X PART 2 OF 3

Heal Me: When the alpha meets the rogue

JIYONG

Moments later I heard a small thud on the ground just meters away from me and I double up my speed. Then, I saw her, she was sitting in an Indian style, both arms folded in front of her chest and she has he back to me.

A smile formed in my face, one that’s both happiness and relief. My wolf whimpered but in a good way, he’s happy to know she’s ok. I paused a little; hesitant on how to approach her… will she run if she knows I’m here? That thought was enough to make me growl unconsciously in pain.

Her head snapped at my direction but she was not shocked, she was more like... Pouting to be exact. My smile came back as I watched how cute she looked like even with messy hair. I took a step forward and she stopped me.

“Don’t come any closer” She exclaimed. I pause, looked at her with amusement, and then took another step. “I’m warning you”

“What? What are you going to do? Snap my neck?” I approached her with a glint of smugness in my eyes. She then rolled her eyes, god! Does she know how cute she looks like when she does that?

“Great, my mate is a self righteous bastard” She whispered and it only transformed my smile into a grin. I know she just insulted me but she also regarded me as her mate which made my wolf jump up and down.

“What did you just say?” I asked, hopeful that she’ll repeat the words ‘My mate’ it feels good on my ego.

“Nothing”

There was a pause and I took a chance to sit just in front of her. I stared at her beautiful face and chuckled a little when she looked away. I know I should be fuming mad at her for running away right now but when I saw her, all sadness; all anxiety and anger seemed to just fade away because this is so much important; to be with her that’s all I need.

“Will you shut up?”

“But I didn’t say anything” I was taken aback, surprised that someone can yell at me when I’m the Alpha of this area. If other people dared to do that, he will be dead by now but this is my mate we are talking about.

“Not you” she then pointed at her head, annoyance clear in her face. “This stupid wolf of mine! She won’t shut up. She keeps telling me things like ‘go to him’ ‘don’t fight him’ like...like...Ugh” she covered her face with her palms, blushing. I swear my cheeks could tear up from smiling!

“Then, why don’t you?” I whispered as I move closer to her; her beautiful brown eyes looked up to me. “This feels perfect right? Like you finally found the place where you belong?”

I held her cheeks on my hand and I feel that addicting sparks again. She took a deep breath and shook a little. My eyes fluttered down to her lips and my throat suddenly felt dry; a kind of thirst that only drinking from her lips can satisfy.

“Stay here…with me” I whispered and let my head descend towards hers. I panicked when I saw her eyes change and she pushed me away.

I frowned at her as she pushed herself up; her legs were trembling so she slumped towards the tree at her side. I was instantly standing up to give her aid but she just shooed me away.

“Are you alright? What’s wrong with your thighs?

“Nothing”

“Are you sure? Let me check them. I’m a doctor remember?” I said as I lifted the dress she was wearing.

“Go away. They’re alright. Ok? It’s just I haven’t been using them for a while. That’s all” She said down on the ground again.

“What do you mean?” I asked curiosity and concerned mixed in my voice but she just shrugged.

“Well, let’s just say I have been spending a lot of time in m wolf form lately”

“For how long?”

“Two years.” She said looking down suddenly becoming all too interested with the dried leaves at the bottom of the tree.

“You have been running away for two years?” I felt Goosebumps crept up all over my body as I came to imagine the way she was living. For two years? For a young girl like her? This is madness!

‘Who told you I have been running away? I didn’t say about running away. I am not running away.”  She tried to stand up but failed again, panic evident in her features.

“I know about Amon, Dara” I said in a low voice but it was enough for her to hear.

At the very moment she heard his name, her usual brave demeanor quickly faded away. Her eyes became wide, mouth open in astonishment and she was shaking uncontrollably. I held onto her trying to calm her down.

“Its okay, Love.”

“No no no no no… it’s not okay” she shook her head again and again. “If he discover someone knows this; if he discover YOU knows this…oh God…” She gasped and then struggled to break free from my hands. “Get off of me! Let me go! I have to go!”

I can’t stand seeing how scared she was, so I crushed her in my embrace, offering her the sense of security that she hasn’t been feeling for years. I closed my own eyes, controlling my anger at all of those horrible things she experienced for her to turn out this way. She kept on pushing me away, bumping her fists repeatedly on my chest but she still can’t break free. I  REFUSE to let go.

--------

:) GOODMORNING