04

top secret

A/N: people who didn't read the chapter in Changmin's P.O.V. yet, read that one first.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Jaejoong's P.O.V.

As soon as the fromt door opened, the smell of Junsu's blood filled my nose. My resolve was already weaker because of the smell of the two criminals and the small amout of blood I have drunk the last few days.

While Yunho and Yoochun rushed to Junsu in Changmin's workplace, I rushed up to my room. Once inside I lit some incense to try to get rid of the delicious smell, but it had hardly any effect.

I ripped off my facemask, and drove my fangs deep into my pillow. I had to bite something. I needed to distract myself.

I didn't want to hurt Junsu or Yoochun. I had promised myself long ago that I wouldn't hurt innocent people. I could not live on animal blood only. Not with my job.

I sometimes went out at night and drank from someone who didn't deserve to live. Rapists, abusive people, all people who hurt others just for pleasure. Mindreading made it easier to distinguish those who hurt for pleasure and those who had no choice.

But I couldn't hunt now. It was still daytime while most criminals come out at night. Also I could hunt better at night. I don't burn in sunlight, but does hurt when it touches my skin. Also my semses are stronger at night.

There's a reason vampires are sometimes called children of the night.

The door to my room opened, and the smell of blood intensified. I couldn't hold back anymore. I rushed towards the door, but slammed into something hard. It was Changmin.

He held me back, but my instincts had taken control of me. I tried to push him to the side, but my face suddenly felt like it was on fire. Changmin had probably sprayed holy water on my face.

I tried not to scream out in pain as my burns heald because of my rapid vampire healing.

"Are you back to your senses hyung?" I nodded, and the both of us sat on my bed.

Changmin told me that Junsu was unconcious, but he would make it.

"Junsu was lucky he got poisoned with that specific poison. Yunho was poisoned with it two years ago. I had used a highly concentrated anti-fatigue medicine in the hope he could fight the poison himself. That's when he became a half-ghost. After that we created an antidote. All Yunho had to do was making sure Junsu could breathe well and help him coughing the blood out of his lungs. Yoochun is really worried about him though."

I concentrated on Yoochun's thoughts, and Changmin was right. All his thoughts were about Junsu being okay.

Changmin talked with me in order to distract me until he said: "Hyung, It's eleven o'clock. You can hunt now." I thanked Changmin for distracting me, and opened the window.

I climbed up to the roof and fully activated my mindreadig powers. I listened to each one until I found what I was looking for.

A man was aproaching a girl, maybe eight years old, intending to her. The way he described her made her sound very poor. Dirty, torn clothes, extremely skinny, and bad hygiene.

I rushed over the rooftops in the directions of the thoughts. I found the man already standing over the girl, who was scared to death.

I jumped from the roof and pressed the sick man against the wall. The man was extremely scared. The fact that I had left my contacts and facemask at home and my fangs and red eyes were showing might have caused that.

The fact that this pedofile was still thinking about the girl made my decision final. I bit his neck, and some of the warm blood flowed into my mouth. I hard on the small wound until there was no blood left in the man's body.

I threw a small amount of fuel over the man's corpse, and burned it.

I turned towards the young girl, who was extremely scared of me. A boy around the age of fifteen came running from the other side of the alley. He stopped in front of the girl, and guarded her with his own body.

He looked evenly poor and I became sad. These two kids probably only had eachother. I explained that I wouldn't hurt them, and after fifteen minutes they finally trusted me.

I promised to bring them to an orphanage, but they told me they escaped from one where they had been abused. When I watched closer, I could see scars all over the boys body.

I promised to take them to a better one. There was an orphanage kn the other side of Seoul that I funded to make sure there was a place to go for homeless kids.

After some more convincing they believed me and I brought them to the orphanage.

Today might have had a bad beginning, but helping these kids was definetly a good twist.