Chapter 17

Foolin' Around

The next day you were not in the mood. You woke up on the wrong side of the bed. You weren’t able to get much sleep since you stayed up late so you were a little cranky. You took a bath and wore your uniform and went downstairs. Your parents greeted you and you just acknowledged their morning greeting. You silently ate your breakfast and when you were done you excused yourself and went ahead. Dongwoo saw you so he called you out. You stopped on your tracks and just looked at him.

“Good morning!” he greeted as he was now in front of you.

You just smiled back but he can see that you were not really sincere with the smile.

“Is something bothering you? Did anything happen?” he asked.

“Ani I’m just not in the mood. Mianhe.” you said as you started to walk and he followed you.

You arrived in school without even talking once.  You went ahead of Dongwoo and you went straight to your classroom.

After a while you saw Hoya arrive and he was looking at you until he was in front of you.

“Yah! I was calling you why weren’t you answering?” he said as he sat on his chair and then he faced you.

 

Your POV

“I forgot my phone mianhe.” I answered lifelessly.

I think he noticed that I’m not in the mood so he didn’t say anything anymore.

After a while our teacher came and gave as a surprise recitation Oh great! just what I wanted (I’m being sarcastic here)… please don’t let me be called. I was avoiding eye contact with my teacher and I was bowing my head and I tried my best to hide behind Hoya but she still saw me and called me. Could my day get any worse? I’m not prepared so I wasn’t able to answer it correctly and after that she was saying a lot of things like I should study more and exert more effort. As if I’m not exerting enough effort? It just so happened that I wasn’t able to study and sleep early since our neighbor was noisy because they had a party. I really hate it when I don’t get sleep I get really cranky. I can’t answer back because she’s the teacher and I might get detention if I do so I just apologized and went back to my seat.

It was finally lunch time I don’t feel like eating so I just went to the school grounds and sat under the tree and took a nap.  I felt someone tapping me my shoulders so I opened my eyes and I was surprised to see Dongwoo. Okay I wasn’t really expecting him here.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“I should be the one asking, lunch time is already over.” he said.

As he said that I looked at my watch and he was right 30 minutes had already passed after lunch. I guess I’ll be skipping class today.

“You’re right, and how about you why are you here?”

“I was actually on my way to my class when I saw a figure then I went here to see who it was and I saw you, you were sleeping soundly so I didn’t wake you up.”

“Then why did you wake me up just now?” I asked, he didn’t wake me up earlier so why now?

“Well a teacher saw us and told me to wake you up and get back to class.” he answered while he was scratching the back of his head.

I should’ve known.

“Well we better get back to class.” I said as I stood up, he stood up as well and we went to our class.

 

When I opened the door all eyes were on me and I swear I can feel my teacher glaring at me while I was making my way to my seat. Before I could sit down he called my attention and so I looked at him.

“Ms. Kim where have you been why come to class only now?” he asked.

I can’t tell him that I fell asleep during lunch time.

“I went to the clinic sir. I’m sorry I didn’t notice the time. I had a headache so I went there.” I lied but I hope he buys it.

“Okay I’ll let you go this time since this is just the first time but next time, I won’t buy that excuse and mark you as cutting classes. Take your seat.”

“Yes thank you sir.” I said and sat down. So even if you’re student is dying you won’t excuse them? Gosh he really doesn’t give that much consideration he’s really a strict one. Or is my acting bad that he didn’t buy it?

I wasn’t really concentrating and I was just making doodles on my notebook. I can feel a pair of eyes looking at me. After our teacher had left…

“Where have you been?” he finally asked.

 

Hoya’s POV

I can’t believe that she was late and she lied. I saw her through the window with Dongwoo walking back to the building. Where could she have been? So after our teacher had left I immediately asked her. She looked at me for a while, as if she was thinking if she should tell me or not, before answering.

“I actually fell asleep a while ago but I can’t tell him that now can I?” she said.

“But why were you with Dongwoo?”

“He saw me so he approached me and woke me up.” she simply answered.

“Why did you ignore me earlier?”

“Why do you have so many questions?” she said. I think she’s already annoyed but I didn’t do anything I was just asking.

“Besides I didn’t ask why you totally ignored me yesterday and now you’re asking me why I ignored you.”

Okay she’s mad now. What did I do to get her mad? I don’t know if I should be thankful that our teacher had arrived already. I don’t know what to say to her. I didn’t really mean to ignore her it’s just so embarrassing to do something like that, that’s why I can’t face her. I wasn’t like that before, when noona was still here, but after she left, after a few years every time I would surprise her the next day I would feel awkward/embarrassed that I can’t face her so I’ll ignore her.

 

After school I decided to go home with her since I didn’t make any plans for today.

“Wanna go home together?” I asked.

She just nodded so we went out and walked our way to the bus stop. We were quietly waiting for the bus to arrive. She’s usually noisy but now she’s quiet probably she’s on her period. While we were waiting we saw Dongwoo. So he rides the bus as well. Does that mean that they sometimes go to school together and even on the way home?

“Hey!” I greeted and he greeted back.

I saw him looking at ~~~ and it looks like he has something to say but I think he’s hesitating, is it because I’m still here? ~~~ doesn’t seem to notice him though.

After a minute the bus arrived. I waited for her to step into the bus before leaving. I saw Dongwoo sat beside her, they must be close now.

 

Dongwoo’s POV

“I see Hoya walked you to the bus stop today.” I started and I think she kind of got annoyed by the way she looked at me.

“Yeah.” was all she said.

“Aren’t you happy?”

“How could I be happy when bad things happened to me today? He even made my day worse.” she said I can feel that she’s irritated. They must’ve got into a fight. I didn’t say anything anymore since she might just get angrier. We were walking in our neighborhood already when I saw Kyun and he approached us. He also just arrived from school and was about to get inside the house when he saw us.

“Annyeong!” he greeted with matching aegyo.

“Did you arrive just now?” I asked.

He nodded and he tugged ~~~’s arms. I looked at her and she just looked at Kyun.

“Is there something wrong unnie?” he asked.

“Mianhe I’ll go ahead.” she said and did really went ahead.

Kyun was left dumbfounded.

“What did you do to her hyung? Did you confess to unnie already?” he asked and looked at me with accusing eyes.

“Mwo? I didn’t and why would I? She was already like that earlier. C’mon let’s go inside.” I said as we went inside. I wonder what happened to her. It’s unusual to see her like that. She’s usually like Kyun active and talkative.

 

 

 

 

~here's an update but I'm sorry for this chapter I just kind of wanted to rant on something since I got pissed off.... please do leave comments ^^