Chapter 21

This love is just your crazy obsession

      Four long, grueling minutes passed before Yong Guk made a move. He took a long drag on his cigarette before he plucked a barrette off of your night table, which was just within his reach, and lit the lighter once more. Yong Guk looked oddly calm as he placed the flame under the metal part of the barrette.

      "I assume that you know how long it takes for burn marks to disappear Mi Nah? So I suggest you start remembering soon."
      "Yong Guk I don't, I don't remember. I'm sorry." You whimpered. He said nothing but press the hot metal onto your shoulder and in return you clenched you teeth and before you had a chance to make so much a squeak his hand covered your mouth. 
       "No one cares about you, there's no point in screaming." Your lower lip quivered as you tried your hardest not to let him see you cry but a few tears escaped anyhow. "You're sure you don't remember me?" You nodded. "Wrong answer" he whispered. "I'm going to make you go through all the pain that I did and you're going to remember me whether you like it or not." His eyes were like daggers of ice digging into your skin with every word he uttered. "I suppose we should start at the beginning. We were neighbors, and the first time I ever met you.. you walked in on my mother beating me. That was having a ty day and took it out on me as she always did but then you came in a saved me from her wrath. It came back to me ten fold that evening but none the less, you were my guardian angel sent to protect me. Do you remember this?" You shook your head again. Yong Guk frowned and put the flame under the barrette once more. "I really don't want to do this but it's the only way."
      "You don't have to do this" you pleaded.
      "Oh, but I do my sweet Mi Nah" Yong Guk said as he stuck the hot metal right below the other one and once again, he covered your mouth to keep your from screaming. 
      "I'm not your Mi Nah!" you yelled when you were free to talk again "You've got me confused with someone. Just leave Yong Guk!" As soon as those words left you mouth something snapped in the boy sitting atop of you and his cool stare turned into a glare of death. Yong Guk pulled the cigarette out of his mouth and stuck the lit side onto your arm.
      "Goddammit just remember me!" he yelled with all his might "You said you'd never leave me Mi Nah, you promised! In the first grade you made a fuss just because we weren't in the same class and you'd sneak over so many times that they just transferred you to make it easier. Then in midd- no, in.. no, no no!" He pulled his hair and struggled to organize his thoughts. Frantically Yong Guk  mumbled to himself and tried to think but he couldn't. "It's all your fault! It's your fault Mi Nah!" He had a hand on your thigh and with every syllable he spat his anger grew higher and grip became tighter. "She committed suicide, my own mother... and you, you weren't there like you said you'd be! Everyone blamed me for her death and then you left without a word! Do you know how ing alone I felt?!" You were shaking and paralyzed with fear he was acting the same as the day that you were abducted. The poor soul was tormented by his own existence more than anything else. "Then you came back and ignored me like I was a joke, a loser. L. Joe, that bastard took you away and ever since you've ignore me! I hate you Kwon Mi Nah! I even sent you all those texts and flowers so that maybe you'd notice be again but no! You just stuck with stupid L. Joe! Why the hell won't you remember me? I was the one there for you when your parents passed away but then you just up and abandoned me! Why? Why Mi Nah, why.." Yong Guk seemed to have cooled down and his hand left your thigh. The death glare he once shot you was gone too and replaced with eyes filled with pain and guilt. "I-I'm sorry, Mi Nah, I.." Yong Guk flung the lighter over against the wall causing a picture frame to fall to the floor with a crash.
 
 
      "Aish, I can't believe I forgot my phone here! Good thing I borrowed their extra house key, heh." Sungyeol made his way into the Kwon residence and carelessly started overturning cushions in hopes of finding his phone, which was of course on silent, somewhere here since it was the last place he remembered having it. Suddenly the sound of a crash came from the back of the apartment and Sungyeol's curiosity took the better of him so he went to find out what it was. 
      "Is anyone there?" he called out. In response, Sungyeol heard a muffled scream coming from one of the bedrooms. Forgetting everything else he ran to the source of the noise and opened the door to your bedroom without hesitation - what he saw shocked him. At first, Sungyeol thought he had walked in on something entirely different but in a few seconds time he realized what was really going on.
      "Yah!" Sungyeol yelled "Get the hell off of her." Pushing Yong Guk off of you and onto the floor Sungyeol forced him into a corner and glared at him.
      "Who the hell are you?"
      "It doesn't really matter, does it?" Yong Guk said with a faint smile on his lips. He chuckled lightheartedly and stared Sungyeol dead in the eyes. "What's wrong, Sungyeol-shi?" Yong Guk asked, cocking his head to the side. Tired of this game, Sungyeol hit him where it counted so he wouldn't be going anywhere for a while. As anyone else would have done, Yong Guk sank to his knees and wallowed in pain for the moment being.
      "Mi Nah?" Sungyeol called in a soothing voice with his arms outstretched. You couldn't control your emotions anymore so you collapsed into Sungyeol's arms and it was like the floodgates opened: you held onto your cousin like he was your life line. You started to think about your mother and wished that she was here. So many times you wished she was here  for birthday's and Mother's Day but you wanted her to be here now more than ever.