10

Unravelled

Your mother and younger brother are with you on Graduation Day. Jongin and Sehun hug you the moment they see you. It is no longer disturbing to their or your parents seeing their children displaying skinship. The two boys congratulate you and you do the same to them. While the parents are talking, the three of you and your younger brother are huddled together.

A bunch of flowers are pressed against your face and you cringe at the strong aroma and the ticklish feeling. You look up to see Luhan and Tao grinning at you. Immediately, you squeal in delight. No matter how stony you can be with the other five boys, you can never be like that with the two Chinese boys. They're practically your closest and longest friends.

"Aww, you Chinese people," you hug them really tightly as they return the embrace. "Thank you so much!"

"Congratulations, Korean," Luhan pats your head. "Finally out of High School."

They turn their attention to Jongin and Sehun, giving them manly handshakes and at the same time congratulating them. Your younger brother pounces on Tao, who pat him on the back. All of you are looking really happy until the Chinese boys announce that they have to leave.

"We actually have a class in half an hour, we came just to congratulate you," Tao makes a face. "We're really sorry, Korean."

You widen your eyes, "Don't be sorry! Even if you guys sent me a congratulatory text, I'd be happy. Thanks for coming, guys."

"I told you we didn't have to come all the way here!" Tao complains to Luhan who gives him a warning look.

You bid them goodbye as they leave after greeting your mother. You feel a powerful force hit you and you almost topple to the ground if not for Jongin and Sehun holding you up. As usual, it is Chanyeol.

"Congratulations~" He sings, carrying you up slightly. "You're finally out of this hell hole!"

"Hurray!" Jongdae claps his hands.

The three boys hug you each individually, rejoining the group again. Your brother brightens at the presence of two of guys whom he is probably going to recruit into his Computer Gaming Club. They say hello to each other for the first time and your brother jumps straight into the mandatory question of whether they play LoL or not.

"Ah, you boys are inseparable!" Mrs. Oh shakes her head fondly when she sees that the three older boys have joined the group.

"Since a long time ago, until now," Mrs. Kim nods her head. She turns to your mother, "And now your daughter is part of them."

Chanyeol, Jongdae and Baekhyun beam at the women, greeting them. You, on the other hand, notice your seatmate. She is with a bunch of other girls and their entire clique is staring at your group. Your seatmate catches your eye and she gives you a warm smile. You start walking towards her.

"Congratulations on graduating," you give her a smile.

She laughs, "Congratulations to you, too."

You talk to her for a while and she suggests to go back to the classroom where everything had started. You start walking off with her. But you hear Baekhyun call you. The both of you turn back to see the boys keeping their eyes on you. 

"I will be back before long!" You yell at them and they nod, still training their eyes on you.

"They're really protective of you huh?" Your ex-seatmate chuckles dryly.

You shrug, "They're boys."

The closer the both of you get to the classroom, you note that the girl beside you appears to be fidgety. You ask her if she is alright and she flusters, proposing to go back because the hallway is empty and it is eerie. You frown, something is up but you don't say anything. The two of you advance towards the classroom and suddenly you have a bad feeling about this.

Before you can say anything, hands grab you from the door to the classroom and yank you in. You let out a yelp of surprise, your face contorting into astonishment. What is going on here?

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," your seatmate is repeating over and over, looking terribly apologetic. "I'm so sorry."

"We didn't see you as a threat before but I guess everyone has secrets to hide, huh?" An extremely irritated voice speaks up. You whip your head around, coming face-to-face with the ultimate Queenka of the school. "Why wait until the last year of high school? Why didn't you just do it last year or something?"

"What... Are you talking about?" You are not scared, just confused.

You are a tough nut to crack and you don't just get named the Ice Princess for nothing. No one—nothing is going to break your walls. Not Byun Baekhyun, definitely not this Queenka .

"Our oppas," the girl continues. "How did you get them wrapped around your little finger when we couldn't?" She gestures to the few girls behind her. You assume that they belong in the same clique. Has your seatmate always been one of them? Why hadn't you noticed? Did you merely not care? "I know it's the last day of school, but let's just make this a lesson. Hmm?"

You raise an eyebrow, standing up straighter. She scoffs. Suddenly, you feel a stinging pain on your right forearm. Immediately, you look down to see a line of blood oozing from a cut. Darting your gaze to the penknife in the girl's hand, you realise that she had actually cut you. These girls are dangerous.

"This one," she points to that fresh cut on your forearm. "Is for being a and seducing all five boys." Before you can comprehend anything, her quick movement makes another cut on your left forearm. "And this? This is for being a two-faced ."

"What—?" You frown. Since when were you a "two-faced "?

She gives a short laugh, "You act like you have no business around school affairs and suddenly you're a boy magnet. If that's not a two-faced vixen, what is?" She yanks your right sleeve up and gives you a long cut there. Ouch. "This is for being a to her—" She points the knife in the direction of your seatmate. You're now cringing from the stinging pain you are getting from the air being in contact with your newly fresh cuts. "—Never, ever ignore a queenka. And your friend here? She's one."

"What's going on here?" You hear Baekhyun's voice and it sounds angry. Very angry.

Everyone present in the classroom shifts their attention to the door, where the five boys are. They're looking really pissed. The girl lets go of you and tries to explain herself but Baekhyun cut her off by striding towards you. He inspects your arms, every time he sees a cut, he in a deep breath. He presses you against his body when he turns to the girls with fire in his eyes.

Jongdae stomps to the Queenka and snatches the penknife from her hand, throwing it angrily to the ground. She is pleading him with her eyes but nothing is working. Nothing is going to work after what they have done to you. You watch quietly as Sehun scan the girls' faces that are present in this room. His eyes turn to slits when he sees your seatmate.

"You!" He points at her face in the rudest way ever. "You were supposed to be her friend."

"She doesn't treat me like one!" She counters angrily.

"Does that mean you have the right to do this?!" Sehun is so close to punching her in the face if not for Jongin holding him back.

"Never, ever hit a girl, Maknae," he warns.

Beside you, Baekhyun speaks up. And you are a little frightened when you hear his voice low and menacingly calm. He enunciates every word he says, "I want all of you girls, to get out of this place. Before I—or the other boys—break your necks. Now."

With that, all the girls rush out of the room. After a moment, all five of them huddle around you. You feel safer now. You heave a soft sigh, feeling like a huge load is carried off your chest.

"You stupid, stupid girl!" Baekhyun cries as he hugs you gently and carefully, making sure that he doesn't touch your cuts.

"Why didn't you scream for help?!" Chanyeol yells at you.

"I was going to be fine," you roll your eyes. "You guys are just blowing this out of proportion."

", they cut you, kitten," Baekhyun pushes you roughly away from him, making you bite your lips because your sleeve has fallen down and is touching your cut. "They could have—"

"Nothing was going to happen," you reassure him. "I thought I told you I could take care of myself."

To be honest, you are slightly scared that you are so calm right now. You didn't even fear when the girl was cutting you. It was like you knew someone was coming and you had nothing to be afraid of. And you were right when Baekhyun came. With the others, of course.

"Yeah, if you could, you wouldn't have gotten all these!" Baekhyun snaps at you, throwing his arms up in frustration. He looks really furious as he pushes past the other boys, leaving the room.

You stare at his retreating back, then at the boys around you. They look just as confused as you do. Jongdae tugs on your hand as he holds it, bringing you to the boys' toilet. The others stand outside to guard it, making sure no one goes in.

"At least they didn't touch your pretty face," Jongdae smiles gently, tucking a strand of hair behind your ear. He brings your left forearm to the sink and he washes the cut slowly. You in a deep breath because it really hurts. "Should we tell your mother—"

"No, please do not," you bite your lip. She's just going to be really afraid to let you leave the house from now on if she knew.

"Okay," he nods, wiping the washed cut with tissue. He goes on to wash the one on your right forearm. "Baekhyun's really pissed." Like you don't know that already. He folds your sleeve primly, ensuring that nothing touches the cut there. He starts cleaning it with a wet tissue. "He's just worried, cupcake. Don't think he's being petty."

"But I was going to be fine," you're close to whining because you have been repeating this over and over too many times.

He sighs, stopping his movements and looking you straight in the eyes. "Cupcake, we were all worried. Even if Baekhyun knows Hapkido, you still wouldn't let Sehun and Jongin touch him that time, remember? It's the same thing." He starts dabbing the cut again, the tissue already turning red. "I'm still angry at those ing es."

You chuckle at the way Jongdae curses. He's too nice to be cursing but then you realise that he must be really mad to do that. When he is done cleaning your cuts, he unfolds your sleeve and pulls you into a tight hug. He lets out a big breath and you feel guilty for making him so worried. 

"I'm sorry," you mumble softly. 

"Silly girl, don't be sorry!" He chuckles. "We're sorry we were late."

"No!" You pull away from him, "You guys came on time and I'm glad you guys arrived."

He ruffles your hair and steers you out of the toilet. Once out, he lets go of you. Sehun immediately turns you to face him and he scans you from head to toe. When he sees that you're intact and breathing, he embraces you tightly. You hear him mumbling a prayer by your ear. Chanyeol wraps his arms around you when Sehun lets you go. He presses your body close to him and kisses the top of your head.

"I'm so glad you're fine," he breathes. 

"It hurts," you mumble when Jongin crushes you with his strong arms. 

"Yeah, so does my heart!" He chastises you but drops his arms. "Let's forego the sleepover."

"But I brought my stuff," you complain. "I'll be fine."

The five of you walk back to the hall where everyone else was. You see Baekhyun talking to your younger brother. You hope that he hadn't said anything to anyone of them. 

"Are you guys going now?" Mrs. Oh asks, regarding the sleepover. "Who's driving?"

"Me!" Chanyeol raises his hand. "Don't worry, I'll drive very safely!"

"Thank you, Chanyeol," the mothers smile warmly at him. 

All of you walk towards the car park together. Sehun, Jongin and you part from the other boys as you go to get your stuff. Your mother tells you to take care and you leave after giving your brother and her a hug. You try not to cringe when they touch your cuts because it is obvious that they know nothing about the incident. 

Jongdae pops out of nowhere and he takes your bag from you. With a hand on the small of your back, he guides you to Chanyeol's sedan car. The owner opens the car boot to keep all the bags there. All of you enter the car. Baekhyun is still ignoring you and his face is the blackest you have ever seen. He's raging, to say the least.

The car ride is awkward because no one dares to speak when Baekhyun is in this state. This is the first time you are seeing him angry and it kind of scares you. Sehun walks next to you with his hands in his pockets while Chanyeol takes your bag. You glance behind you and you see Chanyeol and Baekhyun in a serious conversation where only Chanyeol was speaking. Baekhyun just looks like he doesn't really want to hear anything.

Since the boys probably go to each other's houses almost everyday, you're not surprised when Jongdae punches in the passcode to Chanyeol's apartment and the door opens. You guys enter the place and Jongdae starts grabbing the first aid kit at once. He sits you down on the couch while you scrutinise Chanyeol's place.

This place is really nice and you wonder if this boy is rich. Because how could he be living alone in such a nice place with bills to pay unless he is well-off? Jongin goes into the bathroom to shower while Sehun lays on the couch, immediately switching on the television with his arms behind his head like he owns the place.

You in a breath when you feel a stinging pain. Jongdae widens his eyes, "Sorry! I should've warned you... Does it hurt really bad?" You shake your head no and he nods, continuing to clean your cuts with alcohol. "I know this might be unnecessary but it's just a precaution, okay?" You nod again, watching as he pastes plasters on them.

"What do you guys do in a sleepover?" You ask Sehun.

He doesn't even look away from the TV screen when he answers, "Movies, Truth or Dare, drinking, all that jazz."

You frown, "That's all?"

Jongdae laughs, "What? Did you expect us to be smoking pot and each other?"

You blush, "No! Of course not!"

Baekhyun is nowhere to be found and you purse your lips. Is he avoiding you? Jongdae is done and he goes to put the kit back at its original place. Chanyeol asks if you want to anything to eat.

"Will you make me something?" You request shyly and he beams, nodding. "I'll eat whatever you make me." 

"'Kay, wait here!" He holds out a hand like he is talking to a dog. You almost want to hit him but he is making food for you.

"Hyung! I'm hungry too!" Sehun calls out from his position, looking at Chanyeol who is already in the kitchen.

"I'll make for you too," Chanyeol laughs.

When Jongin comes out of the bathroom half-, you look away immediately. He had done this before in his house when you were there and though it should have been counted as normal, you still couldn't take it. It's not supposed to be shocking, really. Because you know a lot of guys do this. But since no one does it in your house. Your father is never home and your brother wears his shirt because he is the only boy there.

"Jongin-ah, please wear a shirt," Jongdae sighs like he is a tired mom.

"Oh," the younger boy looks down at his torso. "Right." He rushes to Chanyeol's room for a second and he comes out with his top covered. "Done!"

"Can I shower first?" You ask the house and since no one replies you, you take it as a yes.

You take your bag into the bathroom and lock the door after Jongin throws you a clean towel. You don't take too long because you know that there are others waiting to shower as well. You come out with a pair of sweatpants and a slightly cropped pullover. It doesn't reveal any skin unless you stretch or something.

Chanyeol shoves a sandwich into your mouth and you make a sound at the back of your throat. You take it from him and walk to the couch where Sehun is. You slap his shin, asking him to shower. He grudgingly gets up and you sit in a more comfortable position with your legs crossed on the sofa. Chanyeol's sandwich consisted of Nutella and lots of it.

"Did you use the entire bottle of Nutella, Yeol oppa?" You joke when you went to get water in the kitchen. You see a trashcan at the corner of the wall and you see an empty bottle of the hazelnut spread. Your eyes widen as you prepare to drink an entire jug of water. "He did," you whisper in horror.

 

△▽△▽△▽△

 

All of you surround the coffeetable at seven in the evening, waiting for the chicken that you have ordered to get here. The boys are staring at you after asking you to explain the entire situation with the Queenka before they arrived at the scene. Baekhyun is looking elsewhere. So you explain everything that went down and they look pensive when you are done.

"So your seatmate actually lured you into a trap?" Jongin frowns. "That little ."

"She had asked me a lot about you guys when school was still going on," you shrug. "It was weird but she didn't do any harm, so I thought it should be fine."

"Girls these days," Chanyeol shivers from the goosebumps that had formed on his arms. "Monstrous." You look at him and he widens his eyes, "Oh, except you. Definitely not you."

 

△▽△▽△▽△

 

"Movie?" Sehun proposes after dinner.

"After you clean up," Jongdae smirks. "It's your turn, Huna."

"Hyung," he whines and you glare at him. He stops his childish act. "Fine," he grumbles, clearing the table. "But I choose the movie!" He declares.

Everyone piles on the sofa while Baekhyun retreats into Chanyeol's room. Not only is he ignoring you, but he is also giving the boys a cold shoulder. You sigh softly, turning away from his back. Jongin dims the lights so that the place actually looks like a movie theatre. Sehun comes back and inserts a disc into the DVD player. He had already planned that he was going to choose the movie!

The opening credits to Spiderman starts and you decide that Baekhyun needs to watch this. You leave the boys, who are already focused on the movie even though it had just started. Knocking on the door to Chanyeol's room, you open it slightly, poking your head in.

Baekhyun is perched on the edge of the bed, scrolling his phone. He looks up and when he sees you there, he quickly turns back to his phone. But instead of scrolling more, he locks the device and places it on the bed next to him. He still doesn't look at you.

"Please stop ignoring me," you cut to the chase.

Baekhyun looks at you and a few moments pass with the both of you just staring at each other. He sighs and you take it as a sign to walk closer towards him.

"I'm sorry I made you worried," you apologise sincerely. "I'm sorry I didn't think about how worried you guys will be. I'm sorry—"

The male grabs your waist and yanks you down to sit on his lap. He circles his arms around your bare waist since your pullover is a little short. He rests his hands on your thighs. You are currently sitting facing the wall, your arm pressed against his chest.

"Please, please, please, never make me worried," he begs. "Did you know how much I wanted to shoot every one of those girls there?" You keep quiet, staring at him as he continues, "Never keep something like that from us— From me. Don't fight for us, don't take any because of us. You're not allowed to, you understand?" You nod meekly and he squeezes your waist, pulling you to lean onto his body. "You think you're so strong but you're not, cupcake." 

You shoot him a glare and he cups your cheek, his thumb smoothing your skin. "Maybe to the others, you appear like you are. But I can see through you. And you know I can." He is right, of course. "I commend your courage but please, kitten, you need to know that not everything can be kept to yourself."

Baekhyun drops his hand from your cheek to your neck, tugging you to him so that he can hug you. "And I'm always here. I want to be here." Both your cheeks are touching and you feel his move as he says your real name. You feel your heart beat wildly as he continues, "Stop locking yourself from me. Just, stop."

Hesitantly, you wrap your arms aroung his shoulders. And this time, you don't do it half-heartedly. You mean this hug and you want to hug him. You are in an awkward position and Baekhyun feels your discomfort. He carries your thigh and puts it on the other side of him like the other time. You're straddling him again, only this time a lot closer than before since you are hugging him.

His right arm is wrapped around your waist and his left around your back. His chin is resting on your shoulder and you hear him take a deep breath as you feel him relaxing into you.

"I'm really sorry, Baekhyun," you whisper.

He shakes his head, "You're fine and that's all that matters, kitten." He pulls you away and brushes the hair that have fallen on your face. "Why did you come in, by the way?"

You finally remember that you were actually supposed to get him to watch Spiderman! You stand up immediately, pulling him up with you too. "We're watching Spiderman, Baek!"

"And?" He tilts his head in confusion.

"Spiderman!" You whisper-yell at him when you lead him into the make-shift movie theatre.

"O...kay?" You can't see his face but you are sure that he is frowning.

"Byun Baekhyun," you hit his arm. "It's Spiderman."

"Geez, I know, sugar," he groan softly. "Stop abusing me."

You pinch him repeatedly even while the both of you sit on the ground in front of the couch. He grabs a tight hold on your hands and brings them down to his lap so that you can't touch him anymore.

"We're watching Spiderman, kitten," you suppress a shiver when his hot breath hits your ear, his lips slightly grazing your earlobe. He repeats, "Spiderman."