VI

Heal Me: When the alpha meets the rogue

JIYONG

 

Taeyang took a step backward when he saw me fuming mad. His usual calm demeanor now replaced with concern and anxiety. He knows more than anyone in the pack that when I am in this state, I’m close to shifting and would go out wrecking everything in sight.

Which could really happen if I hadn’t tried reasoning outt with my wolf. Let me out. He commanded but I wont let him. I, too, was mad for what they did with Dara but to be honest, it was me who declared that any tresspassing rogue shall be dealt with accordingly, regardless of their age and gender so partly I was at fault too. They only did what they were instructed to do so during patrol duty.

Let me out! My wolf repeated. Thank goodness that in these kinds of battles, the ones who are dominated by feelings are usually powered by the ones who are dominated by reason.

I walked out of the hospital through the ER’s double doors and was greeted by 3 of my best fighters in the pack. Taeyang was behind me, aware that he had given a silent gestures to my subordinates not to make sudden action that might push me further  to the edge. Their facial expression changed from shock to fright. They are obviously contemplating on te fact that I am angry at them for failing to keep this rogue out of the pack’s territory. But that was not the case here.

I glanced at them one by one, each of them flinched and bowed down as my eys landed on them.

“Who pursued her when she went through the boundary?” I asked, controlled anger evident in my Alpha tone. Irritation crept up further inside me when they just stared at each other in reply. “ANSWER ME!” I roared demandingly.

It was me, Daesung, Mir and the twins, Alpha” Taeyang said stepping forward.

“Alpha, God knows how hard we tried to keep up to stop it. But it was fast, it has speed like something we hae never seen before.!” Mir interjected.

A growl escaped my throat and I snapped at him. It took everything that I have to push down my love-stricken wolf. If I hadn’t , he might have beheaded this bastard for pertaining Dara as an ‘it’

I saw taeyang turned to Mir and mouthed the words “shut up” and he returned to bowing down his head. He’s always been regarded as tackless in the pack; always speaking without thinking first, I won’t be surprised if this attitude of his,will most likely be the reason why he’ll be killed.

“Her name is Dara and you will treat her with respect”

Confusion flashed through their eyes, i don’t need to use mind tricks to know that they’re thinking that I may have gone insane when I told them to respect a rogue but then as if understanding what I meant, shock appeared in their face and then finally, awareness.

“Yes, Alpha” They answere in unison.

I glared at them and examined their shaking figures one by one. It’s true that I am humble and understanding Alpha male, but many has also seen this fuming mad alpha and they had prayed and hoped not to be in my hot seat when i am in this state. I realized that Daesung was not in this group, maybe he had been assigned to another exit of the hospital.

 

“Who attacked her and clawed her in the head?”  I asked, still undecided on  what to do to the bastard who hurt her.

I’ll kill him. My wolf said.

I just sighed inwardly in reply, torn between my responsibilities and the love of my life.

The three men behind only stared at each other while Taeyang looked at me blankly.

“Alpha... my beta began. “we didn’t have the chance attack her because of her speed. She was already injured when she entered the boundary” He stated.

My brows creased at the center as I look away. She was attacked outside the borders.  A rogue maybe? No ... Though rogues are known to be lawless, they have this special respect that they give to fellow rogues. Unless, of course, if she has provoked them. ... But why?

Sighing, i gestured them away.

“Go back to your duties. All is well” they nodded and when they were already out of sight I turned to Taeyang. He obviously relieved that I’m back to my normal self. “Go back to the pack house and make the necessary preperations. My mate and I will be coming home within an hour.”

He nodded and left.

I was about to call my sister, Dami, to tell her the good news when I heard Dara scream.

I dashed back to the ER briefly aware that I had paused my breathing and my heart just skipped a beat or two. My whole body just can’t function properly after I heard her piercing voice, it’s as if a thousand daggers went through each limbs of my body but still survived to helplessly feel the agonizing pain it brought.

“She’s having a bad dream” Dohee reported when I reached Dara’s bedside.

