Chapter 18

The Mysterious Book
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun’s legs gave way as she felt a sharp pain in her shoulder.

“ JIEUN!” Sehun and D.O hollered. Sehun caught Jieun as D.O ran over to them.

“ Jieun, why did you run in front of me? I could have taken it!” Sehun panicked as Jieun starts breathing heavily.

“ Sehun, she can answer your question later! We need to take her to Lay now!” D.O stated.

Sehun carried Jieun and held her close to him as he and D.O ran back to the house. Sehun ran to Jieun’s bedroom while D.O told the others about what had happened. Minutes later, Lay and D.O busted into Jieun’s room with the others. Since the roomwas roo small to fit, only Lay, Sehun, Kris and Suho were allowed to enter the room. The rest waited in the living room. D.O explained the situation in greater detail for the others to fully grasp the situation.

“ Is she going to be all right?” Jungkook asked worriedly.

“ She got shot in the shoulder and there may be a possibility that the bullet hit a nerve. It’ll be very painful.”D.O muttered the last sentence.

Just then, an ear-piercing scream resonated through the house followed by muffled screams.

“ Kai, teleport D.O here! We can’t hold her for much longer!” Kris shouted from the room.

Kai immediately teleported himself and D.O to Jieun’s room and  they appeared at a scene where Lay was holding a pair of tweezers and Suho, Kris and Sehun were trying to hold Jieun down to the bed as she was struggling to break free from their hold. Jieun’s screams were muffled by the cloth strapped around . She opened her eyes for a split second and in that second, Kai and D.O could see that her eyes were purple.

“ D.O hold her down! She’s too strong!” Sehun said.

D.O went to Jieun’s side and held her down. To his surprise, now that she’s in her bloodlust mode, her strength rivals with his own.

“ Someone hold her legs down!” D.O said. D.O continued to hold her down by her arms as Kai and Kris held down a leg each. Lay took this opportunity to take the bullet out with his tweezers. As he dug the tweezers into her shoulder, Jieun bit on the cloth hard and screamed, trying to withstand the pain.

“ I got it!” Lay held up the bullet. After he wrapped the bullet with a small towel, he proceeded to heal Jieun’s open wound. Jieun wasn’t struggling as much as before now that the bullet was out.

Everyone sighed in relief as it was soon over. Jieun was sleeping peacefully in her room. The guys would check on her from time to time but it was mostly Sehun who stayed by her side. D.O also spent most of his time with her.

 

Two days have passed and there’s still no sign of Jieun waking up. Sehun held Jieun’s hand while staring down at her. Sehun heard a knock on the door and Baekhyun came in.

“ Sehun, you should take a rest. You’ve been here all day. C’mon, D.O and Jin already made dinner. Let’s head downstairs.”

“ Can you bring me my dinner? I don’t want to leave  Jieun alone.” Sehun said.

Baekhyun smiled and nodded. He made his way back to the dining room to fetch Sehun’s share of the food.

“ You don’t want to leave me? Sehun, I can take care of myself.”

Sehun widened his eyes and looked at Jieun, who was smiling at him.

“ Jieun! You’re awake!” Sehu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter