19

Unravelled

Baekhyun is constantly his lips and you realised how he only does that when he is nervous. You had previously thought you had him all figured out but now you find that he has a lot more habits and sides that you never knew he had. Here is a list a couple of things you found out about him since you guys unofficially got together.

 

#1. He his lips a lot when he is nervous.

The whole group of six met up that one time and since it was a Friday night, you guys might have drank a little. The boys were urging Baekhyun to kiss you in front of them. And everyone knows that Baekhyun is touchy with you even in front of anyone. But now that everyone's attention was on him only, he was looking at each of you with a nervous gaze.

"I..." He his lips. "But you guys are—" The boy wet his lips again. "It's awkward." . "Besides..." . "I don't think she's up for it."

Rolling your eyes, you grabbed his face and gave him a big fat smooch on the cheeks. Everyone whooped and Baekhyun was just kind of staring at you in awe.

 

#2. He gets jealous quite easily.

A boy had came up to you while you were waiting by Baekhyun's car after classes. It's a routine now that the both of you go home together. You were sitting on the hood of his car, legs crossed and hunched over a book.

"Heya," you heard an unfamiliar voice. Slowly, you look up from your book. The guy with fair skin and deep dimples and deep cupid bow smiled at you.

He looked really cute and nice. He was a stranger though. But you still smiled back because you weren't the girl you were before. You tucked your hair behind your ears. "Hello."

The boy grinned as he pointed to the book on your lap. "Do you like to read?" 

You shrugged and nodded, "When I have the time."

He laughed, nodding. "Then does that mean you're free for a cup of coffee now?"

You didn't even have to answer him because someone else already did. "Get away from her!"

The both of you turned to where the voice came from and saw Baekhyun. He was at least 10 cars away from you guys and yet he was still butting in. You rolled your eyes and turned back to the male in front of you while waiting for Baekhyun to get here. The guy turned back to focus his attention to you too.

"Is he your boyfriend?" he asked politely, slightly chuckling.

You sighed like you were not proud of calling him your boyfriend, "Unfortunately, yes."

The guy cracked a grin, putting his hand out for a shake. He introduced himself as Yixing. You wondered if he was Chinese like Luhan and Tao. But then you stared at his hand for a moment before holding it.

"I'm calling the cops on you!" The both of you heard Baekhyun scream but you told the boy to ignore him. You introduced yourself.

"Are you Chinese?"

Yixing nodded and tilted his head, "How did you know?"

"I have Chinese friends and we're pretty close. I can distinguish a Chinese person from miles away."

The boy laughed heartily, shaking his head. "Impossible."

"I'm serious!" You chuckled.

"I'm being serious too, get away from her," Baekhyun had finally reached you and was standing in between the both of you.

"Yixing, meet my jealous boyfriend, Byun Baekhyun." You joked and Baekhyun turned to look at you in shock.

You had never called him your boyfriend before. He knew that unless the both of you were official, only then you would call him that. But truthfully, you had already introduced him as your boyfriend to most people. Although, only when he isn't around.

"Baekhyun, this is Yixing." Your new acquaintance stuck his hand out for a handshake and Baekhyun, being the petty little prick he was, looked away. You pinched his neck. "Baek, be mature!"

Reluctantly, Baekhyun held out his hand and shook hands with Yixing. Everyone could guess why Baekhyun was being such an and you were sure Yixing was a smart one. The boy gave a polite smile and bowed. If only Baekhyun was as polite as this boy was...

"Nice meeting the both of you. I hope I'll see you around again!"

"I hope not!" Baekhyun muttered loud enough Yixing to hear even though he was already walking away.

You gasp and slapped his shoulder, "Baek!!! That's so mean!" You climbed down from the hood as you said, "I can't believe you were so rude..."

"He was flirting with you, kitten. I didn't like it," Baekhyun whined while he unlocked the car. You both got in and he swore, "If I was talking to a girl, I bet you would get mad too!"

You shook your head, "Baby, you know that's not true."

And it really wasn't. You have waited patiently by the side when girls tried to hit on Baekhyun. You don't really care because you know Baekhyun is yours for the time being and no one's going to change that in the near future.

Baekhyun sighed and you smirked, "You need to stop being so jealous, Baek. I don't think I can handle it."

"Are you breaking up with me?" Baekhyun spun around, looking at you with fearful eyes.

You shrugged, "I might if you continue being so jealous." Baekhyun actually looked like he was going to cry or something. It made you chuckle and you said, "No, Baek. I won't. Didn't I tell you we'll end only if you don't love me or when you cheat on me? Stop being a baby."

"You're so mean to me," he fake sobbed dramatically on the steering wheel and you laughed aloud.

 

#3. He is extremely noisy and he isn't even close to 4D because he is actually 5D.

Every time you guys hang out in the courtyard in school between classes, he would be laying his head on your lap while playing his games. And you would be talking to Sehun.

"Ahhhh!" Baekhyun squealed, clutching on your arm that was trying to aid your explanation to Sehun.

You were shocked as you asked, "What?! What happened?"

"My car just fell off the cliff!!!"

You stared at him and then looked at Sehun. The younger boy gave you a look like he pitied you, but wouldn't want to be in your position. You knocked on Baekhyun's forehead just as you started off at where you were interrupted.

"Owwww!!!!!!" Exaggeration is Baekhyun's specialty.

 

There are many others but this isn't the time to be talking about Baekhyun's bad habits. Because behind these doors, that are in front of you, are your parents as well as Baekhyun's parents. This is family dinner, between the Byun's and your family. Even your brother is there.

You had gone over to Baekhyun's place a few hours before the dinner because he was having a mental breakdown. It was pretty funny but the way he broke down was so endearing.

The moment you helped yourself into the house, Baekhyun attacked you with a hug. He was slightly trembling and you could tell that he was anxious from the way his breath was shaking. But you were wearing your fancy dress.

"Baek, get off of me," you murmured.

"I'm scared," he breathed with a trembling voice.

You sighed, his soft hair. "I know, but you're ruining my dress. Can you at least give me an ugly shirt so you can cry on it?"

"I'm not crying!" Baekhyun snapped his head up indignantly. He let go of you, pulled you into his room after he had shut the front door.

He threw you a huge shirt and looked at you expectantly. You gave him a pointed glare, "Turn around, you ert."

Baekhyun did so and you change out into his oversized shirt. You were wearing safety shorts so it wasn't so bad. The next moment you knew, you were cuddling with Baekhyun on his bed. Nothing was said. You were just holding him as he laid his head on your chest. If he wasn't being so vulnerable then, you would have kicked him in the nuts for take advantage of you. But you knew better.

"Your father is so scary," he murmured. "I don't think I can do this."

"He is scary... But I know you, Baek... And I also know that you can do this," you encouraged him as you played with his hair.

"But—"

"Shut up," you chuckled. "He's my father. And you're my..."

"Oh, just say it! It's not a secret anymore, kitten."

"Boyfriend," you blushed and you were glad that he couldn't see your face. "I know that he'll eventually like you. However long that might be."

"But he'll only like me because my parents might have already sold half their shares to him!" Baekhyun was really anxious. You knew because he was not being the confident boy that you had always known.

"Oh, please. So what? Unless you're dating my father, then yeah, get mad." You scoffed and continued, "You're my boyfriend, fool. Stop acting like my father dumped you or something."

Baekhyun started whining about how you were always mean to him. The both of you started quarreling childishly, in an attempt of lightening up the mood. It helped, because finally, Baekhyun was laughing and smiling again. About an hour before the dinner with your parents, Baekhyun dragged you to his closet.

He stood you in front of it as he circled his arms around your waist, his chin on your shoulder. He swayed you slightly side-to-side and you have a brief smile on playing on your lips.

"Pick out something for me."

"Well, my father likes guys who—"

"Not your father." You were frowning for a moment. Because he was on the brink of crying because of what your father might think of him just now... Baekhyun continued anyway, "What you like."

You turned your head to look at him and he squeezed your waist when he saw your eyes. He pecked you on the lips, "Because I'm your boyfriend, right?"

 

△▽△▽△▽△

 

Presently, you touch Baekhyun's forearm slightly. "You'll be fine, Baek. Stop worrying."

"I know, I know..." But the boy is still wetting his lips. "I'm just—"

You turn Baekhyun around roughly and he looks at you with a surprised expression. You grab both sides of his face and give him a soft peck on the lips. But your glare is hard when you pull away.

"I'm here with you, am I not? You're going to fight until my father says yes, are you not? Because I might have to stay over in your place if I get kicked out of the house from talking back to my dad." You end what was supposed to be a motivating speech with a sheepish smile.

Baekhyun chuckles, all the stress on his face finally clearing. His brightness is back and you realise how some people seem to suit a certain expression more. Just like your mother, Baekhyun fits this happy and vibrant appearance. The boy nods and you see the resolve and determination in his eyes. And knowing him, you know that it is going to take a lot to make him change his mind once he is so determined to do something.

You let go of his face and give him a small smile. He takes your hand in his, squeezing it slightly. And just before he opens the door, he whispers a promise, "You're staying with me no matter whatever the outcome is."

To be honest, you are slightly scared. Despite your brave outlook as the both of you face this situation that not everyone faces, you are actually nervous. But in this relationship, one of you has to be strong. And in spite of your cold, stoic reaction to everything, Baekhyun was right. You are weak. You are raw inside. And in this relationship, although no one could really see that, Baekhyun is always the stronger one.

He is like your pillar of strength. He keeps you sane and teetered to earth and to him. He makes you see so much more than what you saw in your sepia world. So now that your human strength has grown weak literally, it's your turn to take on Baekhyun's role.

The both of you walk into the room side by side. But you guys had never expected the sight in front of you. Your parents are laughing together with his. Your father. He is laughing. He is roaring with laughter. You feel your heart pound against your chest but you know that you are doing a good job at hiding your expression.

Your brother sees the both of you and he grins, waving eagerly. The adults saw the reaction of the youngest boy and they turn their head. They are still slightly smiling though. Your gaze is only on your father and he looks like he is in a good mood. Involuntarily, you squeeze Baekhyun's hand to tell him that things might be easy.

"Ah, the couple..." Your father's sentence drifts down to you guys and you feel your heart trembling with fear and, at the same time, a pleasant feeling washes over you. You see him looking at Baekhyun and your hands intertwined together.

The both of you walk over to the table and sit across each other. You don't know how to go about starting the enquiry about your father's agreement to the both of you dating. The mothers urge for you to start eating. Your brother helps put food into your plate. But just before you could even lift your fork, your fathers calls you as he stands.

"Let's go for a walk."

Your gaze flies to Baekhyun. He sees the split second where you looked afraid. Baekhyun had long figured you. He had long learnt your expressions. When he started, you don't really know, neither did you want to know.

Another scraping of a chair is heard. And it isn't your chair. Baekhyun stands erect, "I'm coming along."

A silence is heard and the tension is palpable. The atmosphere had went from a cheerful one to a tensed one in a blink of an eye.

"Just my daughter alone. Thank you, Mr. Byun," your father is curt as he says that, his words hurtful to your boyfriend.

You stand immediately and all eyes are on you. You fix your eyes on your father with determination, "Baekhyun's coming with me."

Your father and you fight each other's gazes. Out of your family of four, you and your father are the stubbornness, the strongest. Neither of you are going to back down easily. Everyone is quiet now, even Baekhyun knows not to speak.

Your father looks amused for a moment before he nods, "Okay." He turns to the rest of the table, "Excuse us."

When Baekhyun meets you around the table, he grasps your hand tightly. The both of you follow behind your father. The three of you leave the room and walk a long way out to the balcony of this restaurant. All the while, Baekhyun keeps rubbing his thumb in circular motions on your skin. It is as though he is reminding you that you still have him no matter what.

Your father leans on the railings of the balcony and looks out. Seoul looks beautiful at night from this view. The lights are breathtaking and the busy cars made streaks of fluorescent lights on the streets. The weather is nice, too. The sounds of people in the restaurant muffled by the door separating the balcony and the air-conditioned place.

"You know how I preferred Minseok over anyone," your father's gruff voice could not be missed even though it is merely a soft statement.

You sigh, walking forward even more with Baekhyun. "You only liked Minseok because he's your best friend's son, dad. You didn't even know what happened between us. You didn't even want to know!" You whisper the next sentence, which makes Baekhyun squeeze your hand. "You don't even care."

Your father turns around and his steely gaze are on you. It is as though he has forgotten about Baekhyun's presence. "It can't be anything worst than him cheating on you. He isn't that kind of boy."

You in your breath. Even in such context, he isn't going to listen to your explanation. Your whisper lingers in the air and you know your father had heard it. "He cheated on me, dad."

You let go of Baekhyun's hand and stand next to your father. You continue softly, "You didn't want to know. I didn't tell you. You've always told me to be strong and I was, I didn't even tell mum about it. No one knew. And that was okay. But dad, if you really think Minseok is a good boy and that I deserve him more than Baekhyun... Then you're wrong." Taking in a deep breath, you continue, "I'm sure you know Baekhyun is a good boy as well. He is a nerd—"

"Hey!" Baekhyun hisses and you chuckle.

You don't see your father who is hiding his smile though. You nod, "He's funny and he makes me happy. He takes good care of me and he knows how to treat me right."

Baekhyun squeezes your waist from behind and you give way to him. He wants to speak to your father. You watch the two men in silence before your father tries to send you away. You don't want to but even Baekhyun tells you to go. Huffing in annoyance, you leave the two of them and go back to the dining room.

The others are curious as to why it is only you that came back. And you tell them that they are having a men's talk. You start eating. As time goes on, insecurity and anxiousness starts bubbling up in you. The two guys are taking too long. Way too long. You start playing with your food.

Your brother is talking to you but you can't seem to digest his words. Everything else is unimportant as of this moment. You are fidgety and you are scared. You hear the doors being clicked open and the chattering from patrons outside polluting the atmosphere in here. Eagerly, you turn in your seat, hoping to see some sign that you are hoping for. 

But your heart sank the moment you see Baekhyun and your father walking in with stoic faces.


Author's note:

Hahahahahahha I'm so cruel for that cliffhanger ;-)

Anyways, just in case you guys haven't heard, I've created a Sehun-centered fic and I hope you guys will support me. But if you don't like -filled Sehun stories then.... You are missing out a lot in your life. 

The Three C's

So yeah, give it a look if you want something new to read. ^-^

Otherwise, I'm really devastated to announce that this story is going to end in a few more chapters... I'll try to add in a lot a lot of fluff though. Hehehe.

Till next time,
xoxo