09

Unravelled

Finally, all six of you are back in Jongin's place after Chanyeol paid, announcing that it's his treat. You doff the huge jacket though you didn't really want to part with it. But the boys didn't want you sweating to death. Like it will happen anyway.

You return back to the kitchen after hanging up Jongin's jacket for him and at the same time packing up his messy room. You have your hair in a ponytail now. All eyes look up from their work when you enter and they smile at you. Creepy.

"You look like you just came out of my room after having good ," Jongin leans back against the counter, smirking at you. "With me."

You scoff, effectively ignoring him as you make your way to Sehun. You stand close to him and ask him if he needs help. The youngest boy grins at you and nods his head, giving you some carrots to peel.

"He has the easiest job!" Jongdae whines, pointing at Sehun. "Why are you helping him when I have lettuce to wash and meat to cut?!"

"'Cause you're whining," you look at him seriously.

When you see his frustration starts building up, you quickly finish your carrot peeling job to help him out. He has been helping you a lot, anyway. He looks at you like you're his angel sent from heaven and you roll your eyes at him. You help him wash the lettuce while he cuts the meat. Chanyeol is talking non-stop and he isn't doing any work.

"I paid, so you guys do the work," he had explained the mechanics of how things go around here the moment he entered the home. So he flutters around the kitchen, butting in to everyone's little conversations and basically just being a brat.

After you are done with the lettuce, you ask Jongdae for more but he didn't want you to do anymore though he has a lot on his hands. But you aren't complaining because you're tired being in the kitchen already. You walk out of the kitchen and into the living room, plopping yourself on the couch. You heave a great sigh.

"Too much work for our princess?" Jongin snickers.

"Shut your trap, Kim Kai," you spit his name while sending him a glare.

"That's not fair," Baekhyun clucks his tongue. "Cupcake, c'mere!" He yells for you, beckoning you into the stuffy kitchen again.

You groan, pushing yourself tiredly from the couch and trudge your way to him. You lean on the counter, watching Baekhyun's expert hands cut the spring onions. He slightly flicks his head to the side, effectively clearing his bangs from his eyes.

"Will you please stop staring at me—I know I'm hot, you don't have to make it that obvious—and help out around here?" Baekhyun gives you an irritated glance.

"You haven't given me anything to do!" You yell back. "How am I supposed help when I don't know how to?"

Sehun obnoxiously yaps, "Yah, stop being spoilt and stop yelling! We're talking about very serious stuff here." He turns back and starts talking to Jongin and Jongdae about a penny he found on the ground.

You roll your eyes at him, throwing invisible punches to his back. When you are satisfied, you turn back to see Baekhyun looking at you in amusement with his lip slightly quirked up. He has stopped cutting the onion. You pink a little and he smiles fondly.

"You can sit here and help by talking to me," winks the boy. "No one—"

"Dude, you really can't see a 1.8m giant sitting next to you looking really out of place on the tabletop?!" Chanyeol groans, twisting the shorter male's ear.

"You talk nonsense," Baekhyun mumbles, rubbing his red ear while cringing. You shake your head at their childishness and he pleads you with his eyes, "Please? Or I will be tortured by the giant."

You laugh, nodding your head. Even though it's been a long time since the first time you met the boys, they are still treating your laughter like the music of enchanting mermaids. All five of them pause for a moment, letting your beautiful laughter fill their ears and their minds.

You climb up next to Chanyeol, closer to Baekhyun. Chanyeol starts massaging your shoulders and you feel relaxed, closing your eyes. This guy is strong but he knows how and when to use his strength and you think he might want to consider becoming a masseuse in the future.

"Hey, babe," Baekhyun calls out to you and you open your eyes. "Could you get me the—" He points to something to your side and you extend your hand out to guess which. "—No, the one beside it. On the other side. Behind. Yeah, thanks."

He takes the sauce from your hand and starts marinating the meat. You watch him for a while before getting really frustrated with his bangs that he keeps flicking. 

"You needa cut your hair," you chastise as you comb your hand through his soft brown hair, pushing his bangs to the side.

"Ah, but it's pretty," Chanyeol contemplates and voices his opinion.

"Well, it's a pain for me to see him flicking it all the time," you make a farting noise with your mouth, your hand still brushing his hair away from his eyes.

"You cut it for me then," Baekhyun retorts and you stop your hand halfway through his hair. You push his head roughly and drop your hand. "What?!"

"You cut it yourself!"

"You are the one who wants my hair short!" Argues the male. "I like it like that!"

You turn to look at Chanyeol and he twists his lips, making just one side of his dimple show. "Sorry cupcake, I like his hair like that too."

"Fine, I'll cut it later," you mumble, crossing your arms stubbornly.

You purse your lips and Baekhyun lifts an eyebrow. Chanyeol, on the other hand, forces your arms uncross and holds one of your hand in his big one. You want to pull away but he is holding onto your hand tightly on his lap and drawing comforting circles with his thumb.

"Aww, kitten, don't get mad," Baekhyun juts his low lip out a little, his eyebrows meeting. He carries the bowl of marinated meat and set it on your lap so that he is standing right in front of you. Luckily, the bowl is clean so you don't really mind it on your skin. "It's just that guys prefer longer hair, we're not opposing you on purpose."

You sigh, "You look good, that I admit. But I also see that it's annoying you a lot..." As if to prove your point, Baekhyun flicks his bangs again. "See?" You sigh again, withdrawing your hand from Chanyeol and using both your hands to hold up Baekhyun's hair.

"Okay, okay," Baekhyun makes a face. "You can cut it later, after I'm done." He looks down at the meat as he starts mixing again while you are still holding up his hair. "Like right now!" He looks up at you and beams.

You let go of his hair and pat it back to place while he brings the bowl away to the side to let it set. He starts washing his hands and you just watch him do his thing. Chanyeol has already joined the other group, now talking about toilet papers...

Baekhyun wipes his wet hands on his jeans and grabs your hand, pulling you down from the counter. You hop off gracefully and Baekhyun drags you to the living room, setting you there for the time being. He runs off to Jongin's room, probably getting scissors. You get an old newspaper and lay the floor with it, then bringing a chair to put it in the middle of the layout. Baekhyun comes back with a pair of scissors and garbage bag. He cuts holes for his head and arms before wearing them. Oh.

You grin at the sight of Baekhyun cutely dressed in a black garbage bag. Quickly, you take a picture with your phone and the boy lunges at you. He almost trips on the bag, dangerously almost flying to you. You manage to hold him up before the both of you fall to the ground. He reddens but you don't want make him feel awkward.

Even though his head is resting on your chest and his hands holding your hips, you bring your phone to his eye level, your arm around his neck to feel comfortable.

"Look, you look so cute!" You almost squeal. "It's like an extremely horrible Halloween costume but you're still wearing because your mother thinks it's so cute!"

The boy shakes his head, chuckling at your reaction. You uncoil your arm from his neck as he stands upright again. He blows out a big breath and looks straight into your eyes. "You can keep that picture," he meekly offers. You can see that he is nervous about this. "Please do a good job, I don't want a hole in my hair."

You decide to , "I tried cutting my brother's hair once and he had to shave his entire head because I accidentally snipped off a chunk of hair I was not supposed to cut..."

Baekhyun's eyes widen and he actually looks petrified. You laugh at him, pushing him down on the chair, "I was just kidding, Baek." He still looks doubtful while you stand in front of him, brushing his hair down. "Don't you trust me?"

"No," he easily answers. He gulps, eyeing the scissors in your hand, "I don't."

You purse your lips, "I'm just t a little bit of your hair off, I'm not doing anything else. Promise."

Baekhyun nods weakly. You beam at him and bring the scissors up to his hair but he stammers, "No, no, no, wait!"

You blink in confusion as he look up at you, appearing to be really scared. Is he shaking? Oh dear. You sigh, squatting down in front of him. He is eyeing your every move in case you start attacking his precious hair.

"We don't have to do this," you offer, seeing how much it scares him that you're cutting his hair. "Besides, you're the one suffering with your hair poking your eyes."

He makes a face at you and pulls you up, towards him. Your face awkwardly lands on his bare neck and you feel giddy again, being so close to him. You quickly move away but he tugs on your wrist.

"Sit," he offers and, without an answer, pulls you down to his lap. You freeze when his pretty hands land on your bare leg. He carries your left leg easily and bring it down to his other side so that you're straddling him. "As long as I see your face, I think I'll be okay." What a brave boy!

You give a small smile, still red from the interaction and the way the both of you are settled in. You blow out a big breath and bring your hand up, announcing that you will start. You can feel his eyes trained on you as you cut off the slightest bit of hair. You give him an eye smile and he can't help but grin back at you. He nods his head, getting more comfortable.

Baekhyun has his hands on the sides of your waist, sometimes tapping his fingers to the rhythm of the song stuck in his head, sometimes fondly running his fingers up and down comfortingly, sometimes squeezing your waist.

"You have very nice skin," he states and you give him a look. "What? This is the first time I've said it to someone okay? Other than myself, of course."

You roll your eyes, "Make it the last time too, you sound so feminine."

He ignores you as he continues scrutinizing your complexion. Bits of his hair fall on his face and he cringes at the itchiness. You glance briefly at his face before helping him brush off the little bits. Gently, you cup your hand on his cheek, swiping your thumb under his eye.

"Do you want me to cut the—"

"No, just stick to your job, please," he flusters, not unkindly, merely scared.

"Okay," you nod. "I'm about done anyway." You give him a comforting smile, "And I think you look really hot."

He gasps dramatically, his hands clutching onto your waist tighter. "That's the first compliment you've ever given me! I need to write this down in my diary!" He playfully retracts his hand to look at his watch, "May 22, 5:34:08." The boy looks at you again, with a cheeky smile and shining eyes.

Before you can say anything, you hear Jongdae calling out for the both of you, "We're going to start cooking!"

"Baekhyun's having a hair cut!" You yell back, fixing your eyes on the entrance of the kitchen, sure that someone will pop his head out. And you were right when Chanyeol leaves the kitchen, laughing. 

He halts when he sees the position that you and Baekhyun are in. Immeditately, he turns back into the kitchen and you are confused until you hear Jongin's and Sehun's dinstinct "What?!", followed by a stampede.

"What are you doing to her, Byun Baekhyun!" Sehun screams.

"She's the one on top of me, hey!" Baekhyun retorts, his hands firmly on your waist now. When he catches your glare, he clears his throat, "We're not doing anything."

"Come see his hair," you gesture for them to come closer. They do and stand behind the both of you, watching you finish up the cutting of Baekhyun's hair. They are whispering to each other, making Baekhyun fidget but you give him an assured smile. When you're done, you lean back, looking at the rest, "How is it?"

There is silence and Baekhyun almost starts bawling. "You're the worst ever! Never cut my hair ag—"

"It's pretty good for an amateur," Jongdae nods in approval.

"You look better, actually," Chanyeol tilts his head like he doesn't understand how that happened. 

You flash Baekhyun a proud look and stand up from his lap. Immediately, he takes off the bag and runs to the bathroom to check the mirror. The five of you wait for his comment but didn't wait long before he catapults himself at you. People need to stop hanging around Chanyeol.

"Be my lifetime hairstylist!" He proposes with his cheek on your ear.

You pat his back, laughing, "If you don't cry every time I hold a pair of scissors, sure." 

"Okay," Sehun is annoyed when he pulls you out of Baekhyun's grasp and towards the kitchen. "Let's start cooking."

Baekhyun goes to take a quick shower so the small bits of cut hair wouldn't fall into the food. The scene is cleared of newspaper and hair. Baekhyun joins you guys with a towel around his neck. You're currently flipping the Samgyeopsal. You turn to see Baekhyun watering over the sizzling meat and you smile momentarily.