With wide eyes, i started at her tensed body. Both of her eyes were shut, eyebrows were creasing at the middle of her forehead and her lips were parted enough for me to see that she was grinding her teeth. It was a horrible sight, it was as if something was hurting her from her sleep and I can do nothing about it. ! I felt so useless!

Her left hand were gripping the metal bar side of the hospital be while the other struggled to break free from the shoulder-sling the nurses had placed on her after dressing her in a patient’s garb and loose trousers.

She screamed again, louder this time.

M-make it stop! My wolf howled in anguish.

“Dara” i called out in a shaky voice, not fully understanding what I was feeling right now. it’s as if a part of my heart has been put out without any anesthesia and leaving me bleeding uncontrollably.

I reached out one hand to calm her down but her eyes suddenly snapped open.  And she grabbed my hand with a force that’s meant to break a human bone.

Taken by surprise, i can only stare back at her glaring eyes. They were covered in dangerous black tint, showing that she’s totally not herself and her alarmed wolf is taking over. Her ragged breathing came out on short amounts but she still managed to growl at me as hard as she can. There’s no way anybody can reason with her right now but Dammit! Im gonna try!

I  ignored the stunned comments of the prying humans at the background but, still thankful that it’s almost midnight and the number of people in the ER are few.

When I softly maneuvered my hand to be free from her grasp, she quickly released it and upon realizing her right hand was too numb to be any of help, she proceeded to bite out the dextrose needle from her left hand and scrambled away from me towards the other side of the bed.

“Dara! No!” i bawled, not really intending to use my alpha voice but i still did.

She continued doing her intention, not minding the command coming out from me. Her legs then gave up and i gasped when she fell face down on the floor. Shaking away the possible pain she might be feeling right now from the leftmost part of her temple, she continued pushing herself up and crawled away like a baby who hadn’t learned how to walk yet.

“Dara!” i called out, pushing aside the bed from between us. My eolf keeps on whimpering inside me, not because she refuses to listen or to accept any help from me, but from watching her like this; suffering from something I don’t know.

I knelt down to her side and proceeded to cup her shoulders, trying to make her face me. Her knuckles came crushing down my chest, struggling to be free. But her efforts, however strong, are useless against my Alpha strength. I began to shake her, hoping she will snap out of her trance. I will never give up on her. NEVER.

“Dara! Dara, calm down!”

Thankfully,after what seems to be forever, the black tint in her eyes started to fade away revealing stagered beautiful brown eyes. I foced a smile at her, worry and concern still visible in my eyes. “its me Love...Jiyong”

When she heard my name, i felt her shake a little and both of her tightened fists relaxed on my chest. She then dug her face onto my neck, sobbing loudly. My hands went around her in a protective gesture and my lips stilled on her head. I was hushing her everything is alright and that she was only having a bad dream but still, she continued on mumbling something.

“Don’t let him get me... Please, dont let him get me...Don’t let him, please...Plase...” she repeated again and again until sleep succumbed her.

I felt my wolf grew uneasy now. This isn’t just any othe bad dream. She’s clearly running away from something....someone who was trying to hurt her and she’s scared, terrified.

From what I have observed from her actions, she’s a strong girl who undoubtedly can take care of herself. But this someone... or something...has made her weak, very vulnerable that only a dream can make her like this, as if all her courage and strength quickly vanished away.

Blood now filled my nostrils as the wound from her head opened for the second time and it fueled my anger even more. I NEED TO KNOW WHO’S BEHIND THIS. Whoever’s causing any harm to my beloved shall pay, they will have a very slow and painful death.

I carried her bridal style and laid her down to her bed. After leaviing Minah and Dohee some instructions, i left the hospital with one thing in mind.

I went to the ER’s double doors and started running towards the woods. Moments later, i ripped off my clothes and shifted to my black wolf form.

Still running, i howled, giving out telepathic messages to the strongest members of my pack, calling all of them for an assembly near the borderlines. If im right that someone was after her, I better be there at the border to meet him; to smile and greet as I introduce myself as the one who will bring excruciating death to him

-----------------------------------

Follow me on twitter : @iannglcxxi

  Comments ju se yo J hehe.