Round 02: Vs. Ivysaur

Pokémon Journey - Discontinued

...Round 02: Vs. Ivysaur...

Name: Choi Seungyeon (Gym-Leader-In-Training) 최승연
Age: 15
Trivia: One older sister
Badges: 08

Current Pokémon Party:

Typhlosion (63) ♂
 Brave Nature
Pikachu (60) ♀
 Hardy Nature

 

Salamence (61) ♂
 Mild Nature
Gardevoir (60) ♀
 Serious Nature

 

Arcanine (62) ♂
 Naughty Nature
Azumarill (58) ♀
 Quiet Nature

 

Name: Cha Sunwoo (Gym Leader) 차선우
Age: 16
Trivia: No siblings
Badge: Seashell Badge

Current Pokémon Party:

Tr (65) 
 Calm Nature
Daunt (57) 
 Adamant Nature

 

Zel (55) 
 Rash Nature
Dra (57) 
 Brave Nature

 

Gong (52) 
 Mild Nature
Duck (56) 
 Careful Nature

 

 

"So Sooyeon came back?" Sunwoo questioned, raising an eyebrow. "That's a bit odd. Normally you can't tear her away from her adventures."

"Which is why I'm worried and why I'm bringing your loser to check up on her," Seungyeon explained, frowning. "She was pretty shaken when she came back but she wouldn't admit it."

"Well, she probably didn't want you to worry," Sunwoo comforted. 

"Either way, don't say a word about this to her," Seungyeon ordered, dragging the boy to the door. "And if you do anything embarrassing I'm going to drown you in the nearest body of water."

"But I'm a Water-type Gym Leader," Sunwoo pointed out with a frown.

"Which is why your humiliation will be just that much more enjoyable. Now shut up," Seungyeon ordered as she opened the door. She entered, looking around. "Yo Sis! Where are you? I know you aren't sleeping anymore." 

The duo waited only for a moment before a Gardevoir appeared, an egg in her arms.

"Hey Voir," Seungyeon greeted. 

...

Name: Choi Sooyeon (Gym Leader) 최수연
Age: 16
Trivia: One younger sister
Badge: Rainbow Badge

Current Pokémon Party:

Ryn (62) 
 Docile Nature
Do (60) 
 Quirky Nature

 

Ven (60) ♀
 Mild Nature
-

 

-
-

 

Name: Kim Myungsoo (Trainer) 김명수
Age: 15
Trivia: No siblings
Badges: 09

Current Pokémon Party:

Blaziken (57) 
 Hardy Nature
Ninetails (55) 
 Calm Nature

 

Gyarados (52) 
 Quiet Nature
Scizor (54) 
 Gentle Nature

 

Hitmontop (52) 
 Modest Nature
Garchomp (56) 
 Relaxed Nature

 

 

The male and female followed the Pokémon to one of the many side rooms, finding themselves in the largest battlefield - the one that was for Challengers to enter when the Gym was actually open. Seungyeon looked around, immediately spotting her sister and her Pokémon on one side of the Gym while the other held a handsome but arrogant male, surrounded by his own Pokémon. 

"Who's this kid?" Sunwoo questioned, jabbing a thumb at the male across the room.

"He's good-looking," Seungyeon commented. Sunwoo stared at her but Seungyeon merely shrugged in response.

"Seungyeon, Sunwoo, this is the Challenger Kim Myungsoo," Sooyeon introduced with a small smile. "Mind refereeing?"

"Sure I will," Seungyeon agreed with a chuckle. She turned to Sunwoo, eyes shining like a child at a candy store. "Come on Sunwoo. This'll be good."

The duo took their place as Sooyeon and Myungsoo prepared themselves.

"Why will this be good?" Sunwoo questioned, frowning. "Sooyeon's going to kill the boy."

"That's why," Seungyeon pointed out, rolling her eyes. "Because somehow or another, he pissed her off."

She turned to the battlers.

"Ready! Then battle start!"

Choi Sooyeon vs. Kim Myungsoo

Myungsoo sent out his Blaziken, Scizor, and Hitmontop at once as Sooyeon sent out her Porygon2 (Ryn; rhymes with fin), Ditto (Do; pronounced as, female deer, doe), and Vespiquen (Ven).

"Ryn, Magnet Rise and Agility. Ven, Defend Order and Toxic," Sooyeon called immediately. Her Porygon2 immediately moved to obey, lifting off of the ground as her Ditto climbed on top of Ryn knowingly. Ven summoned her minions to protect them while Ven herself spat Poison at her opponents.

"Blaziken, Scizor, Hitmontop, Quick Attack," Myungsoo ordered just as quickly. His Pokémon flashed into action; Blaziken slid behind Ven and attacked, catching her off-guard from behind, but became Poisoned in return. Meanwhile, Hitmontop and Scizor coordinated their attacks to hit Ryn but while Scizor could fly to reach Ryn, neither could keep up with her Agility.

"Ryn Signal Beam. Ven Captivate. Do Transform," Sooyeon shouted.

"Blaziken Double Kick. Scizor X-Scissor. Hitmontop Agility," Myungsoo yelled at the same time.

Ryn shot a strange beam at Scizor who took the attack with his claws, causing it to split apart in a flurry of color away from him. Scizor sped closer, slashing at Ryn with his claws. At the same time, Hitmontop dodged the flying beam, drawing closer to Ryn and Do but Do Transformed into a Hitmontop of the exact likeness except strangely pink instead of blue. Meanwhile, Blaziken struck out at Ven twice but the Queen Bug dodged, instead throwing a flurry of hearts that hit the Fire-type Pokémon. Blaziken stepped back, scowling. 

"Ryn Agility then Psybeam. Do Rapid Spin and Agility. Ven Confuse Ray," Sooyeon called out calmly.

"Blaziken Sand-Attack. Hitmontop Rolling Kick. Scizor Metal Claw," Myungsoo ordered, his voice raising in volume. 

Ven used Confuse Ray, the flash of light Confusing the Poisoned Blaziken, then moved, switching places crylessly with Ryn as Blaziken fought for control of his own actions. Do dodged Hitmontop's Rolling Kick, meanwhile, with Agility and placed his own attacks in with Rapid Spin. Scizor readied his Metal Claw for Ryn who dodged and switched with Ven. Ryn used Psybeam on Blaziken just as Ven used Confuse Ray once more, Confusing the Pokémon. 

"Snap out of it!" Myungsoo shouted, frowning. Sweat lined his brow. "Blaziken Blaze Kick. Hitmontop Close Combat. Scizor False Swipe."

"Ven Heal Order then Attack Order. Do Revenge. Ryn Discharge pass your Sitrus Berry to Do after," Sooyeon commanded. Sol nudged her leg and she petted him absent-mindedly.

Blaziken moved to attack Ven who was healing but fainted dead away just a few inches before the Queen Bee Pokémon. Meanwhile, Do took on Hitmontop's Close Combat only to return the attack with Revenge, knocking Hitmontop to the ground. At the same time, Scizor aimed to attack Ven only to receive her followers' attacks to the face, blinding him just long enough for Ryn to appear and shock him, Paralyzing him and sending him flying. Leisurely, Ryn passed Do the Sitrus Berry and Do returned to its original blue form before eating. 

"Blaziken! Scizor! Hitmontop! Get up! Quick Attack! All of you! Don't be spoiled!" he shouted just as Seungyeon's voice cut through.

"Ok ok. The Challenger's first three Pokémon are unable to battle. Send out your next three," Seungyeon ordered, clapping her hands. 

"They can still fight!" Myungsoo shouted, turning angrily to the female.

"They can and will, but what kind of a Trainer are you to allow them to do so?" Sooyeon questioned, her clear voice cutting across the battlefield. She waved a hand around her, gesturing to his Pokémon. "Blaziken is both Confused and Poisoned, badly. Hitmontop has taken a large amount of damage from Do's Revenge and Scizor is both Confused and Paralyzed. All three are low on HP and I have not seen you once reach for a Berry or other item to assist them. Using items is the basics of being a Pokémon Trainer and even if low on supplies, you should also know when to throw in the towel. Bring out your next three. Let's see if you can reclaim your lost pride."

Myungsoo scowled, reluctantly recalling his Pokémon beside him.

"Blaziken, Hitmontop, Scizor, return," he reluctantly stated. He turned to the other half of his Team. "Ninetails, Gyarados, Garchomp, win it."

Sooyeon tossed Sitrus Berries to each of her Pokémon.

"Ven, Ryn, Do, good job. One more battle," she encouraged, smiling.

The six Pokémon stared each other down as Seungyeon looked between both battlers before smirking.

"Alright then! Battle start!"

"Ven Defend Order. Ryn Lock-On. Do Transform," Sooyeon ordered immediately.

"Ninetails Fire Spin! Gyarados Bite! Garchomp Dig!" Myungsoo shouted at the same time.

The Pokémon jumped to action, Sooyeon's Vespiquen summoning her defending minions while Ryn locked onto Garchomp and Do transformed into a red version of Gyarados. Ninetails attacked immediately, hitting Vespiquen while Gyarados bit the transformed Do as Garchomp dug into the battlefield. 

"Yes," Myungsoo cheered under his breath. "Ninetails now Flamethrower and Confuse Ray! Gyarados Leer then Bite once more! Garchomp attack and Crunch!"

"Ven Heal Order and Swagger. Ryn Agility then Tri Attack. Do Leer then Ice Fang," Sooyeon commanded. 

Her Vespiquen barely passed by the Flamethrower as her minions helped her recover. Looking straight at the Fire-type Pokémon, Ven enraged and Confused the Fox Pokémon that hurt herself in her Confusion. Meanwhile, Ryn dodged Garchomp's Dig attack and fired a three-color beam at the Pokémon, stopping Garchomp from biting it. At the same time, both Gayardos and Do used Leer at once, lowering both of their Defenses and aiming to bite each other. Do crashed its tail at Gyarados's face, taking advantage of the momentary shock to bite the Gyarados, leaving ice shards in its wake. 

"Ninetails Confuse Ray! Garchomp Dragon Claw! Gyarados Hyper Beam!" Myungsoo called, louder than before.

"Ven return. Ryn Recycle then Recover. Do Twister," Sooyeon ordered, eyes calculating. 

Ven flew to her master's side, finally resting and standing patiently beside the female, still somehow regal in its defeat. Ninetails thus lost her target, though she avoided hurting herself in her Confusion. Meanwhile, Ryn Recycled its Sitrus Berry and ate it once more just in time to take Garchomp's Dragon Claw. Ryn then used Recover, ducking behind Do who dodged Gyarados's Hyper Beam by a hair and used Twister, damaging all opponents on the field and sending dust flying throughout the battlefield.

"Ninetails Extrasensory! Garchomp Dragon Rage!" Myungsoo shouted, allowing his Gyarados to recharge. 

"Do Twister once more. Ryn Psybeam," Sooyeon instructed just as quickly.

Ninetail's eyes glowed red as she used Extrasensory while Garchomp used Dragon Rage, the two attacks combining against Do's Twister and Ryn's Psybeam. The two attacks met in the middle, resulting in a large explosion that covered the battlefield. Myungsoo and Sunwoo both held up their arms in response to the flying dust and debris while Sooyeon and Seungyeon looked on unfazed. 

The dust settled.

"Gym Leader Sooyeon wins. Sorry too bad. Maybe next time Challenger," Seungyeon announced at the blue Gyarados, Garchomp, and Ninetails lay defeated on the ground. Myungsoo ran immediately to his Pokémon, checking their statuses.

"You guys did good," he complimented, the brief flash of a sorrowful smile passing his face.

"Not bad," Sooyeon noted, raising an eyebrow as her Lucario put an arm around her waist and leaped across the field. "It was a close battle."

Lu released her in front of the male. She held out a hand in sportsmanship. Myungsoo stared at her for a moment before relenting and taking it.

"Not close enough for my tastes," Myungsoo retorted, rolling his eyes. 

"Let's heal all of our Pokémon now," Sooyeon offered, smiling slightly. 

"No thanks. I'll go to the Pokémon Center," Myungsoo denied, frowning at his hurt pride. Sooyeon smiled once more but this one Myungsoo recognized; it was the smile she had before they had battled - one that did not convey happiness but irritation he somehow realized.

"Let me rephrase. You will stay while your Pokémon heal today, yes?" Sooyeon repeated, her question sounding much more like an order. 

"Hey Sis! What was with that battle? You chose your weakest three," Seungyeon pointed out, walking over from the referee's stand. "If you were so irritated you should have killed him with your strongest."

"Sometimes the worst defeat is not the most thorough one," Sooyeon advised, turning to the female. "Sunwoo, what spurred the surprise visit?"

"Just wanted to check up on my fellow Gym Leader," Sunwoo excused, smiling childishly. "So, interesting battle. Heard you cut your adventure short recently."

"Let us discuss that later," Sooyeon gently redirected. She turned back to Myungsoo. "Follow me with your Pokémon. If you need help, just ask."

She moved only a few steps when Myungsoo caught her by the wrist. She turned to him.

"Is something the matter?" she questioned, tilting her head in confusion. Myungsoo laughed, softly at first but progressively louder until it echoed across the room. His own Pokémon stared from their places. 

"You know, you're interesting," Myungsoo stated, staring at her. 

"So you say. Any other comments or concerns?" Sooyeon asked, looking at him directly in return. He appraised her for a moment before chuckling once more.

"You know what? I like you. Let's date," Myungsoo declared, smirking. Seungyeon and Sunwoo gaped for a moment. "It's mutually beneficial. You're a Gym Leader and I'm a Hoenn Conqueror, a very good-looking one at that. We can train together every day."

"No thanks. I dislike superficial relationships," Sooyeon declined immediately. Seungyeon snickered at her answer while Myungsoo's smirk grew. "Let's get your Pokémon healed now. They've worked hard."

"You're interesting," Myungsoo repeated.

"So you've said. Your Pokémon?" Sooyeon pointed out. Myungsoo stepped closer, bringing his face down to her eye level.

"You seriously don't feel anything?" he questioned, sounding strangely curious. 

"How's my pulse?" Sooyeon inquired in return, holding up her wrist. 

"Steady," Myungsoo answered. He straightened up. "I've decided. You'll be mine."

"Declined," Sooyeon blandly declined once more. She pulled her wrist from his grip, walking to his Pokémon. "Come this way. Let's get you all healed up."

"My sister is more interested in your Pokémon than you," Seungyeon taunted with a snicker, walking passed the male and going after her sister with Myungsoo's Pokémon and her own. 

"Good luck man," Sunwoo added, patting Myungsoo on the shoulder. Myungsoo's expression flickered, a genuine smile flashing across his face, before he caught up to the others. 

"This is going to be entertaining," Seungyeon summarized with a smirk as Myungsoo placed a casual arm around Sooyeon and was promptly ignored.