Appetite

Start Over

“I see you’re quite the pig.” said Jae Kyung as she stared at the being that was eating more than he probably should.

Who knew that a guy with a small frame like him could possibly have such a big appetite? From the tripes, he moved in on the spicy rice cakes and proceeded to the black bean paste noodles seamlessly. There had to be at least ten different food items on the table in front of him.

Initially, Jae Kyung wasn’t sure if he would be able to finish it all. But after watching him gobble his food down at top speed, she was more than convinced.  

“Spare me the snide remarks and remember that you’re being paid for this girl.” replied Zico, his mouth full of food.

Jae Kyung could only afford to shake her head in contempt. She knew that Zico just enjoyed getting under her skin by reminding her of her financial situation time and again. She decided to let that one slip by, seeing as to how it most probably did not have any other implications behind it.

------------------------------------------------

Zico had never felt so hungry in a long time. Like there was a huge hole in his stomach. All the while, his hunger was quelled by that of disturbing thoughts from that fateful day. But ever since Jae Kyung came along, unknowingly, his life began changing for the better. He slept soundly at night and never skipped meals as much as he used to anymore.

Silently, he thanked the woman opposite him who was giving him a disapproving look. He chuckled.

As soon as he was done, Zico broke the silence.

“Thank god I was able to finish my food. Had it been another person eating in front of you, I’m pretty sure that their appetite will be ruined just by looking at your ugly expression.”

She frowned.

“Well thanks for helping me come to a conclusion then. You’re not just a pig. You’re TEN PIGS PUT TOGETHER.” went Jae Kyung as she followed behind her employer who could not help but to laugh uncontrollably at her counter attack.

----------------------------------------------

Seeing Zico smiling and laughing so hard at something was a first for Jae Kyung. Sure she had seen him smirking, grinning and chuckling. But never had she seen him being so generous in expressing his happiness.

His small eyes disappeared into mere lines as his head was thrown back by his sudden guffaw. His eyebrows were far apart and not scrunched up together, like they normally were.

She was taken aback by his sudden response but was comforted later by the fact that he was actually more pleasing to look at, joyful.

Why is my heart beating so fast now? She clutched the cloth of her cardigan. Puzzled, she decided to brush it aside.

As the two continued exchanging witty rebuts with one another along the stretch of stalls in the food fare, Zico saw something that made his heart drop. Memories of that eventful day gushed to him all at once, forcing him to immerse himself in the unwanted nostalgia all over again.

His face fell. He looked almost crestfallen.

“Uh.. You can go first..” said Zico to Jae Kyung, as he walked towards the familiar figure, leaving the woman with him dumbstruck over the drastic change in atmosphere.

----------------------------------------------------

Unsure of whether he was doing the right thing, Zico’s heavy legs brought him closer and closer to that of the woman whom he had grown so distant from. Feeling a dry lump form in his throat, he called out the name he once used to call so endearingly.

Time seemed to come to a standstill. He could almost hear his heart ramming against his broad chest.

Then, as if in slow motion, the person in question turned herself around. The both of them were facing each other then. He gulped, hard. No turning back now.

He felt his insides churn. 

Suddenly, the sight and smell of the food around him didn’t arouse him any longer. Along with his cheery mood, Zico had instantly lost whatever appetite he had from earlier on. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HOOOOOOOOOOOO YEH FOR 3 MORE SUBSCRIPTIONS AND REALLY LOVELY COMMENTS!!! <3 <3 (two for good measure heheh)

So i just read this super super supeeeeeeeeeer awesome zico fanfic from ret097 and i SWEAAAAAAR its really good. So good to the point that i managed to read the whole 19 chaps in one serving, not entertaining my fatigue from working 9 - 5.

SO BELIEVE ME HAAHAHAAHAH!

Its called "I'd Lie Again To Get You (1)"!

(p/s - im not wrong by doing this right?? I mean im just spreading the word and not claiming credit frm it or whtever.. Right right RIGHTTTTT~!??)

Ok sorry im just paranoid like tht ahahahaha.

SO YEH. After reading ret097's fic, i swear my standards in fanfics have officially skyrocketed.

Which is a major downfall for me (somewhat). Cause that means i will never be satisfied with my own fic untill i ensure that its almost as good, if not even better, than the standard i have unconsciously and unnecessarily set for myself.

Cause come on. Even i myself know i will never be able to be on par. For now, at least.

LOLOLOLOL OK WHATEVER SO IM JUST GONNA UPLOAD ANOTHER CHAP LIKE A BOSS WHILE LISTENING TO BLOCK B'S HALO BEFORE I DECIDE TO CHICKEN OUT AND CAUSE THE WHOLE WORLD TO CELEBRATE LIKE NO TOMMORROW (and thts even IF the whole world is reading this in the first place, which i highly doubt so.. omg im so whiny and longwindeddddddddddd).

KKK OUT.