Nuzlocke Adventure: Day 01

Pokémon Journey - Discontinued

...Introduction...

As summer has begun, I have decided to embark on a new Pokémon adventure - the famed randomizer. To add on to the difficulty, I have decided to also attempt a Nuzlocke, inspired by my friends. I shall be following only the basic of rules - that a fainted Pokémon is dead, only the first in a route is catchable unless already caught upon which I have two more chances to catch a Pokémon, that in the case of a double first encounter I may choose which to catch, all of my team are to be nicknamed, and that a black/white out is game over. 

Before finally succeeding in pusuing this endeavor, I attempted a Platinum Randomizer Nuzlocke (RN) three times and was killed in the first starter battle every single time. In the first I had a Deoxys that lost to a Grovyle because Wrap was his only real damaging move. Then a Nidoran (male) that lost to a Salamence for obvious reasons. Followed, finally, by a Magby that narrowly lost to a Shieldon because I guess PRN and I just aren't meant to be. I then attempted one of HeartGold and the results are as shown below.

On another note, I refer to genderless Pokémon by a chosen gender so please do not be confused. These events are loosely based off of what actually occurs - which I do not own - with a twist of my own - which I do own.

Written upper left hand corner on cover: Property of Eve Song

...Diary Page 01...

Blank

...Diary Page 02...

If found, please return to Song's home in New Bark Town, Johto

Owner: Eve Song        
Phone Number: XXX-XXXX  
Current Gym Badges:  8  16
Current Ribbon Count:  5  10 15 20 

Favorite Pokémon: All of them    

The rest of the page is blank

 

...Diary Page 03...

Warning to the reader(s): 
If you are a stranger, please return it without disclosing its contents. 
If you are an aquaintance, please respect my privacy and do not read it.
If you happen to be Ethan Yang, do not even think about it. I still have those

If you happen to be Erik Ahn, do not read unless you want to end our relationship.
If you are none of the above, please return this and we shall negotiate which category you belong to.

Introduction: 
Before I left on my "Pokémon journey," Mother handed me a notebook and told me to write. She told me that I was destined for great things and though she is often forgetful and pushy, she is rarely wrong. Whether or not this will come true I know not. What I do know is that I only have one life and it'd be a shame to forget the things that have happened simply because I was too stubborn to write them down. Besides, any adventure with Pokémon, especially ones as precious as the ones I have and will befriend, is worth the remembrance. 

The rest of the page is dedicated to a rough sketch of Mew floating in the air, looking away at a distant point.

...Diary Page 04...

09 June 2015 - Day 01

When Mother asked me to go help out Professor Elm, I was sorely tempted to not. I suppose she had forgotten - as she is prone to do - about the busy days following my graduation and the promise she had made me for a lazy day, but Mr. Elm was a family friend, like a busy, childish uncle except he, after his family's death, seemed to be gravitating towards Mother as to replace Father (but that is a story for another time). Ethan was outside, playing with his Marill like usual, and with the normality of my daily jog around town and quick greetings to all the townspeople, I almost overlooked the stranger outside the lab.

He was slightly taller than me, most likely a few inches above Ethan, and his eyes were a focused silver, flashing against the falling light of the sun. His hair was what caught my eye - that beautiful shade of red in the sunlight - but his attitude is what turned me away and I forgot about him for some time. 

There is a sketch of the boy on the right of the above paragraph.

In the lab, Mr. Elm gave me a Pokémon - a Mew. (With the ease he had given her away, I think Mr. Elm had forgotten - which he is also prone to do - that Mews were legendary.) Naming her Genesis, I agreed to help Mr. Elm once more and visit a Mr. Pokémon to deliver a package. Leaving New Bark Town was an experience in itself since I had been born and raised in that small town and I am unafraid to admit the beauty of the outside world. There was still unpleasant things such as the rude roadblockers but things I wouldn't be able to forget with pleasure either - the natural way in which grass gave way to pavement and the little cliffs that made each walk its own little journey. 

While visiting Mr. Pokémon who simply wanted me to pass along a Mystery Egg to Mr. Elm, I also met Professor Oak - star of the Kanto region and radio show host. Mr. Oak had asked me to assist him in filling up the Pokédex and to be honest, it would be more eventful than picking up an egg so I agreed. Since Mother was earnestly allowing me to go on my own Pokémon adventure, why not accomplish something along the way? (Reminder: Mr. Elm and Mother would be spending more time together. Possible future stepfather?)

Right after picking up the Mystery Egg, Mr. Elm called frantic and in my rush to return, I bumped into the same red-haired boy from before just between Cherrygrove City and Route 29. The conversation went as follows:

...Diary Page 05...

Me: I apologize. I was in a rush. 
Stranger: (Here he opened his mouth, looked to me, then cleared his throat.) Whatever. Things like that happen, right?
Me: Not often I hope. I'm Eve, a new Pokémon trainer. (I put out my hand.)
Stranger: Erik, spelled with a "k." (Here he shook my hand, palm and fingers worn by nature and work, grip strong and confident but gentle.) I saw. A Mew, right? I'll admit that I'm impressed but that doesn't mean you're strong.
Me: Is that a challenge? 
Stranger: (He smirks, lips quirking up on his right side.) Why don't you find out?

The battle was over swiftly and we shook hands. Before parting ways - he to Cherrygrove and me to New Bark, he pressed his lips to my knuckles, chuckling when I appeared unfazed. Yet in all honesty, there had been fire he left ablaze when he left and I walked back to New Bark in a daze.

Returning to the lab was when the bubble popped, a policeman throwing the light in my face and frightening Genesis who curled around my neck in fear. It was when I gave his name and description and received confirmation that I realized that the boy who I had just encountered - like an ironic twist of destiny - was a thief rather than a prospective partner for life. It was lucky that Ethan had born witness and prevented my name from tainting; I could have kissed him. (If Ethan was heteroual, I believe that we would have been romantically involved at some previous point in time.)

Regardless, I stopped by home, promising Mother some of my earnings every battle - though I knew most would end up devoted to her new courtship with Mr. Elm rather than items for myself, but it was a sacrifice I was willing to make to see her happy. 

From there, I continued onto the next city. On the way to Cherrygrove, I befriended a new companion, a Nincada who I named Yoru after the swift shinobi I believe he will soon become. He was bashful as Genesis was, ironically, and quite the battler in spite of his initial weariness. Soon following was a quite serious Charmander named Pyro on the way to Violet City and while accidentally wandering around Dark Cave, a Dratini I named Drakaina ended up joining my team; though I put the battle simply, she had cost all of my remaining pokéballs and had a sassy nature to match. 

Finally reached Violet City, I decided the exploring could wait another day. And as I finish this entry in the PokéCenter, I end with veni, vidi, vici.

...Diary Page 06...

18 June 2015 - Day 02

I began the day with exploring Violet City, starting with PokéSchool and ending with Sprout Tower where I journeyed upwards. There, I met a Qwilfish of a timid nature who, much to my dismay, attacked Drakaina when we turned a corner and bumped into her. At first I panicked - my first poisoning - until I realized that someone had struck out at the poor Pokémon, a poison barb stuck on her fin. 

It took plenty of coaxing until I was finally able to relieve the Pokémon and by then, she was reluctant to leave my side with all the other humans - one of who undoubtedly had struck the Qwilfish in the first place - so she eagerly joined my team, receiving the name Sushi. I rushed to the PokéCenter and then returned home, gathering Apricorns along the way. I spoke to my Mother as written below:

Me: Mother, what do you know about the monks at Sprout Tower?
Mother: Aren't they the ones who were suspected of Pokémon abuse and hypocrisy two years ago? There was a huge scandal about it. Apparently they abused their Pokémon in order to make them stronger.
Me: Were they not locked away?
Mother: Well everyone tried but in the end, there wasn't proof.
Me: Which was?
Mother: They couldn't find the bodies of the Pokémon they supposedly killed and all of their other Pokémon had gotten healed from the PokéCenter and were good as new.

I visited Mr. Elm and asked him similar questions to find similar answers except one main difference.

"I visited Sprout Tower before the entire scandal and, to be honest, the charges were true," he admitted, frowning regretfully. "I was the one who reported it anonymously but...Well, you know how the story went."

From there I returned to Sprout Tower and, to be blunt, annihilated the monks there, unrelenting until the final room with the head sage. 

...Diary Page 07...

"Erik," I called out in a mix of surprise and confusion. I had not expected to see him there nor to see him defeating the very man - the head sage - I had vowed to punish. 

"Eve," he replied in greeting, his lips turned into a mix of a smirk and smile. "I'd say I'm happy to see you but I doubt you are as such." 

"You're a Pokéthief," I reminded with a touch of grief, recognizing how disappointed I had been on his true character. Whether I was reminding him or myself remained unseen.

"Sometimes we have things - terrible things - that we need to do," he stated with a chuckle. He stepped closer and I stepped backward unconsciously until I hit the large post that stood at the center of the Tower; herded. 

"You don't have to do these things. You can apologize," I reasoned, subtly dialing my Pokégear. His hand shot to mine, grabbing the Pokégear out of my hands and throwing it aside just as I hit 'Call.' 

"I don't apologize," he hissed, eyes darting around my face. There was a voice distantly answering the Pokégear and when I opened my mouth to shout, his lips were on mine.

It was a kiss. I can't call it anything else. Like the hand on my wrist, his lips were firm and demanding - dominating and experienced. His tongue, in contrast, was gentle and light, almost teasing. I don't know how long we were attached. I only know how light-headed I was when he pulled away, when the emergency operator had hung up, muttering something about prank calls. He was breathing hard and I harder. 

"Don't do this to me," he whispered, his forehead against mine. Then he jumped down from the window, utilizing an escape rope he had obviously set up before I had entered.  

That is the story of my first kiss.

...Diary Page 08...

The page is dedicated to a portrait of her entire Pokémon Team including herself resting under a tree.
There is a shadow of someone on the other side but it is unfinished and slightly erased.

...Diary Page 09...

15 July - Day 03

Today, I challenged the Gym, Pyro the star of today's battles. With the numerous number of Shedinja and their Wonder Guards, it's no wonder considering how fire is one of the few that are effective against them. Falkner was honorable and handed me the Zephyr Badge upon my victory. From there, Mr. Elm declared he had a package for me in the PokéMart and alongside the delivery man from my mother was Ethan's father. 

It was the egg, the one that I had delivered from Mr. Pokémon, which Mr. Elm requested I carry. 

It was, Mr. Yang admitted, also due to the fact that eggs hatch when traveling around cheerful Pokémon, but it was also simply because Mr. Elm "couldn't think of anyone more suited than Eve!" 

The strangest occurance today was upon leaving the PokéMart, egg in my hands. A geisha declared that the egg was special and requested I take good care of it. I had planned on doing so already but the strange glint in her eye was noteworthy. She left then and though I followed her partway, she was already gone from my vision. 

From there, I healed and prepared myself to go to Azalea Town.

There is a sketch of the egg.

...End Note / Author's Note...

Guess who changed computers since then and lost this game? Yup. This gal.But at the same time, I wanted to keep what I did write so...here you go. Last time I updated this story (or worked on it at all) was 2017. It's 2019. Thus, here's the end. I will put up my notes and such after this so the curious ones can find out my long, convoluted plot and notes. That's it. Thanks for reading up until here, I guess? Hope you were amused.