Round 03: Vs. Venusaur

Pokémon Journey - Discontinued

...Round 03: Vs. Venusaur...

Name: Lee Daehyun (Trainer) 이대현 
Age: 13
Trivia: One older sister
Badges: -

Current Pokémon Party:

Treecko (7) ♂
 Hasty Nature
Abra (5) ♀
 Modest Nature

 

-
-

 

-
-

 

Name: Jung Soojung (Coordinator) 정수정 
Age: 13
Trivia: One older sister
Ribbons: 10

Current Pokémon Party:

Marda (25)
 Timid Nature
Cuda (24) ♀
 Relaxed Nature

 

Loda (23) 
 Gentle Nature
Toda (24) 
 Quiet Nature

 

Krida (23) 
 Lonely Nature
Spinda (25) 
 Quirky Nature

 

 

"Just where are you headed anyway?" Soojung questioned, throwing a quick glance at Daehyun before looking away as she walked.

"Lilycove," Daehyun answered with a smile as he caught up with her. "I want to check out the Lilycove Museum."

"Since when have you appreciated the fine arts?" Soojung questioned, chuckling. "From what I remember even Contests were a waste of time for you."

"I'm not good at making my Pokémon look smart or cute or whatever," Daehyun excused shortly.

"No one starts out good," Soojung pointed out with a roll of her eyes. She punched his shoulder. "It's like battles too you know. No one starts out a good trainer. It takes training."

"Anyway, where are you headed?" Daehyun questioned, redirecting the conversation as he rubbed his bruising wound. 

"Same place. That's where the biggest Contests are," Soojung justified seeing his amused gaze. "More importantly, why are you going to the Lilycove Museum? You never answered it."

"..." Daehyun stayed silent for a moment and shoved his hands in his pockets before finally speaking. "A photo of my sister is up there apparently."

"You mean that sister? Why is it hung there?" Soojung questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Some Kanto photographer took it is all. I just want to see if it really is there. Probably about it if it is," Daehyun commented off-handedly. He shrugged unsurely as the two walked down the path, ducking under tree branches and stepping over tree roots. "Besides, it'd be nice to just see her I suppose."

"I understand. My sister's never around either," Soojung empathized. She sighed. "She's always so busy up at her place in Sinnoh. Wish she'd come by for a visit some time."

"What's she do?" Daehyun asked politely. The two were childhood friends but there was still so little they knew about each other; it was a pity.

"It's nothing I like to throw around," Soojung excused immediately. She paused before speaking once more. "She's a Gym Leader. It is a good job but I wish she had chosen to stay in Hoenn at the very least."

"Why didn't she? What's up there that isn't down here?" Daehyun questioned, frowning. "It's beautiful here."

"But it doesn't snow," Soojung stated simply. "She's an Ice-type Gym Leader and she loves the cold. She always complains about the heat here."

"Still," Daehyun insisted, staring at the girl. "This place is home."

"She still visits," Soojung justified, rolling her eyes. "It's nothing big. She has something she likes to do and that's good enough for me. More importantly-"

Her eyes widened as she looked around. She glared at him, startling him.

"Do you know where we are?" she questioned, making him stop in his tracks.

"Of course," Daehyun retorted immediately. "We're in the Petalburg Woods."

"Where in the Petalburg Woods?" Soojung asked forcefully. 

"In the middle...?" Daehyun answered, rubbing his head. "What's the big deal? We'll just wander around. That's what I always do when I get lost."

"You idiot! You can't rely on wandering all the time!" Soojung argued. 

"Well then why'd you follow me?" Daehyun threw back, rolling his eyes. "You're the bigger idiot then."

"I trusted you, idiot!" Soojung shouted, shoving him. "Great. Now what are we going to do? And you better not say wander!"

"Then you do whatever Soojung. I'm doing things my way. Don't worry too much about it," Daehyun stated, walking away.

"Daehyun! Idiot! Don't walk away from a girl!" Soojung called out, speed walking to catch up.

"Sorry. I don't see a girl around here," Daehyun teased, shrugging jokingly. 

"Daehyun," Soojung warned, eyes narrowing. He held his hands up in mock surrender.

"Alright alright. But I'm serious. I'm wandering. If you're coming, hurry up," Daehyun stated, waiting for half a minute as she caught up. "Besides, what's the worst that can happen? A night out in nature isn't so bad, right?"

"But you're a boy," Soojung pointed out.

"But you're not a girl," Daehyun retorted.

"Idiot!" Soojung insulted, punching the male in the shoulder. "Freeze out here then."

She stormed off, leaving Daehyun behind. He sighed before running to catch her. He caught her by the arm a few yards ahead.

"Alright I'm sorry Soojung. You-"

"Sh!" Soojung shushed, putting a hand over his mouth. He shoved it away.

"What gives? I'm trying to apologize and you-"

"Sh!" Soojung quieted once more, putting a finger to her lips. She pointed out into one of the clearings of the forest. "Look."

"Did you hear something?" a male questioned another. The two males were dressed in a blue outfit with a strange symbol on the front in white. In their hands was an odd machine that they were assembling.

"It's the Petalburg Woods," the other pointed out, rolling his eyes as he checked over the instruction paper. "It's never quiet. It's teeming with wild Pokémon."

"So why are we here?" the first questioned, frowning as he straightened up and stretched. "Boss didn't specify."

"He did specify," the second retorted while double-checking the machine. "You were asleep. We're stealing all the Shroomish here remember? That crazy scientist or whatever wants to harness their spores for new inventions."

"Poor Shroomish. That scientist is nuts," the first commented, eyes locking onto Daehyun's. "Hey! Intruders!"

The second turned to the duo hiding quickly, face turned into a scowl.

"They're just a bunch of kids. Come on. Let's beat 'em," he pointed out. 

"I'm game," the first agreed, smirking.

"Kidnapping Pokémon for experimentation is illegal," Daehyun commented dryly. He turned to Soojung, holding out a pokéball. "Do me the honors of a Double Battle?"

"Just to beat their butts," Soojung acquiesced, pulling out a pokéball. The two grunts looked at the duo, smirking.

"Hope you're prepared brats!" the second called out.

"Get ready," the first added.

Jung Soojung + Lee Daehyun vs. Grunt1 + Grunt2

"Show off your power, Cuda!" Soojung shouted, throwing her pokéball and releasing a Cubone in a beam of light.

"Let's move, Treecko!" Daehyun called out at the same time, revealing his trusty green Pokémon. 

"Go Duskull!" Grunt1 ordered with determination.

"Beat these brats Seviper!" Grunt2 commanded, smirking.

"Treecko Pound," Daehyun immediately called out, pointing at the machine. 

"Cuda Boneclub," Soojung shouted at the same time. "Cover for Treecko!"

"Duskull Confuse Ray," Grunt1 ordered hastily.

"Seviper Wrap," Grunt2 commanded swiftly. 

The green Pokémon leapt into action, climbing a nearby tree and jumping to the other side of the opponents. Both Duskull and Seviper reached for Treecko but Soojung's Cubone wasted no time, smashing Duskull on the head with her club and stopping the Pokémon's attack. However, Grunt2's Seviper was able to Wrap her tail around Cuda in return. Meanwhile, Treecko smashed his tail into the machine, partially destroying it, causing it to beep loudly.

"Do you know how long it took us to put that together?!" Grunt1 shouted indignantly. "Duskull Night Shade!"

"Seviper Bite," Grunt2 ordered with equal fury.

"Treecko Absorb," Daehyun called out.

"Cuda Leer then Headbutt," Soojung calmly commanded.

Duskull aimed his attack at Treecko but the green Pokémon ducked behind a tree and climbed it as the Duskull looked around searching for Treecko. The green Pokémon leapt from the tree, launching a surprise attack and absorbing HP of the opponent. Meanwhile, Seviper hissed and opened to Bite Cuda but caught the Leer in Cuda's eyes and received a hard hit to her jaw instead. The Seviper released the small Pokémon and fainted.

"Seviper!" Grunt2 shouted hysterically, calling back the Pokémon. 

"Your type match-up was terrible," Soojung commented off-handedly. "Cuda back-up Treecko with Bonemerang."

"Treecko Pound the machine then," Daehyun ordered, smiling. He turned to Soojung. "I have faith that the battle will end soon."

"Of course it will," Soojung snorted. She flicked her hair jokingly. "It's my Pokémon."

"Ugh," Grunt1 noticed, glancing between the two Pokémon. "Duskull dodge and Night Shade once more!"

Treecko headed for the machine, aiming to Pound it. Meanwhile, Cuda threw her bone and hit the Duskull readying his Night Shade attack, knocking the Pokémon out. Treecko successfully destroyed the machine that beeped one more time before sparking and letting out smoke.

Grunt1 winced then retrieved his Duskull.

"You haven't seen the last of us you brats," Grunt2 shouted, grabbing his partner and fleeing. 

"I had hoped not to see your ugly face again," Soojung muttered, rolling her eyes. She and Daehyun looked at the machine left behind. 

"What is this thing?" she questioned, crouching and picking it up. 

"Whatever it is, it probably isn't safe. We should send it over to Professor Jung later," Daehyun commented, frowning.

"Not going to argue with that," Soojung agreed, nodding. "Come on. Let's get out of here. Don't want to meet their back-up if there is any."

"Why not? We could beat their butts again," Daehyun pointed out, grinning.

"You mean I would. You would just dodge and destroy machines again," Soojung retorted.

"Would not!" Daehyun threw back.

"Would too."

"Would not."

"Would too."

"Would too."

"See? You agree," Soojung stated, not falling for Daehyun's trick.

"Don't be jealous because I stole the spotlight," Daehyun teased. Soojung rolled her eyes.

"You are incorrigible," she complained as the two walked. "Where is the exit anyways?"

"..."

"Daehyun you idiot!"

...

Name: Kim Yukwon (Coordinator) 김유권 
Age: 16
Trivia: No siblings
Ribbons: 11

Current Pokémon Party:

Fera (30) ♂
 Gentle Nature
Nea (28)
 Modest Nature

 

Raya (30) 
 Brave Nature
Cara (27) 
 Impish Nature

 

-
-

 

 

"What in the world?" he muttered to himself. He had been walking in a straight path for the past few hours but no road to be seen. How much longer would it ta-

His thoughts were interrupted as he tripped over a root and fell down a hillside. 

"Ouch," he groaned, rubbing his side. He looked around. Faintly, he could see some lights at the bottom of the hill. "Yes!"

He rushed ahead. Finally he could get out of the wild...and take a bath. A nice, warm bath.