You pick up a small piece of meat with the chopsticks and turn to Baekhyun. You feed him and he gives you an eye smile, his eyes beautifully turning into crescents. His pointed canines show their appearance before disappearing again when he starts chewing the pork. He stays by your side the entire time, talking to you and making your laugh. Jongdae joins you too, chattering as well. You feed him a few pieces of meat too but then stop because otherwise there won't be enough.

Everything is done by 6PM, when the table is all set. Apparently, Jongin's parents are visiting his grandparents in the provinces for he has the entire house to himself for two days. All of you sit at the table, you sitting next to Sehun and Chanyeol. The six of you eye each other playfully, thanking each other for the meal prepared. And the boys start attacking the food like ravages.

There is at least a trait of decency in Chanyeol and Sehun. They give you a bit of everything before stuffing their faces with food. Not sure how and when you've stopped judging the way they eat because really, they're crazed vultures.

 

△▽△▽△▽△

 

"Let's have a sleepover!" Jongin declares after all of you have washed up and cleared the table.

"We have a girl," Jongdae points out. No , Mr. Smartypants.

"Aaaaaand?" Jongin an eyebrow at him.

"I don't have any clothes," you mention.

"You can wear mine." 

"I don't have any fresh, um—" How do you say this without being awkward?

"Don't wear any, then," Sehun smirks, earning smacks from Jongdae and Baekhyun.

Jongin shrugs, "It's up to you. We don't mind if you do wear it or don't. Right, guys?"

All of them nodded. Duh, they're boys. You roll your eyes at them and retort by giving them evidence, "You guys almost freaked out when you thought you were going to see my underwear." They blush and you know you've hit the spot. You shake you head, decling the proposition again. "Maybe another time."

"Really?!" Chanyeol brightens up visibly. "You'll wanna have a sleepover with us? Aww, my best friend!"

You cringe, "Please don't call me that."

"What? 'Best friend'?" He asks, "But you are my best friend."

"No, Chanyeol oppa, we're not."

"See, you call me 'oppa'! We are best friends."

"No!"

"Yes, cupcake."

"Let's bring her back home," Jongdae suggests.

You turn away from Chanyeol to face the others, "I can—"

"No, we're bringing you home," Jongin grabs his keys while Sehun takes your bag.

All five of them herd you out of the home and towards Jongdae's car. You sit in between Baekhyun and Chanyeol at the back while Sehun is next to the tallest boy. Jongin is in the shotgun seat and Jongdae is driving. Driving out, Baekhyun suddenly points to a sign that reads that there is a new restaurant open around here. He drops his arm on your thigh, comfortably leaving it there even though your heart seems like it's about to leap out of your chest.

Chanyeol's arm is resting on the back of your seat, your head cozily resting on his strong arm. If anyone could see the six of you right now, they would only see a bunch of boys who dote on a girl so much that they probably will never be able to live without you. And anyone could see how relaxed you are with them.

When the car stops before your house, the boys climb out just to send you in safely. The five of them walk you to your doorstep, which you thought and argued as stupid because it is a waste of time. But they brush you off like a speck of dust. When you are in your house and them on the other side, you thank them for the day together. You promise Jongin that you will wash his shirt and give it back to him soon.

"Just bring it on Monday," he waves his hand in dismissal. "We'll have our sleepover after our graduation at..."

"My place!" Chanyeol raises his hand and he explains to you, "I live alone in an apartment."

Jongdae nods, "See you then, cupcake."

"Remember to bring your clothes!" Baekhyun reminds you naughtily.

You close the door on their faces, unable to hide the affectionate smile on your face any longer.


Author's note:

Sorry for only updating now! I have 4 days of break till my last paper, so I decided to give you guys an update since I feel so unencumbered now. *^-^*

Thank you all for the subscription, upvotes and comments! I really do like seeing ya'll enjoying my story!

I'm also going to start on a new fic based on Baekhyun and OC... It's gonna be a and a teacher x student concept! It's called 'His Dark Side', give it a read if you wanna! \^-^/

P.S. I finally put up a background image to make it easier to look at haha.

xoxo