Another Week, Another Name.

OVERDOSE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rain softly pattered against the walls of the building, it dripped from the ceiling- the constant 'plop' sound every few seconds was maddening. The floor was slowly becoming wet due to the cracks in the window. She sat there, on her makeshift bed with brass frame and old, faded grey sheets. She hung her head in shame, her knuckles almost turning white as she held her hands into fists. 

She had done it again. 

It had been a late night in the city, it was dark- perfect for a creature like her. Downtown was dangerous- everyone could tell by looking at the ruin down buildings and the people who walked the streets. She kept her head down but only to be taunted by the smell of blood, it filled her nostrils and seared dry. She tried to ignore it, pretend it wasn't there but the wheels of her mind were working too quick to stop herself. She had figured out the location of the smell and an estimate of how many people there was. Her feet took her there unconsciously and soon enough was feeding off of a gang fight. There was about 6 men to 8, some had already been knocked out. 

Not that numbers never stopped her. 

She went through them in a matter of minutes, she slit throats, snapped necks, the blood was everywhere. Some tried to get away but like the preditor she was she cornered them before giving them a sight of her white gleming teeth before pouncing on them. Once the blood bath ended there were no sign of bite marks- just immense wounds and not much blood left. In her high, she aimlessly wandered back to the building that had been abandonded due to a fire. It was her home for a while. 

At this present moment she felt sick to the stomach at what she had done, she never wanted that metallic taste to touch her tongue again. But she thought that everytime this happened, she tried to control herself but she never could. Later that day she snuck into somewhere- not remembering or caring exactly, it might have been a school or a spa she just went to the place where she heard running water. She washed all of the blood off her and scrubbed her skin red raw feeling guilty at the red liquid all around her. She changed into the spare clothes she had brought with her- a pair of non-branded jeans, a white t-shirt and a plain black hoodie (some of the few clothes she owned). She knew it was best to wear things that were unrecognisable- it means less chance of getting caught. 

She went back to her makeshift apartment and collected her things, the blankets and the bag with the rest of her belongings in it. She burned the clothes she wore last night in the worn down bathtub then left. She looked up to the sky as she walked along the pavement. She needed to leave now but where? The thought of leaving saddened her- they were here. 

Well not all of them- half of them to be specific. They lived in Gangnam living the high life, while she kept to the gutters. The selfish thought of seeing them one last time before leaving crossed her mind. 

One look wouldn't hurt, she thought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter