Chapter 20

The Mysterious Book
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashback~
It was just three days ago, a few hours after Lay took out the bullet from Jieun’s shoulder. Despite Sehun’s protest of leaving Jieun all by herself, all of them had to train without Jieun. Every hour, two of the guys would go up to her room to check on her. Now, it was Kai and Luhan’s turn to check up on her.

Kai opened the door to Jieun’s room and to his surprise, she was awake!

“ Luhan, Jieun’s awake! We have to call the rest!” Kai nudged Luhan as he spoke.

Luhan stopped Kai before he could teleport back to the guys.

“ Kai, something’s not right….” Luhan said as the both of them stared at Jieun, who was staring out the window.

“ Jieun….?” Kai called out as he slowly walked towards her.

She turned her head in their direction and they were surprised to see that her eyes were purple! The both of them widened their eyes.

“ Luhan… what the hell do we do now…?”

“ I don’t know….we can’t call Sehun over since we don’t know where he is in the forest…..”

Kai and Luhan stayed quiet for a minute, scared that Jieun would attack them, but she just kept staring at them, especially at Kai. This didn’t go unnoticed by Luhan.

“ Is it just me or is she staring at you…?” Luhan asked.

“ Well, she’s not doing anything at all so I think it’s safe to say that she’s practically harmless now. My guess is that she’s still weak from the gunshot wound.” Kai said as he sat next to Jieun on the bed.

“ I don’t think that’s a good idea, Kai…” Luhan said, still being cautious around Jieun. After all, she’s still in the bloodlust mode.

“ Well she’s not even moving from her spot! But it is pretty weird since she keeps staring at me.” Kai looked at Jieun. He had to admit, Jieun looked really pretty with her purple eyes. It’s as if he was entranced by her. He just couldn’t look away from her.

That’s when Jieun made her first move. She placed her small hand on his cheek delicately. Next, she trailed her fingers along his chiseled jaw line. She moves onto his nose and finally his lips. All these gestures were making Kai’s heart race. Noticing that Kai was in a daze, Jieun leaned in and Kai unconsciously leaned in too.

Luhan, on the other hand, was observing the two of them with his eyebrows furrowed. Why would Jieun be doing this? Unless…..she has a reason to do this….

At that very moment, Luhan spotted a dagger in Jieun’s left hand.

“ Kai! Snap out of it! She’s seducing you! She’s going to harm you!” Luhan shouted as Kai’s lips were just a few centimeters away from Jieun’s.

Kai stopped almost immediately and opened his eyes. He saw Jieun raising the dagger up to strike it at him.

Kai shot up his hand to get a hold of Jieun’s wrist. Jieun grunted in pain as Kai twisted her wrist so that she would let go of the dagger. Jieun struggled to get out of Kai’s grip but she wasn’t strong enough.

“ Bloody hell, Kai! I told you not to go near her!” Luhan said as he picked up the dagger.

“ Jieun, snap out of it!” Kai said, softly slapping Jieun’s cheek and obviously not listening to Luhan.

“ Dude, you’re not Sehun. You can’t snap her out of her bloodlu- what the hell did you just do?” Luhan stared at the two in amazement. Jieun was looking at Kai with her big, brown eyes. She looked over to Luhan and then back to Kai.

“ I was in my bloodlust mode, wasn’t I? Kai….you stopped my bloodlust. How is this even possible?” Jieun broke her eye contact with Kai and stood up abruptly, which made her dizzy, and she fell onto th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter