Introduction: Part III

Pokémon Journey - Discontinued

...Introduction: Part III...

Name: Lee Daehyun (Trainer) 이대현 
Age: 13
Trivia: Bloodtype A
Badges: -

Current Pokémon Party:

Treecko (7) ♂
 Hasty Nature
Abra (5) ♀
 Modest Nature

 

-
-

 

-
-

 

A hand pushed aside the branches of a low tree, revealing a boy who looked around the forest in wonder. His eyes caught on a blur of brown and white and his eyes lit up.

"Knew helping Professor Jung over the years would help out later on," he muttered to himself, pulling out a red device. "Hmm...Zigzagoon, level 3? Alright then." 

He touched his hat with a smirk.

"Let's move, Treecko," he called out releasing a Pokémon from its pokéball. "Leer then Pound!" 

The green Pokémon immediately moved to obey, throwing a Leer at the Zigzagoon at the same time as the Zigzagoon let loose a loud Growl. Wincing, Treecko ran closer to the Zigzagoon and jumped, dodging the Zigzagoon's Tackle and placing his own Pound attack directly on the Zigzagoon. 

"Good! Once more Treecko!" the boy ordered, smiling; this was what he had been missing out on for three years. "Pound!"

Treecko dodged another Tackle and attacked but missed as the Zigzagoon took an abrupt turn. The Zigzagoon Growled once more before Treecko, taking advantage of the Zigzagoon's stationary attack to Pound the Pokémon. The Zigzagoon swung precariously on her feet before finally falling where she stood, knocked out. 

"Nice job Treecko," the male complimented, letting the green Pokémon climb up his leg and onto his shoulder. He continued walking down the path, talking to his Pokémon. "Our first battle together and it didn't go so bad, right? Too bad we couldn't meet sooner." 

A rustling in the nearby bushes caught his attention. 

"Treecko, Pound," he whispered, putting out his arm and letting Treecko jump off of it into the bushes.

...

Name: Jung Soojung (Coordinator) 정수정 
Age: 13
Trivia: Bloodtype A
Ribbons: 10

Current Pokémon Party:

Marda (25)
 Timid Nature
Cuda (24) ♀
 Relaxed Nature

 

Loda (23) 
 Gentle Nature
Toda (24) 
 Quiet Nature

 

Krida (23) 
 Lonely Nature
Spinda (25) 
 Quirky Nature

 

 

"Almost there," a girl mumbled to herself, climbing up the side of a small hill. She reached up and pulled onto a bush for leverage. A soft whisper that she faintly recognized reached her ears when the bush shook lightly in her hands and a Treecko popped out, aiming to attack.

"Sp-Spinda Hypnosis!" she squeaked, closing her eyes. The Pokémon freed itself from its pokéball, causing the Pokémon to fall asleep mid-air. She caught the Treecko, sighing in relief before shouting. "Daehyun you idiot! Can't you look where you attack?!"

As she expected, a familiar face appeared before her, obviously confused. 

"Soojung? Why are you here?"

His eyes darted to the Pokémon in her arms.

"Hey! What are you doing with my Treecko?" he questioned crossly.

"Help me up first will you?" she pointed out, extending a hand. With a sigh, he locked hands with hers, pulling her up easily. She let out a sigh of relief as he stared at his hand for a moment, thinking.

"How heavy are you?" he asked, startling her. She turned red.

"That's none of your business. This is your Treecko?" she questioned, diverting the topic. She returned her Spinda to his pokéball. "Thanks for almost attacking me and knocking me down the hill."

"My bad," he apologized simply, taking the Pokémon from her arms and shifting it to one of his own. "So what are you doing here now? I haven't seen you since you left a few years ago on your own Pokémon journey."

"Professor Jung called me," she answered as the two began walking back to town naturally. "He said something about calling in a favor."

"Oh, that's right. He wanted me to hand something to you," Daehyun stated, pulling out a red device from his jacket pocket. "He gave me one too. Said its some national project he's doing. He wants us to work on it with him. It's pretty neat actually."

"It's called?" she questioned, looking suspiciously at him.

"It's a Pokédex. If you don't trust me then call Professor Jung. Later," he greeted, walking off. Reluctantly, she followed. He turned slightly to her, amused.

"What? You actually trust me?" he teased with a light chuckle.

"You're a jokester and you're terrible with girls except me-"

"That's 'cause you're not like a girl at all," Daehyun pointed out.

"-but you aren't a liar," Soojung declared as though he hadn't interrupted. "Besides, I happen to be going this way. It's just a coincidence."

"Guess so. This is the main way out of Littleroot after all. Anyways, I'm heading this way," Daehyun stated, pointing one way.  He smiled cheekily at her embarrassed look. "I should ask if we're going together but I guess it's obvious."

"You're a jerk, you know that?" she complained, punching his shoulder.

"Ow! Now look here! You aren't a girl! You can't just punch us guys like that," he joked, rubbing his shoulder. 

"Daehyun, shut up," Soojung growled, unable to help her annoyance at the boy as the two began to walk side-by-side to the next city.