Chapter 11

Marriage

 

Tiffany just finished making breakfast for her ‘husband’ and then back to the bedroom to prepare Taeyeon’s work clothes when she found her ‘husband’ is still sleeping. She thought Taeyeon already in the bathroom while she’s cooking. She walks closer toward her ‘husband’ and sits next to her on the bed. She takes a look at Taeyeon’s face. The bruises are still there but her cheek is not really swollen anymore after she treated it last night. She still doesn’t believe that her best friend was the one who hit her ‘husband’. What the reason. She needs to ask Yuri by herself later.

 

“T-Tae, are you okay…? P-Please wake up... Won’t you go to the office today?” Tiffany tries to wake her ‘husband’ up by shaking her shoulder carefully until she hears a groan from her ‘husband’ and sees her rubbing her eyes. So cute. She thinks. But then she’s kinda tensed when her ‘husband’ stared at her intensely before grabbing the back of her head and pulling her closer. Tiffany is surprised when her ‘husband’ suddenly kissing her on the lips softly. Tiffany closes her eyes as she opens slightly to let Taeyeon’s tongue go inside hers. She gives into her ‘husband’s passionate kiss.

 

“Morning.” Taeyeon greets her after breaking their kiss and smiles at her a little. Tiffany is astonished. “M-Morning, T-Tae…” she’s stuttered. “Hmm… What time is it?” Taeyeon asked her as she her hair gently. Her ‘husband’ still make Tiffany leaning forward on top of her as she keeps holding her waist with another hand. Is this a dream? She can’t believe if this is real. Have you really changed, Taetae.

 

“I-It’s almost seven... You better take a shower and get ready now or you’ll be late, T-Tae…” Tiffany still speaks carefully since she often gets hit by her ‘husband’ for trying to wake her up. Usually Taeyeon wakes up by herself but when it’s already late, Tiffany dares herself to wake her ‘husband’ up though she knows that she will receive a yelling and hitting from her beloved one for disturbing her sleep.

 

“Why are you so nervous, Fany? Are you afraid? I’m not gonna hit you.” Taeyeon said while caressing Tiffany’s cheek. Tiffany just shakes her head. “Smile for me then.” Taeyeon’s tone sounds demanding but Tiffany still gives her ‘husband’ a sincere smile from her heart. “That’s beautiful. Now I can go to work in good mood.” Taeyeon then sat up and gave her a quick peck on the lips before getting off the bed and going to the bathroom. Tiffany is stunned. This is the first time she heard such nice words from her ‘husband’ that she believe it’s not an act just like Taeyeon always does in front of others.

 

Tiffany just took a seat across Taeyeon in the dining room after serving her ‘husband’ the breakfast when they start eating their meal in silence. Even though Taeyeon already kind toward her this morning but Tiffany still doesn’t dare to begin the conversation since she knows her ‘husband’ doesn’t like talking during meal. “Fany.” Taeyeon broke the silence. Tiffany lifts her face up and looks at her ‘husband’. “Y-Yes?”

 

“I’m thinking about having dinner with you outside tonight.” Taeyeon told her. “R-Really?” Tiffany is in disbelief. Her ‘husband’ never invites her to go out together except for official events related to the company. Taeyeon nods. “I’ll send a driver to pick you up so you don’t need to drive by yourself to the restaurant.” Taeyeon added. That dinner will be our very first real date, Taetae. Tiffany always hopes for it. “T-Thank you, Tae. I really can’t wait for our dinner tonight.” Tiffany said happily as she clapping her hands in excitement. Taeyeon then chuckled before continue eating her food. Tiffany is stupefied. This is also the first time she heard her ‘husband’s laugh.

 

When seeing Taeyeon already finished her breakfast, Tiffany immediately put down her utensils and get up from her seat. “Where are you going?” Her ‘husband’ stops her from walking away. “T-Taking your coat and office bag…” She answered in confusion since it’s also a part of her daily routine serving her ‘husband’ in the morning. Tiffany often leaves her food if Taeyeon finish eating first because she has to take care of her ‘husband’s things. Everything must have been ready before Taeyeon go to work.

 

“No. Just finish your food. I’ll be waiting.” Taeyeon commanded. Tiffany obeys as she back to her seat hesitantly. She doesn’t want to make her ‘husband’ angry. “Yoona! Come here!” Taeyeon called Tiffany’s maid sternly. Tiffany then sees her maid rush out from the kitchen. “Y-Yes, Ms. Kim?” Yoona stands beside Taeyeon, hanging her head very low. Tiffany’s maid is really afraid of her ‘husband’ although Taeyeon almost never care about her existence in the apartment. “Prepare my stuffs just like your Agasshi usually does.” Taeyeon ordered. Her maid then bowed before leaving them.

 

“Now continue your breakfast.” Taeyeon commanded again before taking her phone from the table. Her ‘husband’ now is focus at the device in her hand. Tiffany tries to finish her food as soon as possible since she doesn’t want Taeyeon to be late to the office because of waiting for her. Even though Taeyeon is still a bit harsh but she knows her ‘husband’ was trying to care about her just now and it makes her happy.

 

“T-Tae, something good happened?” Tiffany dared to ask after she noticed a smirk from her ‘husband’. “Yeah. Our stock and revenue increase.” Taeyeon answered without looking at her but still staring at the phone screen. “Woah, congratulation. You’ve worked hard, T-Tae... Chairman must be proud.” Tiffany hopes it can be a mood booster for her ‘husband’ today. “I know but that old man never appreciates me even for once! What does he want actually. ! I really hate him!” Taeyeon hissed. Tiffany keeps quiet. She kinda regrets mentioning Taeyeon’s father. She then heard Taeyeon let out a sigh before getting up from her chair and leaving the dining room. Tiffany quickly follows her ‘husband’.

 

“T-Tae, please don’t let hatred ruin your day... I-It supposed to be good news that proves your hard work for the company right...” Tiffany finally speaks up and gives a comforting smile as she squeezing Taeyeon’s hand gently to calm her down after helping her ‘husband’ put on her coat. She’s ready if Taeyeon throw the tantrum toward her. Her ‘husband’ sighed again and surprisingly doesn’t mad at her but kisses her on the forehead. “See you at our dinner tonight.” Taeyeon said before leaving the apartment. Tiffany is confounded that her ‘husband’ can control her anger and still nice toward her. Thank you, Tae. I believe you’re actually not a bad person. I’ll always love you.

 

Tiffany just finished putting thick makeup on her face to cover the bruises since she wants to go out. She plans to meet Yuri today because she needs an explanation from her best friend for hitting her ‘husband’. She then takes her handbag and leaves the bedroom. “I’m going out for a while, Yoona. I’ll be back before afternoon.” Tiffany told her maid before exiting the apartment. Tiffany takes her car from the basement and drives straight to Yuri’s gallery. She parked her car as she arrived at the place and walks in the building. “Good morning. How may I help you, Ma’am?” The receptionist greets her as she reached the front desk.

 

“Ah yes, I’m Tiffany Hwang. I’m here to meet Kwon Yuri shi.”

 

“Have you made an appointment with Director Kwon yet?”

 

“No, I haven’t. But please just tell your Director that her friend Miyoung come to visit. I’m pretty sure she will accept me.”

 

“Alright, Ma’am, please wait for a second. I’ll call Director Kwon’s office.” The receptionist said before taking the phone from the table. Tiffany is waiting. Of course she can call Yuri by herself but she thinks it’s better to not talk to her first before meeting her. The receptionist then tells her that she can meet Yuri now after hanging up the call. Tiffany thanked the receptionist before walking away, accompanied by another staff who will take her to Yuri’s office. That staff then leaves her alone after they arrived and knocked the door. “Come in.” Tiffany heard Yuri’s voice from the inside room.

 

“Miyoung ah, I’m surprised you visit me today. We just met last night though. Do you miss me already?” Yuri grins as she greets her from behind the laptop on her desk after Tiffany got into the room. Tiffany just smile. “Wow, your office is so neat and clean. I thought a painter’s office would be messy with paintings, canvases, brushes, palettes, watercolors, etcetera everywhere.” Tiffany is amazed after looking around the room. Yuri chuckled. “Yep, that what you think is in another room not here.” Yuri said as she gets up from her chair and walks to the small round table at the corner of the room.

 

“So why are you here? Do you really can’t wait to see my new works, Miyoung ah?” Yuri asked again as she pouring tea from a pot into 2 cups and gestures her to sit on the couch. “Umm… I’m sorry, Yuri ya. Actually I’m here to ask you about last night’s incident…” Tiffany said after Yuri took a seat beside her and placed the drink on the coffee table. “I-Is it true that you hit my ‘husband’ last night, Yuri ya…?”

 

“Tsk, she’s such a snitch. Yeah, it’s true. And I don’t regret for beating up that .” Yuri scoffed. Tiffany is taken aback. “W-why you did that? And please don’t call my ‘husband’ like that, Yuri ya… The Kwon Yuri that I know is really a good person…”

 

“Didn’t she tell you why I hit her? I saw your ‘husband’ making out with a , Miyoung ah! How could I not feel angry!” Yuri gritted her teeth. “And she also called you stupid! I won’t let anyone hurt and insult my best friend!” Yuri exclaimed. Tiffany startled a bit with the outburst. Yuri then frowns when seeing there no response from Tiffany.

 

“Aren’t you surprised? Or maybe you already knew that your ‘husband’ cheating on you? Don’t tell me if she doesn’t treat you well either because I’m gonna kill her if she makes you suffer.” Yuri talks again. Tiffany is still silent. She doesn’t know what to say. Tiffany definitely can’t tell her friend that what she said is true. She understands that Yuri is caring about her but she can’t let her best friend hurt her ‘husband’ again. She doesn’t want another fight between the two of them. Yuri then holds her hand.

 

“Look, Miyoung ah, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to meddle in your housewifery. I just think she’s really not good for you. You deserve a better person who truly loves you, Miyoung ah.” Yuri said. Tiffany then pulls her hand away from her friend. She feels a little offended and sad. She’s also tired with that kind of sympathy.

 

“With all due respect please stop talking bad about my ‘husband’, Kwon Yuri. You know nothing about her since you met her just for one night. I love her so please don’t judge my marriage, okay...” Tiffany finally speaks up.

 

“I just care about you, Miyoung ah. She’s definitely not the one for you.”

 

“Oh, really? So who do you think the right person for me? You? My own best friend?” Tiffany can’t help but thinking about her ‘husband’ words that her friend has feeling for her. It makes Yuri caught off guard. “I-I…”

 

“I see you don’t like my ‘husband’ is it because you have feeling for me more than just best friend, Yuri ya?” Tiffany finally asked it. She needs to know the truth. Yuri then takes a deep breath and looks into her eyes.

 

“I-I... Yes... I love you, Hwang Miyoung... I love you since we’re in the high school... I-I was afraid our friendship would ruin if I told you about my true feeling toward you...” Yuri finally confessed after 10 years she hid it. Tiffany is surprised. So it’s true... She never realized it though they always spent their time together back then. She never considers Yuri more than a best friend all this time.

 

“I-I think I should go now...” Tiffany said as she takes her handbag and gets up from the couch. She needs time for thinking alone. But then Yuri grabs her arm and pulls her back. “I’ll make you happy, Miyoung ah. Please give me a chance...” Yuri said before kissing her on the lips. Tiffany’s eyes wide open in shock. “Y-Yuri, please stop it... I’m already married...” Tiffany mumbles in between Yuri’s lips. She tries to resist but Yuri holds her tightly. Even Yuri kisses her more deeply by slipping her tongue into . She’s aghast.

 

“Please Yuri... Don’t make me hate you... ” Tiffany’s tears start rolling down as she keeps trying to release from her friend. Yuri finally let her go after she tasted a salty liquid on her lips. “I-I’m sorry, Miyoung ah...” Yuri said. Tiffany doesn’t answer and quickly gets up. She then rush out of the office room and go to her car outside the building in hurry. She immediately drives her car again leaving the gallery. Tiffany is crying while driving as she keeps wiping her lips with the back of her hand. “Taetae, I’m sorry... I just cheated on you... My lips were supposed to be yours only... I’m really sorry...”

 

Tiffany then stops her car on the side of the road since her eyes already full of tears and her phone rings. She wipes her tears and takes a look at the caller ID. It’s from Yuri but she hangs up the call right away and throws her phone to the passenger seat beside her. “Yuri ya, why? Why you did that to your own best friend? You know I’m already married...” Tiffany is between angry, sad and disappointed with her friend. Maybe she can understand about Yuri’s feeling toward her if she thinks it for awhile but she can’t accept that Yuri also kissed the lips belongs to her ‘husband’ only. Her phone then rings again but now it’s a message. She takes her phone promptly since it’s a special tone.

 

From: My Dearest Hubby Taetae

Fany, don’t forget our dinner tonight. Dress prettily.

 

Tiffany’s tears rolling down again as she reads the short message from her ‘husband’. Taeyeon almost never calls or texts her except if there something urgent related to company or their parents. Please forgive this stupid wife for letting other touch what’s yours again, Taetae... Tiffany hangs her head low, sobbing harder as she remembers her friend’s lips on hers and her friend’s tongue inside .

 

--------------------------------------------

I'm sorry for the late update *bow*

I'm still trying to recover from OT9 break up. It damn hurts really since i always thought and believed they would stay together as 9 till the end for this 7 years I've been stanning them. But no matter what happen, I'll keep supporting SNSD and will always love them forever. 영원히 소녀시대.

Anyway, thank you for reading, commenting, subscribing and upvoting my story. I love you guys ^__^