Round 01: Vs. Bulbasaur

Pokémon Journey - Discontinued

...Round 01: Vs. Bulbasaur...

Name: Park Miyoung (Undecided) 박미영
Age: 15
Trivia: One stepsister and one half-brother
???: -

Current Pokémon Party:

Koko (7) 
 Hardy Nature
-

 

-
-

 

-
-

 

Name: Lee Dari (Undecided) 이달이
Age: 16
Trivia: One younger brother
???: -

Current Pokémon Party:

Pulp (7) 
 Quiet Nature
Kyte (5) 
 Calm Nature

 

-
-

 

-
-

 

Name: Ok Taecyeon (Trainer) 옥택연
Age: 17
Trivia: One older brother
Badges: **

Current Pokémon Party:

Char (50) 
 Naughty Nature
Po (50) 
 Brave Nature

 

Pi (45) 
 Modest Nature
Shift (49) 
 Sassy Nature

 

Pidge (50) 
 Hardy Nature
Gal (56) 
 Calm Nature

 

"So where are we going first?" Taecyeon asked, staring between the two girls.

"You said Vermillion so let's start there," Miyoung suggested. Dari shrugged.

"Why not. Let's go. My threat still stands though," Dari warned, throwing a suspicious glance at the male. 

"Understood ma'am," Taecyeon stated jokingly. "I don't think we'll be able to get there in one day though, especially since we started so late. The rain seems like it'll get harder later on so let's stop at the next town for the night. It'll be better than sleeping outside."

"Sounds good to me," Miyoung agreed, beaming. "Although the rain is beautiful, I think it'd be pretty cold while sleeping."

The three looked around at the woods around them.

"Give me a second," Taecyeon muttered, pulling out a pokéball and throwing it up. "Time to play Shift."

A Shiftry emerged, looking around the forest.

"Wow! A Shiftry!" Miyoung breathed, squealing. She leapt, wrapping her arms around the Shiftry only to find she was not hugging the Pokémon.

"Oops. Sorry," Miyoung apologized simply before looking around. She spotted the Shiftry and began to chase after it. "Hey! Get back here! Let me hug you!"

Miyoung disappeared into the trees and Dari sighed, throwing a quick glance at the male beside her. 

"So tell me, what are you doing here?" she questioned, hands swinging casually at her sides. 

"I'm heading to Vermillion City," Taecyeon answered simply, raising an eyebrow. "Why?"

"Let me rephrase that: what are you doing here traveling with Miyoung for?" she asked, eyes narrowing. 

"Why does it have to involve her?" Taecyeon threw back, surprised and confused. 

"If you won't say for now then whatever. You'll spill eventually," Dari stated, looking forward once more. "Oh look. There's the next town."

Taecyeon stared after her, blinking slowly.

"That girl will make a grown man cry," he muttered to himself as the trio (and his Shiftry) entered the small town.

...

Miyoung flopped onto the bed of the Pokémon Center's many rooms for rent. 

"Our first night!" she squealed. "I've never slept in a Pokémon Center room before."

"It's probably like any one of our other sleepovers," Dari pointed out, slipping into the empty bed. "Except minus the four hours of gaming, movie watching, and talking."

"But still," Miyoung pouted, throwing a pillow at the other female. "It's an experience!"

"Will you stop that?" Dari questioned, throwing the pillow back. "I'm tired and we'll have to travel far tomorrow if you don't want to take Taecyeon's offer and fly there."

"Alright," Miyoung agreed, sulking. "I wonder why Taecyeon decided to camp outside rather than rent another room in the Pokémon Center."

"To each their own," Dari muttered with a yawn. "Turn off the light. Good night."

"Night," Miyoung called back, shutting off the light and rolling over as her eyes shut into a calming rest.

...

"Yessir," Taecyeon stated into his Pokégear. "The mission's going perfectly. She doesn't suspect a thing...Yes actually. I would have appreciated the warning beforehand sir, but I suppose it's too late now. I'll get around it. Don't worry. Just make sure to pay me properly...That's it for tonight. We're heading for Vermillion City...Yessir. I'm hanging up now."

He hung up his Pokégear, tossing it carelessly into his bag. He yawned, stretching before curling into his sleeping bag, staring up at the stars above. 

Beside him, his Shiftry slept outside her pokéball as she always did when in the area. 

"Night Shift," he muttered before his eyes closed into a dreamless sleep.

...

It was early morning when the trio began traveling once more, the sun barely over the far-off valley. Miyoung was the same as always - chipper and unbelievably positive - but Dari was strangely out of it.

"Low blood pressure," Miyoung explained to Taecyeon who threw confused glances at the spaced out girl. "I'm guessing you're good with mornings?"

"Not good," Taecyeon denied with a yawn. "Just normal. Sleepy at first but I'll wake up later on. I think you're more unusual. How can you not be tired?"

"How can you two be sleepy?" Miyoung retorted with a snort. "It's a brand new day with a brand new adventure with brand new people and Pokémon to meet! You two should be excited!"

"Miyoung, you're unrealisitc," Dari pointed out, rubbing her eyes. "I don't understand how you can be so happy right now."

"Well, I'm out here on a journey with two amazing companions. Why shouldn't I be?" Miyoung questioned, looking at the rising sun. 

"Sorry Miyoung, but as much as I love you, I love sleeping in much more than starting this journey early," Dari admitted with a yawn. "Anyways, it'll take a while until we get to Vermillion City. We should play a game."

"Alright then! Word train," Miyoung declared. "With Pokémon. If a wild Pokémon appears, the person whose turn it is should get to battle it too."

"No repeating and Nidoran, male or female, is only counted once," Dari added. 

"Then I'll start," Taecyeon declared. "Mm...Abra."

"Aipom," Miyoung continued.

"Murkrow," Dari stated.

"Wailmer."

"Remoraid."

"Dragonite."

"Exeggutor..."

...

"I can't believe we played until we reached Vermillion City," Dari blandly stated, looking around the town. The trio had restarted the game several times but with quick traveling and their minds occupied, the journey had passed by quickly.

"Now to the Gym!" Miyoung declared happily. "With my new friend Nana too!"

"Whoa there," Taecyeon stopped, wrapping a loose arm around Miyoung's shoulders. "You shouldn't rush your battle so soon. Come on. It's late. The stars and moon are out. I don't even think the Gym Leader is awake, knowing him. Let's challenge him tomorrow, ok?"

"You know the Gym Leader?" Dari realized, raising an eyebrow.

"Well yeah. The friend I mentioned? That's him," Taecyeon admitted, letting go of Miyoung. "He's an Electric-Type user. More importantly, both of you are challenging him?"

"Of course," Miyoung answered.

"Why not?" Dari questioned.

"Well, I hate to put a damper on things but Miyoung,  you caught that Pokémon today. Plus, you and Dari, you only have two Pokémon each. The Gym Leaders have been placed in power for a reason. They aren't pushovers. They might crush you two right now. Are you guys ok with that?" Taecyeon pointed out, frowning.

"Never know until you try," Miyoung declared, playfully flicking his forehead. 

"Besides, you have to know your limits to train to them," Dari added, rolling her eyes. "Besides, the number of my Pokémon is unimportant to a battle."

Taecyeon looked between the two females and sighed.

"Guess I can never win. Well, let's get some sleep at the very least. The Gym Leader isn't even awake for you two to challenge anyways," Taecyeon urged.

"Alright. Let's get some rest then. Where's the Pokémon Center around here?" Dari asked, turning to Taecyeon.

"That's a good question," he mulled, thinking. "Hmm...I don't remember."

"Well then you're useless," Dari insulted, linking arms with Miyoung. "Come on Miyoung. Better find the Pokémon Center before it gets any later."

"Yes ma'am," Miyoung agreed, the two girls walking off arm-in-arm. Taecyeon looked after them for a second before snapping out of his trance.

"Hey wait! I'm sleeping in the Pokémon Center tonight too!" he declared, chasing after them.

"Loser," Dari sighed, but the two females waited for the male anyways; they had bonded.