Between Us?: Donghae x Dara

💕 SANDARA PARK SYNDROME 1.5: SCENARIO SHOP 💕
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara quickly grabbed her school bag and hurriedly went outside after bidding a farewell to her parents. She was going to be late to school and Donghae was waiting for her at the front of her house. Lee Donghae. He had been friends with Dara since they were little. Donghae lives close to her house and it has always been there routine for going to school together every morning with their bicycle. It's been 10 years and both of them are Freshman in college. After bidding one last farewell to her parents, she grabbed her bicycle and rushed outside. Donghae was leaning against his bicycle with his back toward her, and looking at his watch.

"Lee Donghae!" Dara exclaimed and Donghae turned around.

"And you said it was going to be 5 minute?" Donghae asked. "Let's see... 20 minutes."

"Sorry about that." Dara apologized timidly.

"You must be in a rush because you didn't even tie your shoelace." Donghae pointed looking at her loose snicker.

"Yeah. I didn't want to keep you waiting longer."

"Right."

Suddenly, Donghae squatted in front of her and started tying her shoelace. Dara's face turned red.

"I can tie them myself." Dara said.

"I'm doing this because I want to." Donghae said as he finished tying up her shoelace. 

"Well, uh, thanks..." Dara said trying to hide her pink cheek.

Donghae has always been like this. They were best friends, but sometime Donghae does small things to make her heart flutter. She didn't knew when it started, but as she spend more time with him, she started to feel something inside that is more than friendship. That's at least how she felt and she never tell Donghae anything. 

"That reminds me." Donghae answered. "When you first learned to tie your shoelace, I was the one that taught you."

"Yeah." Dara said with a nod. "Though you were strict. You even called me an idiot for that and I cried a lot after that day." Dara chuckled as she thought back to their immature childhood. 

"Ah, I remember." Donghae said as he got on the bike. "Let's go before we're really late."

"Right." Dara asked and started the pedal.

Donghae started riding in front of her and Dara followed closely behind him. She was soon able to catch up with his speed and was riding along side him. She was able to take a glance at Donghae's feature from the side. Dara didn't realized, but he turned out to be a handsome young man. Dara remembered that Donghae was always been a jerk to her when they were young. Donghae just liked picking on her because it was fun, and well, Dara was a cry baby when she was little. She chuckled to herself as she thought about the days.

"Hm? What's so funny?" Donghae asked from the side.

"Nothing. Just thought about my childhood, you know." Dara said. "I can't believe that it has already been 10 years since we have known each other."

"That's a long time. Wow, that gives me the chill."

"What did you say?"

"I'm just joking." Donghae chuckled as he looked at Dara.

"Very funny." Dara pouted.

Donghae smiled and started on his way. Dara was barely catching up with him from the behind. Dara also saw a smile on his face and she was curious to know what that smile means. 

"Hey, um... Donghae?" Dara said as she suddenly stopped her bike.

Donghae heard her, and stopped as well. 

"What's up?" Donghae asked.

"Well, um..." Dara sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter