Dungeon: Floor 02

Pokémon Journey - Discontinued

...Dungeon: Floor 02...

Team P.E.P

Name: Miyoung

Species: Eevee

Item: Zinc Band
(raises Special Defense)

 

Name: Taecyeon

Species: Pidgeot

Item: Pecha Scarf
(prevents poisoning)

 

Name: Soojung

Species: Pachirisu

Item: Special Band
(raises Special Attack)

 

"Thanks for saving Sanghyun. I don't know what I would've done if he was hurt. Here's your reward! The promised 500 Poké," the Solrock promised with a smile at her companion Lunatone, passing on not only 500 Poké but also a White Gummi, Yellow Gummi, Sky Gummi, and Wonder Gummi to the team. 

"Oh excuse me," Soojung called, looking at the objects in her hands. "These Gummis weren't a part of the reward. This is too much."

"You're right," the Solrock realized, shocked. "You deserve more!"

"No no no. This is all too much ma'am," Miyoung declared, stopping the Solrock. "We were simply doing our jobs."

"Noona you're being overbearing," the Lunatone muttered but the Solrock ignored him. 

"The least I could do for the Pokémons that saved my brother is to treat them to a little food," she firmly stated, grinning. "Take the Gummis and please keep up the work. Thank you again!"

"Hey Dara-Noona!" the Lunatone cried, following the swift Pokémon. "Wait up!"

The four remaining Pokémon looked between each other and chuckled. 

"It was a good day of work today," Sooyeon pointed out, smiling. "How about we take the remaining day to ourselves?"

"We're up and ready to do more missions. At least one more," Taecyeon insisted, smirking. 

"Hm...I think we can manage another mission before the day's over," Miyoung agreed, looking up at the Pidgeot with a similar fire. 

"I guess the younger teams are more energetic after all," Sooyeon voiced aloud, chuckling. "I'm afraid I'll retire for the day. And don't forget. Pushing yourselves isn't bad per se but rest is equally vital."

"Sooyeon-Unnie is right," Soojung declared, frowning. "I'm tired. You two go off and flirt or something, I'm going to sleep!" 

The Eevee and Pidegot looked to each other than the other two Pokémon before grinning. 

"Alright then. We're done for the day," Miyoung agreed. She turned to Taecyeon. "Let's go on a date!"

The Pidgeot returned her grin.

"Let's."

"Bleck," the Pachirisu joked, rolling her eyes. The Gardevoir could only smile silently as the reward was divided and the Wonder Gummi into her possession. 

...

Team Spirit

Name: Sooyeon

Species: Gardevoir

Item: Persim Band
(prevents confusion)

 

"Today's share is done," she whispered to herself, taking a seat in the rocking chair. It was a small but homely base with three beds, a rocking chair, a long couch, and a fireplace. Her eyes shut slowly as she fell into a restless sleep. 

Brown swam passed her blurry vision but she ignored it in favor of the silver that gave chase. She directed her Magical Leaf attack, her eyes glowing blue, towards the Skarmory the job was against. 

"Keep that up for a bit!" Taecyeon urged, leading the Skarmory towards Soojung who fired a Spark off at the opponent. Miyoung threw sand at the Skarmory's eyes, Growling soon after. 

Her eyes closed to focus better. She would be ok. She had perfected the technique for years. It would all be ok. 

Not like last time.

She used Psychic, readying the leaves abandoned from her last attack. She waited, listening and feeling.

Something flew in the air above her.

There!

She urged the leaves to attack the unsuspecting Pokémon, only a few feet away-

"Hey!" a voice broke in. She opened her eyes just as the attack made contact. Her breath caught in , eyes wide. 

"T-Taecyeon!" Miyoung shouted, frozen in horror. Miyoung's eyes turned to her in question and accusation, but those eyes transformed into judgment and fear as the leaves continued to move opposite of her will. They turned into blades, cutting into Miyoung and slicing into Soojung.

Their eyes stared at her even after death. Accusing her.

She fell to her knees, her breath caught. The Skarmory laughed from above, its cackle surrounding her as she began falling into dark space...

Endless...

Dark...

Deep...

Space...

She startled awake, breathing hard and sweat upon her brow. She let out a shaky breath, tossing away the vision.

It hadn't happened. It wasn't real.

Her arms wrapped around herself in a shallow form of comfort.

But for how long would it stay a mere nightmare?

The Wonder Gummi sat innocently on the mantle above the fireplace, mocking her, and she shed silent tears.

...

Team C.A.N

Name: Kyungsoo

Species: Castform

Item: Detect Band
(raises Evasion)

 

Name: Daehyun

Species: Aron

Item: Twist Band
(prevents lowering of Attack or Special Attack)

 

Name: Hyelim

Species: Nosepass

Item: Power Band
(raises Attack)

 

"Now that was a good mission," Daehyun declared, beaming. 

"You're just happy you'll see Soojung again soon," Kyungsoo teased, hovering near the young Aron. 

