Chapter 5

Marriage

 

Tiffany just left her father’s office. It’s been a while since she met and had conversation with him. It’s nice but short because her father has appointment with other businessmen. Her father noticed some bruises that her ‘husband’ did on her body and her face but she said she got minor accident when driving recently. Her father was worried but fortunately believed her story. Her father also told her to visit her mother with Taeyeon this weekend.

 

Tiffany sits in her car and takes a look at the brochure that she took from her father’s office earlier. It’s an art gallery brochure. She thinks it seems interesting and decides to go there before going home. Maybe she can find a new painting for their apartment. Then she starts the car’s engine and leaves the building.

 

Tiffany already arrived at the art gallery and now looking around the hall. There no many people who’s visiting the place so she can enjoy seeing the paintings comfortably. All the paintings are nice and beautiful that it makes her confused which one should she choose since she just wants to buy only 1 piece. She can’t buy more because her ‘husband’ doesn’t really like if their apartment has many decorations. She still focus on her mind and doesn’t realize that someone is coming closer.

 

“Is there anything that we can help, Ms. Stephanie Hwang Miyoung?” the sudden voice from behind her surprised her especially because the person knows her full name and her Korean name as she remembers that she only wrote ‘Tiffany Hwang’ on the attendance book. She then turns around and see a tall tanned woman in black leather jacket smiling at her. The woman looks manly but still pretty.

 

“Do you really not recognize me, your high school friend, Miyoung ah?” the woman pouts but it looks so cute.

 

“Eh? My high school friend?” she pretends to think. Of course she recognizes one of her best friends. The woman keeps looking at her with full of hope face.

 

“OMG! Are you Kwon Yuri?! The captain of the basketball team who was very popular among the girls in high school?!” she exclaims. The woman nods happily. “Of course I remember you, Yuri ya.” she continues and laughs.

 

“Yah! So you just pretended?!” her high school friend cries out. She chuckles.

 

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry... How are you, Yuri ya? Where have you been? We lost contact for a long time after you left the school all of sudden. I miss you...” she hugs her friend. She can feel her high school friend froze in her hug before she let go of her.

 

“Yuri ya, are you fine?” she asks her high school friend who still doesn’t move.

 

“Y-Yes, I’m fine. I-I miss you too, Miyoung ah...” Yuri is a bit blushing. Yes, she still has feeling for Stephanie Hwang. Maybe Yuri was popular among the girls back then but she couldn’t catch her heart. Then Yuri takes a glance at her watch. “Ngg, wanna have lunch together while talking, Miyoung ah? There’s a cafe in this gallery.”

 

“Alright. You also need to explain why you suddenly left without me knowing.” she said. She was sad and disappointed back then but she believed Yuri must have a reason. Then Yuri takes her to a small cafe at the side of the building. While eating, Yuri told her that she’s the owner of this gallery and most of the paintings here are her works. She’s amazed and happy. Finally her best friend can use her awesome talent that she didn’t really show in high school. Yuri also told her about her leaving. It’s because of her family’s problem where her mother found about her father having a fair with another woman so her mother took the children away and left the country. Yuri didn’t tell her back then because she’s confused and embarrased. Now she understands about Yuri’s situation and feels sorry.

 

“Okay, I’ve told you my story. Now your turn, Miyoung ah.” Yuri said after sipping her drink.

 

“First of all, i wanna tell you that I’ve been married, Yuri ya!” she said happily. “My ‘husband’ is my father’s friend’s daughter but I already know and love her since we attended same university. Do you believe that?” she’s excited but she doesn’t hear any response from her friend. Yuri in freeze mode again but now with a shocked expression on her face.

 

“Hello~ Kwon Yuri~ Are you still there?” she waves her hand in front of her friend’s face to get her attention.

 

“W-Woah, C-Congrats, Miyoung ah... I-I’m happy for you...” Yuri fakes a smile. Her heart is broken after hearing the news. Stephanie Hwang whom she loves since in the high school now belongs to someone else. Yuri blames herself for being a coward back then because she’s too afraid of losing her if she confessed her feeling.

 

“Haha... Thank you. I’ll introduce you to my ‘husband’ next time... And how about you? Do you also have a lover already? You should introduce her or him too, Yuri ya.”

 

“Yep, I also have someone that i love but I think we can never be together.” Yuri said sadly. Tiffany then touches her hand and caressing it. Yuri feels her heart stops beating.

 

“I don’t know what’s the problem but don’t give up on your love, Yuri ya. If you truly love someone, don’t let them go without a fight.” actually she always says this to herself. She keeps trying to get her ‘husband’s love that she always yearns for.

 

“Ah right, didn’t you come to this gallery for the paintings, Miyoung ah? I’ll give you one as a present.” Yuri changes the topic. She doesn’t want to talk about love thingy anymore. It will only hurt her more.

 

“Omo, really? I love your paintings, Yuri ya. They’re wonderful. What’s an honor for me to recieve such masterpiece from Artist Kwon. Thank you so much.” she teases her friend. Yuri shakes her head and laughs. After finishing their lunch with some light talk, they back to the main hall of the gallery. They didn’t have time to chat any longer because Yuri has guests that waiting for her in her office. But Yuri still helped her to choose the painting for her gift that will be delivered by her staffs to her apartment later. Yuri also took her to her car. Then they said goodbye and promised to meet again soon.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it's just one update again ^^

Thank you for reading, subscribing and commenting ><