Used to it

Start Over

“Huh? Jae Kyung.. Kimchi pancakes..? Again?” cried Zico as he opened the door to the cool breeze of the night which brought in the knowing scent of his once favourite food.

It had already been two weeks since their last encounter and sure enough for Zico, the others had stopped bothering him. But of course, this wouldn’t have been able to happen without the help of a particular friend. Or in his case, ‘employee’.

Zico was living a better life then, unintentionally. Her presence had served as another form of distraction for him. And truth be told, he actually preferred this more than the usual rounds of late night drinks. At least I don’t have to wake up from a horrible hangover.

He looked down at the woman who had caused him to grow sick of kimchi pancakes and showed a look of disgust.

“You’re very welcome Jiho. But come on, it IS your favourite food! Besides, I didn’t know what else you’d like to eat.” replied Jae Kyung, unfazed, to the figure that towered over her. She had eventually gotten used to Zico’s unnecessary rudeness by then and her form of payback was by calling him a name which he found so unbearable to hear.  

Zico pulled another face at her and responded, “If I like something so much, it doesn’t mean that I have to keep stuffing my face with it until I get tired of it. It’s all about balance girl!”.

Uninterested in what else he had to say, Jae Kyung pushed her way through him and entered the squeaky clean house.

She and Zico had managed a small ‘spring cleaning’ session a few days earlier, with Zico doing most of the cleaning. He recalled what Jae Kyung had said that day with full conviction,

Well YOU'RE the neat-freak, so YOU do it yourself!”.

He shook his head at the thought of her lazing around as he did all the work.

“Yah who said you could come in?!” cried Zico, enraged by her oblivious attitude towards him. 

By then, Jae Kyung had already gotten herself comfortable on the cushioned couch with her legs hanging from the coffee table in front of her.

“I swear, if I wasn’t getting good money for this, I’d probably just take these pancakes back to my place where it will be fully appreciated; My stomach.” she replied, taking a bite out of the food that was causing the argument.

He smirked at her comment.

“But Jae.. Don’t you think your stomach appreciates enough already?” rebutted Zico, pointing to the slight bulge at Jae Kyung’s middle area.

With all the unhealthy and late night snacks she had been having over at Zico’s place, it wasn’t a surprise to her that she had gained a few kilos in the process.

“Wow. That’s really cheap Jiho. But my stomach would appreciate it better if you just stayed out of its owner’s business. Capische?” defended Jae Kyung while flashing one of her signature smiles at the man who was staring at her with his arms crossed in utter disbelief.

“You’re really outrageous. You know that?” for the first time in a while, Zico was tongue tied. Talking to her always led to a battle of words. In any other duel, he would probably have been able to dominate. But when it was with her, the score was almost always a draw. I’d finally met my match.

As Zico sat next to her on the couch, he said mockingly, “Careful now Jae. Wouldn’t want you to choke and die now, wouldn’t we? Cause if you do, what am I gonna do with your fat paycheck?”.

Jae Kyung was more than familiar with this tactic of Zico’s. It was his way of giving her a serving of humble pie. She rolled her eyes at his lame, now overused, approach.

“Jiho. Do something productive for once ok? If you’re going to keep complaining and putting me down, at the end of tonight, you’ll still be the hungry one here.” said Jae Kyung, just almost as mockingly as the male who then had his mouth gaped open.

----------------------------------------

“You’re gonna have to pay me extra for this now Jiho. This is WAAAAAAAY out of my job scope.” said Jae Kyung, giving the man beside her a nudge on the elbow.

“Psh. You sure know how to squeeze a man dry of his money.” replied Zico calmly as he continued looking at the way in front of him, unwilling to pay the woman next to him, who was wearing an oversized cardigan above a tank top and holed jeans, any attention.

Jae Kyung had to stop in her tracks to process what she had just heard. Her anger was slowly mounting, like that of larva from an active volcano. She shot daggers with her glare at the hooded figure that had his hands kept in the front pockets of his dark pair of jeans. He was slowly growing distant the more he continued to walk on by as though nothing had happened.

Sensing the lack of her presence next to him, Zico stopped too and turned around to face the seemingly dark face of a woman. Tickled, he chuckled out loud.

Zico knew that Jae Kyung wasn’t a fan of his sarcastic humour. Especially when the joke was about her and her financial issues. But still, he got a kick out of seeing her get angry.

Hoping to be wronged about this someday, he actually found it to be slightly, if not at all, cute.  

“Okok I know I know. Anything but your money woes. Sorry~~!” said Zico in an attempt to reduce the then building tension.

But when the woman still refused to budge from her place, he got more proactive with his approach.

“Come on, let’s go Jae. I’m starving!” he said again, not being able to hide the sheepish smile on his face, as he went behind the frowning woman and gave her a light push on the small of her back.

---------------------------------------------

Jae Kyung had every right to be angry. And when she was, she had no problems in showing her displeasure. Countless times she had told him that she was sensitive over these kinds of things. Is he stupid or just plain dense?

“One more time and I’ll make sure you eat your words.. Do you get me?” Jae Kyung replied with a slightly raised voice to the man who was pushing her weight forward, against her will.

“Yea yea I get it ma’am. So what do you think I should eat?” asked Zico, trying to shift the mood by changing the subject as they entered the noisy and crowded food fare in front of them.  

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

YES IT'S A GOD DAMN FRIDAY. FINALLY.

I SWEAR IM SOOOOOOO ECSTATIC THAT IM NOT EVEN GONNA BOTHER MYSELF WITH THE FACT THAT I HAVE TOTALLY NO NEW SUBSCRIBERS OR COMMENTS WHATSOEVER.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.

AND JUST WANNA APOLOGIZE TO MY EXISTING SUBSCRIBERS. IM SURE YOU'RE PROBABLY BORED BY NOW AND WONDERING WHY THE HELL YOU EVEN CLICKED ON ZE SUBSCRIBE BUTTON IN DA FIRST PLACEEEEEEEE.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.

OK I'VE SAID MY PIECE.

ENJOYYYYYYYYYY (OR NOT HEEEEEE)~