"Hyung!" Daehyun called with indignation. 

"Young love is so nice," Hyelim agreed with a soft sigh.

"Not you too Noona!" Daehyun complained, frowning. "Besides, you two are in love aren't you?"

"Wh-What?!" the two Pokémon questioned in unison, turning red.

"See? You two are hiding your love away from me!" the Aron pointed out with a frown. "So tell me who it is!"

"Tell you...who?" Hyelim repeated, looking a bit confused. 

"Of course! It's only fair I know who you two have a crush on since you know who I like," Daehyun declared, looking up at the two. 

"Oh Daehyun. Home already?" a familiar female voice called. 

"Soojung!" he squeaked, turning around quickly. He blinked. "Wait!"

He turned, his teammates gone. 

"Darn! They escaped," he muttered, turning to the Pachirisu who only looked at him with confusion. "You know, you have impeccable timing."

"Uh...Is that a compliment?"

Daehyun sighed. 

"It's whatever you take it as, Soojung."

...

Team Mind

Name: Myungsoo

Species: Gallade

Item: Joy Ribbon
(adds exp. when taking damage)

 

He held up a hand, hesitating. He wiped his hands on his legs, trying to get rid of his sweat before finally knocking on the door.

No answer.

"Excuse me? Anyone home?" he called out, frowning. He was sure that she was home since she had returned and hadn't gone on another mission.

He knocked again. 

"Come in," came the faint call from inside. He raised an eyebrow but put his hand to the doorknob, frowning when it gave way under his hands and the door opened without resistance. 

"Pardon my intrusion. This is...Team Spirit, yes?" he asked, waiting for his eyes to adjust to the dark. 

"That would be me. Team Mind...right?" a voice questioned in return, startling him. She was right beside him and he hadn't noticed at all! 

"Yes ma'am," he confirmed, nodding. He blinked rapidly, glad when his eyes had finally adjusted. She chuckled and he relaxed slightly.

"No need to be formal," she replied, gesturing a seat. "Please. Sit."

He did so, looking around at the items in the home with wonder. It was rare to find himself in another Team's Base, especially Team Spirit's. Across from him, she took a seat on the rocking chair beside the fireplace. 

"What did you seek my home for?" Sooyeon finally asked, turning to the male with a soft smile. 

"I assume that you know of the newest changes in regulations," he started off slowly, thinking of a proper way to phrase it. "If possible, I would like us to join forces. It would be beneficial with our abilities."

She shook her head but he barely caught the movement.

"I'm afraid not," she denied, frowning. "You are the first to know but I am retiring at the end of the week. It would do you no good to stick with a partner for a mere three days."

"What? Why?" he asked, eyes narrowing. His lips turned down with displeasure and if he had any less self-control, he would have stood and shouted. She looked at him for a while, silent then spoke.

"I'm losing my sight," she stated. 

And he felt his world crashing down.

...

Team Storm

Name: Dari

Species: Wooper

Item: Heal Ribbon
(speeds up Healing + Belly Consumption)

 

Name: Sunwoo

Species: Wartortle

Item: Weather Band
(unaffected by weather)

 

"A job well done once more," Dari declared, giving a sigh after the last of their clients had left. 

"Tomorrow I suppose we'll be taking this many missions again?" Sunwoo questioned, stretching his limbs.

"If we can," Dari confirmed, stifling a yawn. "But it's getting late so let's get some rest now." 

"Obviously," Sunwoo joked, holding back a yawn of his own. 

"Today's been a good day," Dari decided as the two headed back to their base. She frowned. "Except for that run-in in the morning."

"You mean with Team Mind?" Sunwoo questioned, looking at his partner with curiosity.

"No I meant with-" 

She stopped in her tracks, her expression strangely neutral.

"Team Flame."

...

Team Flame

Name: Seungyeon

Species: Charmeleon

Item: Dodge Scarf 
(dodges any thrown items)

 

Name: Yukwon

Species: Ninetails

Item: Sneak Scarf
(won't waken sleeping Pokémon)

 

"Team Storm," Seungyeon sneered, recognizing the duo. "What have you two been up to?"

"Doing our job obviously," Sunwoo pointed out, tilting his head. "Does that mean you guys haven't?"

"Puh-lease. We've probably done more missions than you have," Yukwon bragged, his ears twitching. "And probably higher leveled ones too."

"Whatever you believe in," Dari retorted, sighing. "Come on Sunwoo. We should rest."

"What? Tired?" Yukwon questioned. "Or afraid of us?"

"More like sick of seeing your faces and resting up for tomorrow's big mission. We've been requested for a large mission and we don't want to fail because two pests bothered us," Dari answered, sticking out her tongue. "Now if you'll excuse us."

"Huh? Same with us," Seungyeon stated, smirking. "Guess we'll see you soon. Don't lag...Later Team Storm."

The two teams separated, the females stating similar declarations.

"I hate those two."

And the boys agreeing.

"Definitely. Let's beat them."