A Maze of Hallways

OVERDOSE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XIN POV. 

I sat there for hours; staring at that goddamn open door. I was scared to go outside of the this room even though I had spent days screaming my lungs dry- wanting to get out. It wasn't really the leaving part that scared me, it was what was beyond this room. They were outside it- all 12 of them. They wanted answers, answers that I don't know myself. They're angry at me, I can tell- I don't really know what had happened with me and Sehun but from what I've heard from Kris and Suho it sounds catastophic. I wrapped my hands over my head- without a hood I felt exposed, it was unatural for me. I was still wearing the same clothes I have been in for days. I didn't really know where to go from here, it's like that kind of feeling where you start writing a sentence but you don't know how to continue it. There was nowhere to go if I stayed in here,  even worse- someone might come to drag me out of here. I prefer not to interact with people. I slowly crawled out of the room, I didn't trust my legs to carry me out of here as I was near shaking with nervousness. I don't like this lightheaded feeling, when you get tingles and your body feels lighter as if it wasn't there. I peeped out of the door way, to my right was a little desk with a switch that stood at the window. It was a small room and to my left was a door. There door was closed but I don't think it had a lock. I stood up and gently pushed the wooden door open which thankfully made no sound as it moved. I was now able to see a halway, it had plain white walls and dark planked wood for floor.

No one was in sight and I could hardly hear anything. I crept down the hallway until I reached my choice of three doors- one on the left, one on the right and one straight ahead. I glanced at each door, they all looked identical. I decided to see what was behind the door on the left. I in a breath as my hand slowly grasped the handle, like ripping off a plaster I flung the door open. Stone walls with stone stairs that disappeared in the darkness, it must be some kind of basement. Deciding to avoid the potential s&m dungeon or secret prison they kept down there I closed the door. I hoped the door on the right would prove to be more interesting. My former nervousness gone, I opened the 2nd door and looked inside. Unlike the stone steps going down- the door on the right revealed  wooden stairs that led up and were flooded with light. I stared up- wondering what was up there. I my head flung to the side as I heard a crash and some noises come from behind the door that was straight ahead, followed by muffled voices. That eliminated the 3rd door as a choice because I didn't want to run into anyone. I made my decision quickly as I heard foot steps close by, I walked up the stairs and quietly shut the door behind me. I took each step both cautiously and slowly, the only noise I could hear now was a plodding noise my feet made. I reached the top, it was an empty room with glass walls. I wasn't one for views, but this wasn't something you couldn't take just one glance at.

Before was a carved landscape, it seemed like the choice of location for their house was a little extreme as it was situated in a mountain range. The mountains looked barren and the forests were tightly packed with trees. I sat down in this empty room and just watched nothing, it was one of those unusal times where you can sit for years doing nothing else but this. I looked up to the sky through the glass room's roof, it was a clouded over day but the landscape remained nonetheless breathtaking. I stood up and looked down at the house, the glass room I stood in was built higher than the rest of the house and on its own. The house itself was huge, shards of rock had been cemented into the wall for what must be camoflague. I could only see the roof of the house from here, but I wanted to see more. I knew I wasn't going to escape from a place like this, my strategies of blending in wouldn't work here. 

I guess I could sneak from room to room without them knowing for a while. I boldly descended back down the stairs and went through the 3rd door that I had earlier ruled out. It was yet another hallway, I could either go to the left or the right, to the right was a dead end after two doors, one on either side of the hall and at the end of the hall was a small, square window. I could go right and then turn back left again. The closest door to me turned out to hide a dance room behind it, it was plain and one wall was just two large mirrors side by side. I went on to see what the other door was- an office. It was sleek and silver mostly with hints of black. It looked very professional and unnaturally tidy- I decided it was best not to go in and mess up even the slightest detail. Back down the left side of the hall there was only one room before it made a right turn. I opened the door and nearly collapsed, it looked like a hospital room and doctors office in one- but that wasn't what gave me that 'oh sh*t' feeling. It was Sehun in the patient's bed holding a magazine while slightly sitting up but looking up to meet my stare. I froze under his blank expression- upholding one of my own. Should I say something? Apologise even though I can't remember what happened? Just leave? 

"I see you're out then," Sehun broke the crushing silence. 

I nodded my head in response. He continued to pierce me with his analysing stare. After another long, awkward sil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter