IV

Heal Me: When the alpha meets the rogue

DARA

 

Run

I have to run.

I dont know where, just away...far far away

My limbs are starting to feel numb, my paws red and blistered. I am so tired. To add up to my ill-fatedness. My stomach growled for the third time this minute. I am so hungry. I haven’t been able to stop and hunt for food or like...uh two to three days i think ?. I haven’t really thought about time sonce i got this deep cut in my head. It should have heals hours ago, but exhaustion and starvation doesnt really go well together, so my system is currently having trouble healing itself.

Even for my speed right now. though still pretty fast for a normal shifter, i can only use 60% of my strength so i cant really give much distance from me and The Demon.

My ears twitched from picking up something. I can hear the river, probably a mile or so North East from where am I now. i quickly turned towards it.

Two minutes I told myself. I must make my stop very short. Not more than two minutes. I cant afford to make a mistake twice. I can still remember two to three days ago, I was feeling too tired that I decided that I rest for awhile and sleep while still in my wolf form. I had a good hour to close my eyes but, hell I realised it was a big mistake.

It all too happened too fast , i heard something rustle just behind at the tree im resting my head from. I snapped my eyes open and then, BAM! The demon clawed me real hard in my head. I didn’t give myself any time to feel shock or shour or anything. I just stood up and ran away as far as i could. My spine shivered when i heard him laugh,clearly amused by what he just did; but i didnt let it slow me down. However scared or tired or hungry i am, i should run. That was the agreemnt. Even dying in the process was out of the question.

Looking down at my reflection on the water when i arrived at the river bank, i cant help but feel bad about myself. I know i have no right to but still, i cant help it.

I have been living like this for two years and i have to admit, i lost a lot of things; i miss sleeping on a comfy and warm bed with a classical lullaby being played at the background. I miss cleaning myself in a bathtub filled with lavander salts and playing with bubbles until i get tired. I miss combing and braiding my hair. I miss humming and singing on the kitchen. And yeah... most of all i missed eating a cooked meat.

Yep, i have been eating raw food since two years ago. If you’re like me who had no time to shift back and to cook her own food because someone is chasing her, you’ll understand. I have shifted back to my human form only a few times, 5 times in two years if im not mistaken.

Four, only four . My wolf corrected me and returned to being quiet.

My relationship with my wolf isnt really good like most shifters do, she just stays silent at the back of mind. But i can’t really complain because she’s always been there for support me whenever I reach the point of losing hope. I know she’s feeling miserable because she had to do all the work in this running away situation thingy but she always tell me, its okay though i know it really isn’t .

I probably deink a gallon of water out of being thirsty. At least,this will make me a little strong for a while during my journey. After dripping myself in the water to clean and refresh my white fur, I continued running. I must still be alive because of my immeasurable speed and highly sensitive hearing; those really came handy if you’re trying to get away from something.

Just like most days, today isn’t really a lucky day for me. From a distance i can see 3 male wolves; a brown on the left, a ginger on the right and a white one on the center. They were all growling at my direction.

We were about to enter another territorry. My wolf announced.

What pack are you think are they ? i asked.

Were in the north-eastern so they are either the Forest Firs or The Red Claws.

The Forest Firs are nothing to be afraid of, they are big in number, most of them actually consist of children and women. They’re known to be good when it comes to hunting in the forest with an Alpha named Goo Bon Hyung. But the Red Claws, they’re something no other sane pack dares to disturb.

 The Red Claws are the biggest and strongest pack in the continent. I also heard that they trained their soldiers at a young age and categorize them according to their skills. That’s why the Forest Firs remain untouchable to this day; they can always ask Red claws for aid.

I can only hope these wolves belong to Forest Firs because if these are Red Claws, I’ll have a hard time crossing their territory. For all i know, they are merciless when it comes to rogue like me.

I paused just meters away from the 3 wolves. The gray one roared at me instantly.

A warning.

Too bad for him, i dont budge easily. Even Alphas have hard time practicing their authority on me. Still, his growl was that of a high authority. He’s either the alpha or the beta.

Moments later, 2 other wolves appeared behind them. From the way the glare at me, i can clearly see that they’re Red Claws.

My wolf snorted in oure annoyance when the male wolves startes growling and snarling at my direction,trying to scare me away. I understood why, 5 fully grown male wolves against one she-wolf? Isn’t that a little too much? I just needed to cross their area. That’s all.

Inhaling a deep breathe and closing my eyes for a while, i prayed that none of these burly wolves can come close to my speed. I poised myself in a ready stance to run, just like those you see on the olympics. Thank God, i had quenched my thirst a while ago so now i can give 80% of my speed. I exhaled the air in my lungs slowly.... I opened my eyes and ZOOM.

I probably made them stun for a moment or so, becuse when i looked back I was almost a mile away. But still, I shouldn’t feel safe yet. If this pack’s reputation is exactly what I’ve heard before, I maybe dead even before i reach the territory’s midpoint.

I was now further in the woods, still running away from the 5 male wolves that have enough stamina to run after me for days. A kind of stamina that I don’t have. I should leave this territory immediately then.

I dodged the trees as fast as i could but when i felt asphalt under my paws, three things happened so fast it all went to a blur.

One, my hunger finally reached my head giving me a strong stabbing headache, distorting my vision.

Two, something had screetched at my right and hit me hard.

And three, i shifted back to my human form before my eyes rolled back on my head, blocking out.

 

author’s Note :

 So how was Dara’s POV?

Why is she running ? who is that Demon and what is the arrangement  she was talking about?

Kkkkk teaser :P

By the way guys follow me on twitter : @iannglcxxi

Please write some comments ju se yo thank you J

Lets imagine this is the Dara drinking in the river. (yes. She’s a little dirty from her journey.)