17

Unravelled

"We can just ask your father!" Jongdae chirps and Baekhyun whacks his head.

"You haven't met her father, so don't be stupid," Baekhyun mumbles.

You are all in his apartment, seated on the floor around the coffee table. You wanted to sit away from Baekhyun because you know how touchy he can be even in serious times. But the boy didn't allow any of that, saying that he will keep his hands behind his back. But now, not even an hour passed since you guys sat, Baekhyun already has his elbow on your thigh and his fingers intertwined with yours.

You give up on him, letting him do what he wants. Because really, this boy is so touchy that you curse yourself for being stupid. You have never seen Baekhyun touching his "girl"friend before! Sure, they were always together, but it was as if he was just going out with a normal friend, distance and all.

"Your mum is okay with this, right?" Jongdae asks you in confirmation.

"Dude, her mum loves me," Baekhyun boasts. When the two boys show a face, he turns to you and smiles sweetly, "Right, kitten?" He flicks your chin playfully.

"No, he's lying," you shake your head at the other two.

"Yah!" Baekhyun yells, pinching your arm. You laugh as he attacks you.

Grabbing hold of his hands, you chuckle, "Okay, okay. She loves you, she loves you."

"See?" He beams smugly at the other two and they just roll their eyes.

"You guys can talk to her mother first, then," Sehun suggests. "Hyung, your parents are okay with it?"

Baekhyun shrugs, "I'll have to ask them."

"Preferably, the both of you should be present when talking to parents," Sehun nods wisely. You raise an eyebrow and he smirks, "What? You certainly don't expect this handsome face to be a nerd in dating!"

Shaking your head, you groan playfully, "You guys are disgusting!"

"Since you're both here, cook for dinner and then have a talk with your parents!" Jongdae points to Baekhyun with his chin.

"Then we can leave!" Sehun beams and you let go of Baekhyun's hand as you lean forward to hug Sehun from the side.

"Don't gooooooo," you cry.

Sehun laughs, ruffling and running his hand through your hair, he says, "You have Baek hyung, cupcake. You don't need me anymore."

"Yeah, you have me, kitten," Baekhyun's voice is slightly playful but it is tight too. He pulls you back to lean on him as he wraps your shoulders with an arm.

"Don't say that, Oh Sehun!" You ignore Baekhyun. "I need you! I need you forever until I die! Don't you run away from your best friend!"

And when you think Baekhyun might have forgotten about your crying incident, you tear up again. Sehun flusters, so does Jongdae. They have never seen you cry, not even when you got cut by those girls. Sehun leans forward and stares at your welled up eyes. He pleads Baekhyun with his eyes and the older boy lets go of you. Sehun gently brings you up and walk you into Baekhyun's room.

He turns you around and cups your face with his hands as he presses on the bottom of your eyes, letting the tears drop. He grins naughtily and you chuckle, hitting him and sniffling. Sehun wipes the flowing tears and brings you close for a hug. Because of his height and his broad shoulders, you feel like he is eating you up. And you like it because it feels secure.

Sehun takes a deep breath as if memorising your scent, "Thank you for letting me be your boyfriend even for a while." You start tearing up again. "I know you weren't mine but in that period of time, you were mine to protect... And I'm happy to see you with Baek hyung again. Really."

"Sehun," you grip onto the back of his shirt tightly. The way he is phrasing his words makes it seem like he is leaving for good. But you know that it isn't going to happen. You just have to confirm, "You're not leaving me, are you?"

"You wish, cupcake," he laughs, kissing the top of your head as he your back. "Not after you open up to me and openly announced that I am your best friend." You laugh, pinching him. Sehun pulls you back and bends to level his eyes with yours. "I'm really, really, really happy and relieved that you are with Baek hyung now. I knew how much you like him... Just don't forget about me, okay?"

You shake your head, "Never."

"Can I have a last request before I give you back to Baekhyun hyung?" Sehun has a small smile on his face. You nod, raising an eyebrow slightly. "Can I kiss you? On the li—"

"Okay! That's all for today~" An extra chirpy Baekhyun flings open the door and strolls in, his face brandishing the most fake smile. "We need to cook something for my parents, cupcake."

He pulls you away from Sehun's grasp and the younger boy easily lets you go. You frown, stopping in your tracks, therefore making Baekhyun stop too. Slowly, you pry off his fingers off your arm and walk back to Sehun calmly. The boy looks at you in anticipation, wondering why you didn't just let Baekhyun take you away. He in a breath when your hand goes to the back of his neck. You pull his head down closer to you and his eyes widen.

You give Sehun a timid smile as you go closer to his face. Your gaze drops to his slightly parted lips and close your eyes. You feel his soft, thin lips on yours in a matter of seconds. A shocking breath is heard and it isn't from you nor Sehun. Nibbling only a little on Sehun's upper lip, you let him go. Then, you beam.

"Are we good now?"

"More than good," winks Sehun.

You laugh, nodding. Walking back to Baekhyun, you take his hand in yours and walk out of the room with him.

 

△▽△▽△▽△

 

Baekhyun and you are in the kitchen, working on cutting stuff. Jongdae and Sehun have gone back while you stay to have dinner with Baekhyun's parents. This is a sudden invitation and even though you still feel nervous, you are slightly confident that you might pass this test. To have such a son like Baekhyun, his parents must be amazing people who would definitely not be anything like your father. So you aren't all that worried. 

You are slicing squids as you glance at Baekhyun, who looks professional. Slicing squids is already the easiest job and yet you are already having problems with the sizes. It is either too small or too big, there is no in between. Baekhyun looks at your work and then at you. He grins when he sees you looking at him.

"Doing well, champ!" He mocks and you kick him with your leg. "Hey, stop that. I have yet to scold you for kissing Sehun in front of me."

You roll your eyes before remembering, "Oppa, what about your girlfriend?"

He furrows his eyebrows, "What girlfr— Oh! Oh! She's just a friend. I lied to you guys."

"Knew it," you blow a raspberry. "Who would wanna date you? No one."

"There's you, isn't it?!" Baekhyun throws a handful of chopped carrots at you.

"Me? What about me?" You play dumb, shaking your head to get the carrots out of your hair.

"You're my girlfriend, aren't you?"

"No."

"Yes, you are."

"You didn't even ask me to be your girlfriend."

"Oh," Baekhyun pauses. Then he continues, "Will you be my girlfriend then, kitten?"

Despite how hard your heart is pounding in your chest, you shake your head. Baekhyun's jaw drops and you explain, "Let's go through my father first, before I confirm anything."

"That's too long," Baekhyun pouts, leaving his work station and wrapping his arms around you from behind. "Can't we just—"

"Nope," you pop the 'P.' Slightly turning your head, you look at Baekhyun. "We can't be official until my dad gives the green light."

"Keyword being 'official', right?" Baekhyun grins and you raise an eyebrow. He goes on to explain with hand gestures and looking away. "We can just act like we usually do, and then once your dad approves, the only difference is our status!"

"No," you roll your eyes at his stupid tactics and he pouts. You laugh slightly, elbowing his stomach, "Get to work, oppa. We need to actually make food, not wait for it to make itself."

He sighs, unwrapping his arms from your waist. Before he leaves though, he kisses your cheek and you blush as he walks back. You know that even though this boy may give in to you, he is stubborn when it comes to his happiness. You let him off because you know how touchy Baekhyun is. And also how you cannot stand having Baekhyun not touching you.

After cutting the squid, Baekhyun decides that it's enough work for you. You follow him as he moves around the kitchen, talking to him. He doesn't mind you but instead, he actually relishes in the your talkativeness. He hasn't heard it in a while and he has forgotten how much you always seem to have to say even though you're quiet on the outside. Baekhyun is smiling the entire time you talk to him.

You are standing next to Baekhyun as he washes the vegetables at the sink. You fill him in with what you did while he took a hiatus in your life. "And remember my seatmate?" At the sound of that, Baekhyun focuses his eyes on you while his hands are still working. "I met her in school. She said she was sorry and then... We went for lunch."

"Kitten, since when were you so nice?" Baekhyun rolls his eyes, leaving the vegetables and turning to face you. "You were never this friendly. And newsflash, did you forget that she got you those scars?" He points to your arms with his chin.

"First off, there are no scars," you frown. Then you walk closer to him, weaving your arms under his hands and hugging his waist. "Baek, you changed me." Looking up at him, you see him blushing but staring at you with adoration. "I don't wanna compliment you but I also don't wanna lose you again. You're making me open up, I think you should already know that."

"Oh my God, are you okay? Are you sick?" He brings his hands up to feel your flushed face. "You're having a fever!"

"Baek!" You snap as you blush even redder. "I'm not sick!" You pinch his waist, "You're just really a big change and I don't like it."

"Are you saying you don't like me?" Baekhyun squints his eyes at you, pinching your cheeks.

"No," you roll your eyes slapping his hands away. "I'm saying that I don't like change. Not you. I'm still not sure if I like you."

"Eh?" Baekhyun frowns. "Are you tired of living?" He leans forward, acting like he wants to bite you.

You chuckle, holding his face with your hands. "I was kidding, baby. I like you. I like you so much, Baekhyun."

"What did you just call me?"

"Baekhyun?"

"No, before that."

"Baby?" You answer timidly.

"I like that," Baekhyun grins, pecking your lips. "You're calling me that from now on."

"But I like calling you Baekhyun more."

"I like you calling me anything," he pecks your lips again. And again.

You laugh, "Baek, stop!"

"I can't," Baekhyun grins as he keeps showering you with his kisses. "Help me!"

"We're home!" At the sound of Baekhyun's parents' arrival, the both of you jump apart. While they make their way to the kitchen where the both of you are, you smirk at Baekhyun.

"Not a problem anymore," you whisper. He makes a face at you as he continues to wash the vegetables.

You stand next to Baekhyun, your hips against his. Watching him do his job, you hear his parents come in. The both of you turn, only to be greeted by the shocked expressions of his parents. They roam their eyes around the kitchen and then stop at you. Just when you think they might not like you, they smile warmly at you.

"Mum, dad, this is my girlfri—" You whack his arm. "My friend whom I really want as my girlfriend." You slap his arm again and he laughs as he introduces you to his parents.

"Why isn't she your girlfriend yet, then?" His father asks, winking at you and you blush. His father is average-looking, but his charisma is no joke. You realise that Baekhyun resembles a lot like his mother.

"That's what we're making dinner for," Baekhyun answers, grinning. "We have something to propose to you."

"Eh?"

"Wash up and come back for dinner," Baekhyun shoos them away. "We'll explain later. Right, cupcake?" You nod shyly and he turns back to his parents, grinning. "She's said it, so go, go!"

"Okay..." The both of them laugh, walking away even though curiosity is eating them alive.

When they are gone, you hit Baekhyun again, "Don't call me cupcake!"

"Would you rather have me calling you kitten?" He raises an eyebrow. You shake your head fervently. "So I'll just stick to cupcake for now!"

"You're impossible," you shake your head, wiping a droplet of water on Baekhyun's cheek.

He glances at his parents' closed doors and then leans down to quickly kiss you on the lips. You gasp, clutching onto his shirt with your other hand. You feel his smile on you as he nibbles on your bottom lip, tracing the entrance of your mouth with his tongue. You part your lips slightly and his tongue enters your wet cavern. He explores the unfamiliar territory that is going to be his. You feel his wet hands on the small of your back as he presses you closer to him.

Before your tongues actually meet, you pull away breathlessly. You your lips. You feel yourself heating up with embarrassment and he chuckles, kissing you again quickly. Baekhyun lets go of you and goes back to work while you help him as much as you can. He doesn't want you to do anything but you want to at least do more for his parents.

