Round 06: Vs. Charizard

Pokémon Journey - Discontinued

...Round 05: Vs. Charizard...

Name: Choi Sooyeon (Gym Leader) 최수연
Age: 16
Trivia: Allergic to certain berries
Badge: Rainbow Badge

Current Pokémon Party:

Sol (65) 
 Lonely Nature
Lu (70) 
 Serious Nature

 

Mi (68) ♀
 Calm Nature
Ryn (62)
 Docile Nature

 

Meg (67) 
 Relaxed Nature
-

 

Name: Kim Myungsoo (Trainer) 김명수
Age: 15
Trivia: Allergic to nothing
Badges: 09

Current Pokémon Party:

Blaziken (57) 
 Hardy Nature
Ninetails (55) 
 Calm Nature

 

Gyarados (52) 
 Quiet Nature
Scizor (54) 
 Gentle Nature

 

Hitmontop (52) 
 Modest Nature
Garchomp (56) 
 Relaxed Nature

 

 

Her feet moved quickly over the land, familiar with its every pebble and root. His feet trailed after her more cautiously but just as quickly, intent on keeping up with her. She paused and so did he. 

"Are you following me?" she questioned neutrally, turning to her pursuer. 

"Yes," he answered shortly. She stared at him strangely, her expression unreadable before sighing and turning around. 

"Walk beside me at the very least," she requested, feeling - though not seeing - the smirk on his face as he caught up. She began walking once more, deciding it was fine that she hadn't mentioned it was because he was making her paranoid with his loud footsteps. 

...

Name: Choi Seungyeon (Gym-Leader-In-Training) 최승연
Age: 15
Trivia: Allergic to pink apricorns
Badges: 8

Current Pokémon Party:

Typhlosion (63) ♂
 Brave Nature
Pikachu (60) ♀
 Hardy Nature

 

Salamence (61) ♂
 Mild Nature
Gardevoir (60) ♀
 Serious Nature

 

Arcanine (62) ♂
 Naughty Nature
Azumarill (58) ♀
 Quiet Nature

 

Name: Cha Sunwoo (Gym Leader) 차선우
Age: 16
Trivia: Allergic to nothing
Badge: Seashell Badge

Current Pokémon Party:

Tr (65) 
 Calm Nature
Daunt (57) 
 Adamant Nature

 

Zel (55) 
 Rash Nature
Dra (57) 
 Brave Nature

 

Gong (52) 
 Mild Nature
Duck (56) 
 Careful Nature

 

 

"I can't believe she already left!" she grumbled, brows slammed over her eyes. "She just got better!"

"Well it could have been worse," he pointed out, chuckling lightly as she continued to pace furiously back and forth. 

"How so?" she snapped, pausing in her movement. 

"She has her Pokémon with her at the very least," he reminded. "And that challenger. What's the worse that can happen?"

"Lots," she snapped, frowning. She huffed before continuing her pacing. 

"As much as I enjoy calming you down and acting as your punching bag, duty calls," he declared, giving her the boyish grin she had grown accustomed to. 

She waved him off without looking back and he headed for his destination with purpose: Poképoaching was illegal for a reason. 

...

"What a bore," he mused aloud, sitting on top of a pile of now-captured Poképoachers with his trusty partner Duck (a Golduck) beside him. He picked up a fallen ID, flipping open the cover. His jaw dropped involuntarily. 

"Team Magma?" he read breathlessly, eyes widening. His hand shook slightly but he steadied it, taking a deep breath. A sound caught his attention and he turned to it instinctively, stepping in front of his Pokémon. 

Seconds ticked by before he finally relaxed hesitantly. 

"Return, Duck," he ordered softly, holding out the pokéball but instead, dropping a small pill-shaped object onto the ground. It gave off a flash of red light and blocking Duck from view, he slid the blue Pokémon the ID and pushed Duck behind a large machine. He tucked the pokéball, secretly empty, back into its place and turned around.

Barely, he registered the vine flying his way before it made contact. Pain slammed into him and black spots danced across his vision. He was somehow still conscious enough to recognize the attack that had thrown him off of his feet and into the wall - Power Whip - and he pulled himself to his feet quickly.

Automatically his hand reached for his pokéballs as he moved to the side, assessing his injuries - a broken rib? two possibly? - but the same vines appeared from the shadows once more, trapping his arms by his sides and placing enough pressure on his tender rib(s) to leave him gasping for breath. 

"Well look who we have here," a somehow familiar voice called, its mocking tone sending a spark of indignation through the Gym Leader's body. The voice continued and a masked figure stepped into the light with a...green Tangrowth. (Yes; his eyes weren't lying to him, a green Tangrowth.) "When I heard we had a cat causing trouble in our holes, I never expected a Gym Leader, especially one so...famous." 

"Who are you?" he spat, biting down a yelp when the Tangrowth increased the pressure on his ribs. The stranger laughed. 

"Where are my manners? Gym Leader Sunwoo," the male addressed. "I am...the leader of Team Magma."

"You guys were shut down years ago when-" Sunwoo couldn't help the hiss of pain when another vine slapped his face - weaker than before but still strong, Vine Whip. 

"You ignorant baffoon," the man sniffed, making grand gestures. "Of course you assumed so. It was all part of our plans. We simply went underground. Your recent actions, however, have been throwing a wrench in our plans. I'm afraid you'll have to come with me."

"My fellow Gym Leaders will find me," Sunwoo promised. 

"I'm sure they will," the leader stated with a chuckle. He placed a hand on his strangely-colored Tangrowth. "Sleep Powder." 

Before Sunwoo could protest, a stream of powder (green, like the Tangrowth) rushed towards him and his eyes fought a losing battle. He saw the space where Duck had been was now empty, the window's lock broken. Then he knew no more.

...

She continued pacing, noticing she was absentmindedly chewing on her thumbnail. She pulled her hand out of , clenching it into fists beside her. She was not, by nature, a patient person and though logically she knew that her sister was fine, she couldn't get the pale, shaken look on her sister's face out of her mind. 

There was a distinct crash in the back of the Gym and eyes flashing in that direction, she threw a pokéball into the air.

"Kill it, Gardevoir," she mumbled out of habit. She gestured towards the back and her Pokémon understood immediately, getting into a battle stance, eyes fixed on a still-invisible target.

"Imprison," she instructed, her Gardevoir's eyes glowing as a Pokémon's cry reached her ears. She rushed around the corner, eyes catching immediately on the intruder.

"Duck?" she recognized, waving her hand towards her Gardevoir. Gardevoir released the blue Pokémon from the attack - a red cage-shaped psychic attack. Duck rushed to Seungyeon immediately, shoving something into her hands.

"Calm down," she snapped, eyes taking in his injuries as she looked to the object - an ID of some sorts. Her eyes widened. Team Magma? She knew that Sunwoo had been working to shut down a few rings of Poképoaching in the area - those circles always seemed to crop up everywhere - but to have run into Team Magma? There was-

"No way," she breathed, feeling as though the air had been from her lungs. A thought occurred to her and she turned to Duck with urgency.

"Where's Sunwoo?" she demanded, feeling her stomach drop when Duck began to pull her out of the Gym. 

Shoot. 

Shoot. Shoot. Shoot

"A minute," she told Duck, pulling away. She grabbed her basic traveling pack and wrote a quick note - Saving Sunwoo's . Brb -Seungyeon - for her sister in case she returned. She shut the doors to the Gym, making sure the sign was turned to "Away" before turning back to Duck. She pulled out a Moomoo Milk - something Sooyeon always forced her to pack - and allowed Duck to drink the whole bottle; already, he looked healthier than before.

"Lead me," she demanded, worry filling her head as Duck began his trek out of the Gym. She closed to door lifted a quick threat before following Duck. "Sunwoo, if you are dead, so help me, I am reviving you to murder you again for being so idiotic."