alone at the front porch, watching the stars. He had never been to a red light district eversince."

The stargazing thing was a total lie, as it is Mi Nyu who does that, not Mi Nam.

"And as for Jeremy, you all know the legend, right?" he asked,

Jeremy gulped a big lump of saliva. He prayed that Tae Kyung would keep Amy a secret.

"You already know he left Princess Amy to be an idol here, but they talk occasionally and are just friends," he explained. "The American girl you saw with him is his new girlfriend."

"Jenny is the name, right?" was Reporter Kim's sly remark.

Tae Kyung looked at him curiously, the reporter unaware. He did not know the answer to that. Mi Nyu grabbed the mike to avoid the silence, and to avoid suspicions from the reporters.

"Ye, her name is Jenny," Mi Nyu said. With that, Tae Kyung thanked his lucky stars for Mi Nyu's quick thinking.

"Where did you meet with Jenny, Jeremy-ssi?" one reporter asked.

"Uh, I met her in Japan some months ago," Jeremy explained. "She is an American who loves to travel a lot."

"But she is also friends with Yoo He Yi, and she said they met in Singapore," Reporter Kim persisted.

"That is true," Mi Nyu said.

And Shin Woo fabricated a story to continue Mi Nyu's. "They met and became friends in Singapore days before Jenny-ssi came to Korea. It is just coincidence that Jenny happened to be Jeremy's friend too."

"But how did they became friends in Singapore?" one reporter pressed on.

Tae Kyung continued.

"As you know, Singapore is a country filled with diverse people. Jenny happened to be in a Chinese store, and since she could not understand Chinese, she casually talked to He Yi to ask for assistance. It was good that He Yi knows Mandarin Chinese and English, so that is how she was able to help Jenny. Because of her sense of gratitude, Jenny made friends with He Yi."

"Ah, I see. Jeremy-ssi, is Jenny your friend, or is she your girlfriend?"

"Ah, she just became my girl recently," Jeremy smiled, totally awkward and totally vague.

"Jeremy-ssi, can we get to know your girlfriend?" one reporter said.

"Ah...she is camera shy. She may be an American, but she doesn't want to be seen on TV," was his lame answer.

"From being a princess, how come your girlfriend is a total rockstar?" one reporter asked.

"Because...I was just smitten with her beauty, that's all," he answered.

"And does Princess Amy know about it?" another reporter asked.

"Uh, not yet, I have to talk to her about it," Jeremy said. "Besides, I am sure she will accept my decision. We are just friends."

Thus, Tae Kyung felt that they had answered all questions, and thanked the reporters for the time. When all the reporters left, Mi Nam made sure that all of them were totally out of sight.

"Boys, I am so proud of you," the president said. "You are so dedicated to one another..."

And was interrupted by a ringing cellphone. Jeremy realized it was his, so he excused himself and answered the call. He saw in the screen that it was Mr. Manchester, so he answered in the Western way.

"Hello?" he asked.

*****

That night, Mr. Manchester and Jeremy sat at the wooden balcony where Shin Woo and Mi Nyu usually occupied. They were drinking beer like old cronies.

"You know, Mr. Kang," Mr. Manchester started, calling him formally. "The princess and I saw the coverage with subs this morning. We are so grateful to you all for keeping our identities a secret."

"Of course, Kang On Yu is a man of words!" Jeremy bragged about himself, making the British laugh in amusement.

"You know, I am turning 34 this year, but I have never met a man as honorable as you are," Mr. Manchester told him. "You saved the princess' life even if I was paid to do it. And you even defended her from all the press. Thank you, once again."

Jeremy smiled as he held his can of beer to the bodyguard. "No problem."

The bodyguard tapped his can with the young man's. After drinking another swig of beer, Mr. Manchester asked, "Have you spoken with your grandpa about you and Amy? I think he needs to know."

Jeremy thought as he examined the design of his beer. Right. His grandpa needs to know.

"Yes, I am planning to tell him. But I also need to remind him regarding our agreement," Jeremy said. "I am still searching what I really want in my life, but as early as now, I am going to tell him that Amy is going to be part of my plan."

The British sighed after drinking his beer. He had never been emotional nor was attached to anything. But this moment greatly made him want to cry. He had been serving the royal family for many years, though he forgot that Jeremy and the princess loved dancing in the rain. He had seen both of them grow, and had seen both of them falling in and out of love in the past. Not that they totally fell out of love. They just need to separate for a cause.

Both of them continued to stare at the sky as Jolie went out of her doghouse to play with Jeremy.

"Nice dog," the British noted.

"Yeah. Jolie is such a nice girl," Jeremy proudly said, the soft fur of the retriever.

"Jolie? Like, Angelina Jolie?" the older man asked.

"Yes, that's right," the blond drummer boy beamed.

As they continued drinking beer, they continued talking and looking at the stars.