The Little White Room

OVERDOSE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XIN POV

I slowly woke up from the darkness, my body felt heavy and sore all over. I was tightly hugging myself as I laid on a soft surface. I didn't want to open my eyes, my eyelids felt like they weighed like a tonne. I breathed in- faintly smelling blood but what alarmed me was that I couldn't really smell anything else. I breathed in deeply again, there was that slight medicinal smell you always found lurking at hospitals. I listened all while as I did this- heard nothing. The panic of not knowing where I was set in, I couldn't remember where I was or anything that had happened. I... I had left for China? No, I had arrived there. I forced my eyes open to see if I could recollect anything from my surroundings. What I saw scared me. 

It was a white room. A clean, untouched white room with cushioned walls and no doors and one mirror which was probably a one way window. Lights were placed along the edge of one of the corners so I wasn't in complete darkness. I started to hyperventilate, this can't be happened, no this has to be some cruel twisted nightmare I can't be back here again. They sent me to here when I was a kid, they sent me to a mental facility on account of my not human behaviour. I looked down at myself and realised that I wasn't hugging myself at all- I was in an restraining jacket. 

"No," I whispered; my voice cracking painfully. 
"No, no, no, NO," I ended off starting to scream. I couldn't control myself as I started thrashing about; kicking and screaming bloodily murder. 
"YOU CAN'T PUT ME BACK IN HERE," I screamed, I didn't know who I was screaming at but frankly I didn't care. 
I roughly pulled my arms; breaking the restraining jacket. My weak state let me down as I pounded on the walls on the verge of tears. All the white was blinding and unnatural, it hurt my eyes. 

I spent what seemed like hours screaming angrily at walls that couldn't scream back. I even tried to break the glass mirror but nothing worked while I was weakened. I ended up sliding down the wall, panting as my throat ached for a drink of anything. I didn't cry, I had stopped long ago- shut it off with a lot more other emotions. I just stared blankly at the window as I leaned against the wall. If I squinted I could make out the faint line of where the door must be. I closed my eyes and drifted off into a tired sleep. 

 

I didn't know how long I had spent in this room, but  it was starting to become suffocating. I had enough bad memories of a place like this. Memories I didn't want resurfacing. I couldn't tell whether it was day or night, Monday or Sunday. I screamed a lot, swearing wildly as I dented the soft walls. But I had gave up, no one ever heard me- I was all alone. I chuckled darkly at the thought- 'this is a perfect place for a monster like you'. 'Now you can't kill anyone you sick murderer', negative thoughts swirled my mind and I let them drown me. I could easily think of something else but I didn't. I thought about how this is the kind of place I would keep coming back to for the rest of my life. No one would ever know, nor woul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter