Chapter 9

Marriage

 

Tiffany is busy cooking in the kitchen when the bell rings around the apartment. She turns her head and sees her maid is also busy helping her with the ingredients on the other counter. “I’ll check who it is. Just continue your work, Yoona.” She said after turning off the stove. “Yes, Agasshi.” Her maid replied. Tiffany then leaves the kitchen and goes to the front door. She touches the video intercom screen on the wall and smiles widely after seeing who the guest behind the door is.

 

“Woah, you came early, Yuri ya. I still not finish cooking though.” She said to her high school friend right after opening the door. Tiffany finally really invited her friend for having dinner together at their apartment since she wants to make her ‘husband’ and her best friend know each other though she herself not sure if Taeyeon will be there or not. She then takes a look at her friend’s manly attire. You’re always so cool, Kwon Yuri. No wonder you’re popular among the girls back then.

 

“I just couldn’t wait to see you again, Miyoung ah.” Her friend grins. “Ah, here some gifts for you.” Yuri shows her a small bucket of pink roses and a box of cake that she holds with one hand. “This is my new painting for you.” She added as she shows her a medium size of wrapped square-shaped thing that she holds with another hand.

 

“Wow, you still give me many presents just like you usually did in high school, Yuri ya?” Tiffany chuckled as she took those beautiful flowers and the cake from her friend. “Thank you. You’re indeed the best, Yuri ya.” Tiffany said as she happily jump and hug her friend. Her action makes Yuri move backward a little as she tries to keep her position steady. “And you’re still a cute lovely enthusiastic best friend I’ve ever had, Miyoung ah.” Yuri hugs her back. Tiffany chuckled again hearing that.

 

“What a nice apartment you have, Miyoung ah.” Yuri said after getting inside and looking around a little. She just put the painting down and leaned it against the couch in the living room when she sees a framed photo on the wall. It’s a picture of happy Tiffany standing and linking arms with a young woman beside her. Tiffany looks so beautiful. “Is that your ‘husband’? She’s even shorter than you.” Yuri pointed at the photo as she laughed and mocked a little. She’s kinda jealous seeing the couple.

 

“Yah! Don’t make fun of my ‘husband’, Kwon Yuri!” Tiffany nagged after placing the flowers and the cake on the coffee table. “Oops, sorry.” Yuri let out a giggle. Yuri then takes a look at the picture again and notices something. “Miyoung ah, are you happy with your marriage? Does your ‘husband’ treat you well?” Yuri asked it because she didn’t see any smile and interested face at all from Tiffany’s ‘husband’ on that photo. Tiffany’s ‘husband’ looks cold, so contrast with warm and bright Tiffany beside her.

 

“O-Of course I’m happy. My ‘husband’ is so nice to me... Why suddenly you asked that?” Tiffany is surprised with the question as she lied to her friend. “Nothing. Just asking. I’m happy if you’re happy, Miyoung ah. You can tell me if you have problem.” Yuri replied as she smiles sincerely. Honestly Tiffany really wants to tell the truth about her marriage but she can’t. She doesn’t want to make her best friend worry. Actually no one knows about her problem except her only maid here. Tiffany always hides it from anyone.

 

“Ah right, Yuri ya, please have a seat. What do you want to drink? You can wait here while I continue cooking.” Tiffany changes the topic. “Can I join you instead of waiting here alone, Miyoung ah? I still want to chat with you though.” Yuri said. “Oh okay. Follow me then.” Tiffany then takes her friend to the kitchen.

 

“Omo! You’re here too? How are you, Yoona ya? Long time no see you.” Yuri greets Tiffany’s maid. Yoona stops doing her work right away when seeing her and bows to her. “M-Miss Yuri... I-I’m fine, thank you... Yes, Agasshi asked me to live here...” Yoona answers shyly. Yuri then gives her a suave smile. She can see a slight blush from her face. She guesses Tiffany’s maid still has a crush on her. Tiffany has told her long ago that this maid likes her.

 

“You can sit here, Yuri ya. Just make yourself at home.” Tiffany pointed at one of the chairs close to her after putting down on the dining table an empty glass, some cookies and a bottle of apple juice that she took from rack and fridge. She then back to the stove to continue her cooking. She didn’t ask her friend to help her since Yuri is her guest and she knows Yuri can’t cook. Yuri takes a seat and pours the juice into the glass as they start chatting again. They talk about their high school time, reminisce the past, laugh together when remember the funny moments. After Tiffany finished cooking, they then move to dining room as she and her maid preparing the food on the table.

 

“So what time your ‘husband’ will come home, Miyoung ah? Do we have to wait for her before we can start eating? I’m already hungry though and really wanna taste your delicious cook again after a long time.” Yuri actually just want have dinner with Tiffany only. She’s so happy when Tiffany called and invited her for having dinner together but then she’s a bit disappointed when knowing Tiffany wanted to introduce her ‘husband’ to her.

 

“I’m sorry, Yuri ya. Honestly I don’t know when my ‘husband’ will come home since she’s always busy with her work. Let’s just wait a little more, please?” Tiffany already told her ‘husband’ this morning about the dinner with her high school friend at their apartment tonight and Taeyeon only replied her with ‘Let’s see.’ but it really gave her some hope since her ‘husband’ now is not too cold anymore toward her after that bathroom moment when they’re in her parents’ house.

 

“Hmm... The food smells nice...”

 

Tiffany is startled with the sudden voice as both of her and Yuri immediately turn their heads to find the person in suit who just walk in the dining room. “T-Tae... Y-You’re home...?” Tiffany is surprised. Taeyeon then gets closer and kisses her gently on the forehead. Tiffany is stunned. “Of course. You said we have guest, right? And I’m hungry.” her ‘husband’ smiles. Tiffany is so happy. She doesn’t care if it’s just another act or not. At least her most beloved one shows that she’s caring about her. And it’s enough.

 

“Ah right... Hello, I’m Kim Taeyeon. Tiffany’s ‘husband’. Nice to meet you.” Taeyeon turned to her friend and introduced herself first. Tiffany forgets to introduce the two of them. “Hi, Taeyeon shi, I’m Kwon Yuri. Miyoung’s high school friend. Nice to meet you too.” Yuri replied. Tiffany giggled a little seeing their awkwardness at each other.

 

“I’m sorry I forgot to introduce you two. Now can we start our dinner? Both of you already hungry, right?” Tiffany said happily. Taeyeon and Yuri just nodded before taking their seats silently. Tiffany is sitting beside her ‘husband’ while Yuri is sitting across her. Yuri watches Tiffany serves her ‘husband’ first and then Tiffany’s husband gives her a peck on the cheek. Yuri is burning in jealousy. But she’s happy when seeing Tiffany in happiness.

 

“So, what do you do, Yuri shi?” Taeyeon opens the conversation after they started eating their food. Another surprise for Tiffany that her ‘husband’ beginning the talk. Usually Taeyeon just keeps silence when having meal with others. “I’m an artist. A painter for exactly. I have my own art gallery. Miyoung already visited it once. It’s an unforgettable day because finally we can meet again after a long time. We’re really close back in high school.” Yuri smiles at her. Tiffany smiles back. But then she feels her ‘husband’ is glaring at her.

 

“So you went there by yourself without me knowing?” her ‘husband’ asked her. Tiffany is nervous though Taeyeon’s tone was not cold. “Y-Yes. It’s right after I visited your office. B-But I already told you when you’re home, didn’t I?” she’s stuttered. Taeyeon then holds her hand. “We should go there together next time, okay? I also want to see your friend’s artworks.” Taeyeon said. She just nodded.

 

“Oh, really? I’ll be waiting for your visit then.” Yuri replied. “I’ve told you my job. How about you, Taeyeon shi?” Yuri asked back. “I’m Vice President of Kim-Hwang group corporation, a company which owned by my family and Tiffany’s family after merging.” Taeyeon answered. “I see. That’s why Miyoung said that you’re always busy with your work.” Yuri replied again. And then the conversation between the two of them stopped there. Yuri back to chat with Tiffany about their high school time again. Their talk is so fun and they keep laughing together. Yuri notices Tiffany’s husband looks a bit bored and annoyed but she doesn’t care. Yuri is here for her Stephanie Hwang Miyoung.

 

“I’m sorry I’m gonna leave you two. I want to take a bath. I feel uncomfortable still wearing this suit after work.” Her ‘husband’ cut their conversation after finishing her dinner quickly. “I-I’ll prepare the bathtub and your clothes...” Tiffany is about to get up from her chair but her ‘husband’ stops her. “It’s okay. I’ll just use the shower and I can prepare the clothes by myself. Just continue your dinner and your talk with your old friend.” Taeyeon smiles. Her ‘husband’ then kissed the crown of her head before leaving them. She’s stunned once again. After finishing their food, Tiffany takes her friend to the living room. Her maid already prepared the cake that Yuri brought for their dessert. They continue their chat until her ‘husband’ come back and join them again. Taeyeon takes a seat beside her and puts her arm around her waist. But her ‘husband’ is just listening to their stories in silence.

 

“Ah, I think it’s time for me to go home.” Yuri said after taking a glance at her watch. She then gets up from the couch followed by the couple. “Thank you, Taeyeon shi. I had a good time here. Glad I’m able to know my best friend’s ‘husband’.” Yuri said again. “Me too, Yuri shi. Thank you for coming. See you again.” Taeyeon replied. Yuri then leaves the living room followed by Tiffany only.

 

“Thanks a lot for today, Miyoung ah. I really enjoyed our time. Don’t forget to come to my gallery again, okay? I wanna show you my new works. See you next time.” Yuri said and smiled charmingly. She then leans forward and suddenly kisses Tiffany softly on the cheek. Tiffany is stunned, surprised with her action. It makes her blushed a bit. Yuri never kissed her before. The body contact they have made as best friends just hugging and holding hands.

 

“O-Okay... Bye, Yuri ya. Be careful on your way home.” Tiffany stuttered as she waved her hand toward her friend before closing the apartment door. She’s still standing behind the door when she smiles by herself. She’s so happy that she and her high school best friend finally can reunite after quite a long time.

 

“Tsk... What was that?” Tiffany heard a cynical tone and turned her head to find her ‘husband’ standing not far from her place. She can see there’s anger in her stare. She’s afraid. “A-About what...?” She asked Taeyeon back carefully in confusion. She then moves backward slowly until her back touches the door when her ‘husband’ gets closer toward her because she senses something bad will happen again. And she’s right.

 

 “You’re such a flirty woman!” Her ‘husband’ yelled as she gave her a big slap on the face until her head tossed to the other side. Tiffany is taken aback. She then holds her burning cheek. “T-Tae, w-what did I do...” Her eyes start watery because of the sting pain. She doesn’t understand why her ‘husband’ suddenly mad at her again. She thought Taeyeon has changed even though it’s just a little bit.

 

“’What did I do’? You let other person kiss you and you seem like it!! Do you think I didn’t see?!” Taeyeon shouted sarcastically as she grabbed a handful of her hair and yanked it. She yelps in pain. “I-It’s not like what you think, T-Tae… P-Please don’t misunderstand...” she struggle to speak since her ‘husband’ grips her jaw tightly with another hand. She wonders if Taeyeon is jealous. Somehow it makes her happy. It means Taeyeon has feeling for her too even though it’s just a little. But it also scares her. Tiffany remembers when her ‘husband’ beat her up after they attended a business party some time ago because she accepted a guy’s invitation to dance with him at that occasion. Since then, she keeps a distance from any men though it’s her own friends. She doesn’t want to make Taeyeon angry.

 

Tiffany then feels a great abdominal pain as her ‘husband’ suddenly gave her a hard punch on the stomach. She falls on her knees as she keeps holding her stomach. Her tears are rolling down but Taeyeon quickly jerk her up by pulling her hair harshly. Tiffany shrieks as she tries to get back on her feet. “Tae, please…” She cries but Taeyeon slaps her cheek again and slams her back against the door behind. It hurts.

 

“I’m not stupid!! That friend of yours obviously has feeling for you!! Do you think you can cheat on me?!” Her ‘husband’ screamed in her ears. “N-No, Tae… I-I never think of cheating on you… Y-Yuri is just best friend… P-Please trust me…” Tiffany doesn’t lie. Taeyeon is the only one she loves but she kinda surprised and wonders if Yuri really has feeling for her more than just best friend. Tiffany never knows about Yuri’s true feeling toward her. Should she just ask her best friend directly? But she doesn’t want to ruin their friendship.

 

“Don’t lie!!” Her ‘husband’ landed a fist on her face before throwing her to the floor. She also doesn’t forget to give her some kicks on her body. It’s so painful.  Tiffany can only sobbing and begging her ‘husband’ to have mercy on her. Taeyeon finally stops kicking and then squatting down in front of her, grabbing her chin up, looking straight at her in the eyes. “T-Tae, p-please…” Tiffany is trembling in fear and pain.

 

“I’ve told you that you’re mine right, Fany? ONLY MINE. No one may touch you except me, arasseo?” Taeyeon whispered before planting a soft kiss on her lips. Tiffany shivered. She winced a little since there’s a cut on her lips because of the hit but no matter what Taeyeon’s affection always makes her feel better. She closes her eyes. Even though you always hurt and treat me bad but I’ll always love you, Taetae. I still believe you will love me back someday. I still believe you have a warm heart.

 

Tiffany opens her eyes after Taeyeon broke their kiss and let go of her chin. She then watches her ‘husband’ stand up on her feet and walk away without words to the front door. She keeps shuts and doesn’t dare to ask where Taeyeon is going to. She turns her head when she feels a light tap on her shoulder right after her ‘husband’ left their apartment. “A-Agasshi… I-I’m so sorry for always hiding every time Ms. Kim beat you up… I-I should help and protect Agasshi b-but I’m too scared… P-Please forgive me…” Her maid is crying as she kneeling down beside her, hanging her head low.

 

“You don’t have to apologize, Yoona. You’re not wrong. I’ve told you to stay in your room when I have argument with my ‘husband’, right?” Tiffany said after trying to shift her sore body to a sitting position. Yoona still keeps her head down, sobbing. She then lifts her maid’s face up by the chin. “Yoona, I’m sorry if you feel afraid living here. I’ll send you back to my parents’ house.” She said again.

 

“N-No… I won’t leave you, Agasshi… I don’t care where I live. My heart just can’t take it seeing you’re always treated cruelly... You’re the nicest person I’ve ever known, Agasshi. You don’t deserve to suffer…” Her maid replied. Tiffany let out a breath. “Thank you if you still want to stay here with me, Yoona. You don’t need to worry about me. I’m fine. I love her. Marrying her is like a dream came true. I’m happy.” Tiffany smiles sadly as she thinking about her marriage life that literally like hell.

 

“B-But Agasshi…” Tiffany then put her index finger on her maid’s lips to make her quiet. “Yoona, please...” she’s tired for another argument. “I-I’m sorry, Agasshi…” her maid said as she immediately helps her to get up from the floor and takes her to the couch in the living room slowly. Tiffany leans her abused body on as she waiting for her maid to bring her warm water and towel to compress her swollen face. She’s thankful that her previous bruises already healed or it would be more painful for her. When are you gonna stop hurting me, your own wife, Taetae? Her tears fall down again.

 

-------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry for always taking long to update. Work overload. Even I have to bring my work home n still do it on weekend T_T

 

But well, here's the update =) and i already have the story for next chapter in my mind. Hope I can update it fast ><

 

Thank you for reading, commenting, subscribing and voting. I love reading your comments. Thanx once again :D

 

Have a nice day! Cant wait for TTS comeback! ^o^//