In half an hour, Baekhyun has whipped up a pot of ginseng soup, a plate of beef bulgogi, steamed fish and stir-fried vegetables. All you did was pass him the ingredients he needed. And also the setting up of the table. Once everything is done and washed, Baekhyun stands beside you, hugging you from the side. You lean your head on his shoulder and he turns his head to kiss the top of your head.

"Good job, kitten."

"Same goes for you, baby."

"Ugh, why aren't you my girlfriend yet?!" Baekhyun groans in frustration.

"Can we eat now?" The both of you jump when you hear Baekhyun's mother's voice. You try to leave Baekhyun's embrace but he keeps you there. His parents walk out of their room, refreshed and clean. "I'm starving."

They obviously see Baekhyun's arm around you but they choose to ignore it. They walk to the dining table and take a seat. Baekhyun finally lets you go and pulls a chair for you to sit. You do and he sits next to you. His father reaches out with his chopsticks and you see his mother nudging him with her elbow. His father's mouth forms an 'O' and gives you an abashed smile.

"Thank you for the food," his mother says and his father parrots her. They smile warmly at you and then shoot a mocking glare at Baekhyun.

All of you start eating and they praise the cooking.You are sure they are only doing it just because you are there. It is no secret that Baekhyun can cook. So you are certain he cooks everyday for his family. You admit that he is a great cook, having tasted the dishes yourself. Once easy conversations have died down, Baekhyun clears his throat, earning his parents' attention.

"So... I— Um... She—" Wow, is Baekhyun actually stuttering?

"About your girlfriend-to-be?" His father winks at you and you blush. "If it's our approval, then there's no need to go on. We approve, son." He shows a thumb up.

"Oh, then—" You nudge Baekhyun, killing his happy moment. He pouts at you and you give him a stern glare. He sighs, turning back to his parents who are trying to hide their smiles. "Her father is, apparently, your business rival."

They frown and his mother questions you, "What's your father's company?" You inform them everything and they are quiet for a while. "Well... To be honest, your father's company is huge and we've been trying to collaborate with him for some time now..."

"But your father is stubborn..." Her spouse continues for her. "Because we were fighting for the same business trade before, he is seeing us as his rivals, still. And right now... We want to stop war, if you get what I mean?"

You nod understandably and you feel Baekhyun squeezing your thigh once for assurance. His father goes on, this time smiling, "And I guess my son dating you would be a help in building relations with your dad. I'm not using you, don't get me wrong." He holds up his hands and you shake your head. "I really think that you are a good girl for my son. It is just a bonus if your father is willing to work with us."

You nod dumbly and Baekhyun speaks up, "So... You approve of us, right? And you're going to talk to her dad?"

"Whoa, you didn't mention anything about—" His father's exclamation was cut short by his mother slapping his chest with the back of her hand.

"Of course, darling. We have to arrange a date," his mother smiles warmly and gently at you. "I assume your father doesn't approve of the both of you?" You shake your head. "What about your mother?"

"Her mother loves me," Baekhyun announces. "Mum, dad, your son is a ladies' man, I tell you."

"Are you sure you want him as your boyfriend?" His father makes a face at you and sticks his thumb out in the direction of his son.

You are about to shake your head when Baekhyun bites his lip, squeezing the back of your neck painfully. "Think before you answer, cupcake."

"Look at what your son has become! A woman abuser!" His mother clutches onto her husband's arm dramatically. "Ah, this world..."

"Mum," Baekhyun rolls his eyes, dropping his hand.

"I'm just playin'," she winks at the both of you.

"No one says playin' anymore, mum!" The bot grumbles, mortified by his parents.

"Fo' sho, dawg!" His father joins in and you start giggling.

"You guys are embarrassing!" Baekhyun covers his face as you start laughing.

"We'll talk to your parents," His mother grins, nodding her head at you.

His father adds, "Yeah, man~"

You are snorting with laughter because of his parents and how Baekhyun is reacting. You manage to say, "Thanks, yo!"

"Oh my God!!!!! Cupcake!!!!!"


Author's note:

Wahhh I'm so sorry for the late update but hey! At least I updated both Unravelled and His Dark Side!

Till next time,
xoxo