Chapter 21

The Mysterious Book
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“ STOP! STOP IT!!!!!!!” Eunji shouted from the top of her lungs as she cried. Inguk was begging her not to look and hugged her as she cried in his embrace. Joo Won was in front the both of them, protecting them from Won Geun, who was beating Daehyun with a wooden stick. As brave as Joo Won could be, he wanted to look away so badly but was afraid that if he did, Won Geun might do something to the rest of them too.

Daehyun was shirtless and curled up his body to protect himself from Won Geun’s outrageous beatings. Several black, blue and purple bruises appeared on his body along with wounds that were oozing out blood and he was bleeding from his head. Why was Won Geun doing such a thing, they asked themselves. They were so confused but that doesn’t outweigh the fact that Won Geun was beating the crap out of Daehyun.

Joo Won couldn’t take it. He swore to himself that as the oldest, he would protect all of them, even if they were supernatural maniacs.

With all of his strength, Joo Won landed the strongest punch he could ever muster onto Won Geun’s cheek. Won Geun groaned and glared at Joo Won, who was helping Daehyun up.

“ Won Geun what the hell is wrong with you?! Are you insane?!” Joo Won shouted.

Won Geun smirked and said, “ No. I’m just simply doing what I should have done when you first arrived last week. You humans are weak and pathetic just like my brother.”

“ Go to hell.” Eunji muttered and glared at him.

“ Oh pretending to be so bold now are you? Well, let’s see how bold you are once I kill the mistress, or shall I say, Lee Jieun?” Won Geun’s smirk grew wider.

“ Don’t you dare touch her!!! If you so ever touch a single strand of her hair I will strangle you!!!” Joo Won shouted.

“ Let’s see you try. But before that, Lee Jieun will be dead before you even get a chance to see her.” Won Geun said tauntingly as he left the dungeon cell.

“ Damn bastard. Who does he think he is?” Inguk said.

“ Oppa! Daehyun oppa, wake up!” Eunji cried as she tried to wake her unconscious brother up.

“ Help! Help! We need medical attention!” Joo Won shouted for help.

“ Dude, no one’s going to come. We were shouting earlier too but no one bloody heard us. Do you think they’ll hear us now?” Inguk said as a matter-of-fact.

“ Inguk oppa, I love you but stop being such a prick. At least it’s worth a try to actually call for help.” Eunji gritted her teeth.

“ Help! Help!” They repeatedly called for over half an hour but unfortunately, no one heard them, or just couldn’t be bothered.

“ It’s useless. Let’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter