VII

Heal Me: When the alpha meets the rogue

DARA

 

It’s all black now.

I tried to open my eyes but my lids seem to weight a thousand pounds now.

curse this beautiful man for making me sleep. I know he’s just trying to help me but still, he doesn’t have any single clue what he’s getting himself into. Im a walking tragedy. Everything and everyone who gets close to me gets destroyed and die.

So i run.

I keep everything in place by running away, but I have to admit I get really tired of this life. Sometimes, suicide enters my mind...Yeah why not just end it all? I know it will be like giving up and its very cowardly to do, plus, i have my little brother counting on me. But i have been fighting since im 10 yrs old and at the age of 19, i had experience a hundred of people’s pain put together. Im just not strong enough to face all these agonies; it would be a pleasure to experience death at this point of my life.

“YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DIE!”  i heard a very familiar voice boomed at me. I let out a silent cry, hurt that I dont even have the right to taste the sweet escape of death.

I opened my eyes and i was back home, to the underground dungeon where my brother and i stays. I scanned the room and saw my 11 yrs-old brother on the floor; shaking and limping. I tries to pull away from the ropes that were tied around my wrists as i hang from the dungeon’s ceiling, screaming “No...Noooo don’t hurt him!” but they wont listen. They continued on punching and kicking Thunder until I can’t bear to watch it anymore.

“Yes! Yes i’ll do it! Just please... don’t hurt Thunder anymore. Please i beg you” The Demon went in front of me and back headed me at my cheeks. A few drops of blood escaped from the corner of my mouth which just excited him more. He backheaded me again and again at the different sides of my face and finished with a punch of my stomach.

I fell down on the floor as he freed me from the ropes and after coughing blood out, i crawled near to my now unconscious brother. More tears fell down on my cheeks when he flinched as I his head. I glared up to the three men around us, laughing and proud on what they just did. Oh, how I long to rip their throats out. Then my glance reached around The Demon.

“Y-you promise that as long as I run and don’t get caught you wont hurt him anymore?” I asked, controlling the sobbing sounds that might escape my lips.

“well ,all I can assure you is that I’ll keep him alive” He said giving me an evil grin.

His yellow eyes shows no compassion, no sign of any conscience, so this agreement is the best I can get to keep Thunder alive. He killed our mother yesterday, and i have to be his new play thing now. the rules were simple.

Run. Don’t get caught. If im caught, my brother and I will be dead. People who will try to help me will be killed.

I don’t know what thrill he gets from this chase, maybe its the feeling of being a predator playing with tis helpless prey, but this is better than everyday like what he did to my mom.

Thunder and I are alone now, so I have to do anything and everything to keep us both alive. I gently brushed my lips against his cheeks and pushed myself up. I staggered a little but was able to walk out of the dungeon.

“One..Two..” i heard him count and I quickly shifted to my wolf.

Run, I have to run!

I mentally counted the rest of the numbers knowing he will come after me at ten. Thank god, my faily has these rare genes of speed and I was already half a mile away from what I call ‘home’

..Eight...Nine...Ten!

I let out a scream of fear as i heard him roar a few mile away.

I ran and ran not knowing where to go. Anywhere...anywhere will do!.

I’ve commited my first mistake whn i paused and looked behind me. The next thing I knew, The Demon came growling towards me and sharp fangs burrowed their way inside my leg.

I screamed again, louder this time.

When i opened my eyes, my wolf was completely in control. She growls at everyone, even at Jiyong whose wrist was now in my tight grasp. I know it’s just a dream, a complete recall of what happened two years ago, but my wolf doesn’t seem to know that. All her defenses were up, scared of the dream just like I am. However, she seems to forget about everything and is only focused on doing one thing, to be alive.  

I was feeling pain in my shoulder when she forced to move it but failed to do so. So, she bit the dextrose away from my left hand and scrambled away from the bed.

“Dara! No!” an Alpha voice came out of Jiyong and my wolf didn’t flinch a bit.

Like i have told you before, i have trouble following Alpha commands. Maybe this was because I also have the Alpha genes in my blood.

I haven’t told you before, but I am the first child of Alpha Park Yeong Gyu of the Moon shadows. We were one of the strongest packs in the country until his own brother, with the help of a large group of rogues, worked to destroy the pack from inside-out.

I was 9 and my brother was only 3. My dad died that night, and my uncle assumed his role. My family and other shifters who dared to stay behind became slaves, while others were lucky enough to get away as soon as possible.

Yes, you guessed it right. This demon was my uncle; my very own blood.

My forehead hit the floor but that didn’t make my wolf snap out from her panicked-stricken condition. She continued to crawl away, dragging along my useless thighs.

I felt spark when Jiyong touched me by my shoulders; i felt a little pain at my right side as he shook me and called out my name again and again. Thank heaven my wolf whimpered and realized what she has done.

“Its me Love...Jiyong” Jiyong said with eyes full of warmth and love... something I had never seen since my mother died.

I felt my body shook and then relax as i gain my control back. Tears now forming and falling down from my eyes, i have never cried since that day two years ago, but I cant helpt it right now. with Jiyong’s arms wrapped around me, it’s as if i feel alright to be weak right now because he’s there to protect me.

“ssshh..its okay Dara. You were only having a bad dream.

No its not just a dream. Its a memory. A memory that’s making my bones go limp in fear. “

Don’t let him get me... Please, dont let him get me...Don’t let him, please...Plase...” I begged until darkness eat me up again.

-------------------------------------------

This chapter is really important coz we all now get to know dara’s history. Why she is running, who is the demon and what is their agreement J

So others wont get confused, the pack got into war when she was 9 and started to run/started the agreement at the age of 17. Two years of running. So lets all assume that thunder is still young here and never shifted into a wolf(coz the average shifting is 14) ...it will be actually a very impotant info later on .

Thank you guys for subscribing.