Dungeon: Floor 01

Pokémon Journey - Discontinued

...Dungeon: Floor 01...

Team P.E.P

Name: Miyoung

Species: Eevee

Item: Zinc Band
(raises Special Defense)

 

Name: Taecyeon

Species: Pidgeot

Item: Pecha Scarf
(prevents poisoning)

 

Name: Soojung

Species: Pachirisu

Item: Special Band
(raises Special Attack)

 

Paws padded back and forth, sweat upon her brown fur. 

"Hey Miyoung! Sorry I'm late," the familiar voice began to excuse. "See, there was this bad headwind so-"

"You used that excuse last week," Miyoung snapped, glaring at the Pidgeot in front of her. 

"I woke up late-"

"Day before yesterday," another female voice chirped in reminder.

"Well what excuse did I not use then?" the Pidgeot questioned, looking at the other team member, a Pachirisu brushing her fur. "Soojung?"

"Nothing. You're late every single day so you've used up all of them," Soojung declared, looking at the Eevee. "Right Miyoung-Unnie?"

"Exactly. Taecyeon, do you not take our jobs seriously?" Miyoung asked, looking at the Pidgeot with a frown. "This hasn't happened once or twice you know."

"Well I'm sorry and I'm here now. Where's our client?" Taecyeon questioned, straining his neck to find them.

"They left," Miyoung stated crossly. "Because you were late, Team C.A.N took them. In fact, they should even be done by now. It wasn't that hard but the client specifically requested us and you were late. Really late."

"Oh," Taecyeon muttered, beak towards the ground. He looked up once more, eyes firm. "Then it's time to chase rescue missions on our own. What's the deal?"

"The deal is that the clients came especially for us and you weren't even here!" Miyoung declared, stomping her paw. 

"Well it's not like they're the only ones and we can still improve until our reputation is good-"

"But how can we improve when you don't even show up on time? We have the basic manners of a job and you don't even follow those," Miyoung pointed out, frowning. 

"Look, I'm sorry. Ok?" Taecyeon apologized, lightly touching his forehead to Miyoung's. "I was held up. It won't happen again."

"You said that before," Miyoung recalled, still not fully placated. "...but I'll keep you to that."

"Yes ma'am," Taecyeon agreed, smiling. "Now let's go get our job. Where's Soojung?"

...

Team Spirit

Name: Sooyeon

Species: Gardevoir

Item: Persim Band
(prevents confusion)

 

"Soojung? What are you doing here alone? Where's the rest of your team?" the female Pokémon questioned, looking down slightly at the Pachirisu beside her.

"Oh Sooyeon-Unnie!" Soojung recognized with obvious admiration. Her cheeks pinked. "Miyoung-Unnie and Taecyeon-Oppa are fighting again so I decided to pick out our new job while they make up."

"You're quite responsible," Sooyeon observed, smiling softly in approval. "Then if you don't mind, may I come along?"

"Really?!" Soojung blurted out, eyes sparkling. "I mean, you can definitely do any rescue mission yourself so, why?"

"Recent changes in Rescue Team regulations says I can't travel alone anymore for missions over a certain class," Sooyeon explained shortly. "So how about it? Mind my company?"

"Definitely not!" Soojung denied, beaming. "Let me go inform my team members and let's go. Which mission will we be taking?"

"Missions," Sooyeon corrected. "We'll take a large portion of missions in the same area so we can help more Pokémon."

"Yes ma'am," Soojung agreed, smiling before scampering off to grab the rest of her team and inform them of the new development.

...

Team C.A.N

Name: Kyungsoo

Species: Castform

Item: Detect Band
(raises Evasion)

 

Name: Daehyun

Species: Aron

Item: Twist Band
(prevents lowering of Attack or Special Attack)

 

Name: Hyelim

Species: Nosepass

Item: Power Band
(raises Attack)

 

"Oh, Soojung? Going out on a mission now?" the male Aron asked as his team entered the Pelipper Post Office.

"Hey Daehyun. Just leaving," the Pachirisu answered, smiling happily. "And we're going with Sooyeon-Unnie!"

"Don't get too excited and mess up," Daehyun teased as his teammates entered the building without him.

"Don't jinx it," the Pachirisu declared, sticking her tongue out at the Steel-type Pokémon. "Besides, no matter what, nothing can go wrong with such a strong Rescuer with us. See you later Daehyun. Don't get lost!"

"Who's going to get lost?!" Daehyun complained, sticking out his tongue in return as Team P.E.P and Spirit left. 

Sooyeon turned to Soojung with an odd half-smile.

"Is something the matter?" Soojung questioned, tilting her head. 

"Just thinking that it must be nice to trust in one's relationship," Sooyeon reflected mysteriously. "Now let us be off."

...

Team Mind

Name: Myungsoo

Species: Gallade

Item: Joy Ribbon
(adds exp. when taking damage)

 

"Hey Kyungsoo. How does this mission look?" the Nosepass asked, looking at a decently-ranked mission with soft eyes. The Sunny Form Castform glanced over her nose, eyes scanning the page.

"Looks pretty good actually," Kyungsoo agreed with a smile. His eyes met hers and immediately, the two looked away from each other, suddenly aware of the lack of distance between each other. 

"Hey Kyungsoo-hyung, Hyelim-noona, did we get our mission yet?" Daehyun questioned, stepping towards them quickly. His voice was strangely chipper and there was a shine on his armor that had not been present before. 

"Yup. Look at this one," Kyungsoo answered, handing the mission request to the young Pokémon. "It's pretty straightforward so we should leave soon. Can't keep a Pokémon in need waiting for a brave deed."

"Excuse me. Please repeat that. Did you just say that I. Can't. Go?" came the threatening question, sending chills down the backs of the team of three. They looked over and upon seeing the speaker, quietly left the building, recognizing the Pokémon. 

"Myungsoo," the Pelipper behind the counter called firmly. "Did you not read the latest news? There have been changes in Rescue Team Regulations because of the recent dangers. Thus, solo missions are not allowed after a certain level. All of the missions you have chosen are above that restriction."

"I've done plenty of these missions on my own and in greater number too," Myungsoo argued, frowning. "A number of the veteran Teams can easily complete missions solo as well."

"Look, it's the new rules. I don't make them but I am here to enforce them," the Pelipper pointed out strictly. "My suggestion is to then partner up with one of these 'veterans' and go on some missions, but for now, since you're alone, these missions aren't available for you."

Myungsoo sighed, resting the back of his blade on his waist.

"Yessir," he muttered. His eyes brightened at a sudden thought and he looked around. "Did Team Spirit already come by?"

"Left just a few minutes ago actually," the Pelipper informed knowingly. "She'll probably be back in the afternoon. Now either take some easier missions or off you go."

Myungsoo looked to the board again before choosing some of the lower danger-level missions.

"I'll take these if it's permissable," he requested, showing them to the Bird Pokémon.

"Go ahead," the Pelipper confirmed before turning to another Pelipper. "Hey! Those missions don't go there!"

The Pelipper flew off to scold one of the new employees and the Gallade left, thinking to himself.

...

Team Storm

Name: Dari

Species: Wooper

Item: Heal Ribbon
(speeds up Healing + Belly Consumption)

 

Name: Sunwoo

Species: Wartortle

Item: Weather Band
(unaffected by weather)

 

"Sunwoo, you're late," came the bland statement as the Wartortle strided up the hill, panting.

"Sorry Dari. I overslept. Won't happen again," the male apologized earnestly, looking at the Wooper standing on the rock above him.

"As long as it doesn't become a habit like the Pidgeot of that other team," Dari muttered under her breath. She stepped down from the rock she was waiting on and the duo began to walk. "Let's go pick our mission now. I saw Team Spirit partner up with Team P.E.P earlier. Aren't they lucky?"

"Team Spirit? I don't know. The veteran teams have their bad points too. Since they've been with their partners for so long, wouldn't it be harder for them to team up with others?" Yukwon pointed out.

"She's been alone for a while," Dari reminded quietly. "Because of that, she's known to be the most adaptable and flexible of the veteran teams. She's a hero to many of us female Pokémon."

"I don't know. Personally I prefer Team Mind," Sunwoo admitted. "He's a strong Pokémon and he's always been a solo member."

"Men," Dari huffed, rolling her eyes. "Brute force isn't everything you know. I wonder-"

"My apologies," a familiar voice stated simply. Both members of Team Storm gaped but the Pokémon paid no mind and continued on his way.

"Well," Dari finally stated as the Pokémon fell out of sight. "It's just our luck that we speak of the devil and he appears."

"He was pretty cool," Sunwoo pointed out with a sigh. "My mind's made up! Time to become a Team just as strong as Team Mind!"

"And Team Spirit," Dari added as the two entered the Post Office.

...

Team Flame

Name: Seungyeon

Species: Charmeleon

Item: Dodge Scarf 
(dodges any thrown items)

 

Name: Yukwon

Species: Ninetails

Item: Sneak Scarf
(won't waken sleeping Pokémon)

 

"Well look what the Meowth dragged in," the Ninetails called, smirking. "Look Seungyeon, it's Team Storm."

"No time for your idiocy this morning Yukwon," Dari stated dryly as she walked over to the Mission Board.

"What are you two losers doing here so early in the morning? What happened to your beauty sleep? Need to fix your face, right?" Seungyeon questioned lazily, a Mission in her hand.

"Sorry, but at least we can become beautiful. Can't fix what you don't have Seungyeon," Sunwoo threw back. The two Teams threw glares at each other, causing the Pokémon in between to scatter in fear. 

"Hey now, break it up," the Pelipper behind the counter called, flying between them. "Get your missions and get out! We aren't a battlefield here!"

"Yessir," Dari and Yukwon dutifully agreed, throwing one final glare at each other before the two Teams split up.

The Pelipper looked between the two Teams and sighed.

"I don't get paid enough for this," he muttered under his breath before returning to his post.