What Would Be

OVERDOSE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HAE POV. 

Things were awkward so to speak later that night, Luhan said nothing and did nothing when I avoided him- I think he noticed I was embarrassed. I was ashamed also, I couldn't look him in the eye. He's too bright, it hurts my eyes to look at him. My eyes sting when I see him look down and smile to himself when making a cup of coffee. I hate him. I hate myself more. 

He went around and did things like I wasn't there, he sat and watched tv that morning, staring blankly at the screen as if nothing happened whereas I couldn't stop thinking. I needed space, and to get away from the awful brat (even though he is most likely older than me by a significant amount). I opened the window and climbed onto the roof. I spent hours lying there staring up at the cloudy sky. The sun was hid by a blanket of clouds casting a onimous, grey tone over everywhere. I wonder what it would be like if I was born human. 

I would've had a happy childhood, I'm sure of it- I would've lived happily in the same house all my life; one with a white fence at the front of the garden and over the years the paint would peel off it. I would've gone to a school nearby when I was young and been classmates with the kid who lived next door to me. We would've become the best of friends and we would've grown up together. Our bedroom windows would face eachother and we would've talked to eachother every night before going to sleep. We would part ways when we changed schools in later life, I would go far away and would have to take the train to high school while they took it in the opposite direct. They would slowly fade from my memory and we would become awkward strangers. I would try my best in classes, not really fitting in but not sticking out either. Almost invisible but having an inevitable crush in the one who took notice of me when no one else did, then learn my lesson through heartbreak when I realised they did it out of kindness. I would scrape average grades with all the strength I had and get into university. My mother would be proud, she will have been remarried for quite a while now, my stepdad would be kind but distant. I would have little twin siblings who would be the apple of my parent's eyes, they would have peachy skin and cute chubby cheeks matched with curly dark hair. In university I would fall in love again only this time my romance would last a little longer but again would not work out. But later in life, there would've been someone who would've worked out, we would've moved into an apartment, went on walks through the park with our dog, text each other to get milk at the store since we ran out, ask where they put the tv remote... 

It's so painful I can't breathe. I closed my eyes, they were as dry as sand- I could hear Luhan leave the house as a car pulled up; that must be Sehun coming. I didn't bother moving, not even when I heard Sehun ask 'Where is she?'. I breathed slowly, in and out, in and out, in and... His face was above mine when I opened my eyes, I glared at Sehun and his sudden appearance. He gave me his usual blank expression like he hadn't climbed onto a roof to stare at my face. 

"You kissed Luhan," He stated. 

... What. 

"SEHUN!" Luhan cried from down on the ground. 

I sat up so fast I nearly collided skulls with Sehun, my mind couldn't really process what he said but then it registered in my head. Luhan told him? As soon as he saw him? Was he bragging or something? My eyes went wide and I couldn't speak, not even to reject what he had said. 

"I can tell by the way he's so ing happy," Sehun went on. I didn't reply, because I didn't know what to reply- I just stared at him. 

"Sehun!!!" Luhan was taking an almost childlike temper tanturm out of embarrassment. 

"Pull that with me and you're dead," He said. 

I slowly nodded after a long silence. Luhan left after that, Sehun made me stand outside and we said goodbye to him (well, Sehun did).

"See you..." Luhan gave my head an awkward pat before getting into the car. 

 

Staying with Sehun was a little different from staying with Luhan, for one he liked to annoy me. When I reached for a slice of pizza he always seemed to snatch it before me. We sat in the living room eating it, while watching tv- watching being an overstatement. He constantly flic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter