Round 07: Vs. Squirtle

Pokémon Journey - Discontinued

...Round 07: Vs. Squirtle...

Name: Lee Daehyun (Trainer) 이대현 
Age: 13
Trivia: Allergic to pollen
Badges: -

Current Pokémon Party:

Treecko (10) ♂
 Hasty Nature
Abra (8) ♀
 Modest Nature

 

-
-

 

-
-

 

Name: Jung Soojung (Coordinator) 정수정 
Age: 13
Trivia: Allergic to soda pop
Ribbons: 10

Current Pokémon Party:

Marda (25)
 Timid Nature
Cuda (24) ♀
 Relaxed Nature

 

Loda (23) 
 Gentle Nature
Toda (24) 
 Quiet Nature

 

Krida (23) 
 Lonely Nature
Spinda (25) 
 Quirky Nature

 

 

"Most boys, when they're out with a girl, they go out on dates; nice dates that involve good food and manners," Soojung hissed, glaring at the boy. "But with you, I run for my life."

"That's not my fault," Daehyun countered, frowning. He put a finger to his lips, and she reluctantly silented. The tall grass rustled and low branches snapped as people passed by them. 

"Find those brats!" a gruff voice ordered firmly. "If they warn the Frontier Brains, then our plan is moot, and when our Leader hears about it, we'll be dead! Split up!"

"Sir yes sir!" voices chorused. 

The sounds of feet moving away from their place allowed sighs of relief to escape their lips. 

"It's not my fault," Daehyun finally muttered, the two standing slowly from their hiding places. 

"Well then, your luck is terrible. How is it that we finally find the exit and overhear a plot from the same evil groupies about stealing the Battle Frontier's Pokémon? Huh? And then to make matters worse, they see us, and now they're hunting us down," Soojung pointed out as the two began darting through the trees and grass, avoiding the strange blue-dressed men.

"Look, as much as I hate our situation, I'd hate for them to catch us more. Let's go warn the Frontier Brains, and move on with our lives, ok?" Daehyun suggested, turning to her with pleading eyes. She contemplated for a minute.

"Ok," she agreed finally. "But this still ."

"That," he stated with a sigh, "I can agree on."

...

Name: Kim Yukwon (Coordinator) 김유권 
Age: 16
Trivia: Allergic to Moomoo Milk
Ribbons: 11

Current Pokémon Party:

Fera (30) ♂
 Gentle Nature
Nea (28)
 Modest Nature

 

Raya (30) 
 Brave Nature
Cara (27) 
 Impish Nature

 

-
-

 

 

"It's the final round of the Lilycove Ultra Beauty Contest!" the host declared, rousing cheers from the large crowd.

He took in a breath, barely hearing the MC announce his competitor. In fact, he barely caught the end of his own introduction and with feigned composure, he bowed to the crowd with Nea - his beautiful Finneon - bowing slightly from her place in the water. 

It had been a while since he had taken part in such a large Contest and succeeded in getting so far. He enjoyed being a Coordinator, he truly did, but there were times when he wondered if he had talent for it, especially recently; not now. He was going to win that Ribbon and climb out of his slump.

He faced his opponent carefully, surveying the Flareon before him. He took a deep breath in and released it. 

He had the type advantage. He had the judges' favor. He could do this.

"Ready? Begin!" the host shouted into the microphone and over the deafening cheer of hte crowd, he began the battle.

"Nea, Captivate!" 

...

"And we would like to congratulate the winner of today's Lilycove Ultra Beauty Contest!" the MC called out, eliciting a cheer from the crowd. "Lee Minhyuk!"

Yukwon shook hands with the winner, feeling no regret. The battle had been beautiful - very beautiful - and though he wished that he had been the winner, he recognized a loss when he saw one.

"Your Flareon was amazing," Yukwon complimented, flashing the male a smile.

"Your Finneon was just as beautiful," Minhyuk threw back, chuckling. "It was a close battle and I hope we compete again someday. You're a worthy opponent."

"Thank you," Yukwon stated politely. The two separated and after exiting the Contest Hall, Yukwon walked to the room he had rented for the night in the Pokémon Center, collapsed on the bed, and allowed a few tears of frustration to slip by. 

Again.