15

Unravelled

You haven't seen Baekhyun in weeks and to be honest, you don't want to see him either. Sehun knows how you feel towards the older boy, but he doesn't say much about it. Although, he is trying really hard to make your grudge on Baekhyun simmer. You and Sehun try to meet Jongin as much as you can to have dinner together and you are sure that Jongin had already caught on with the situation. However, now that Jongin is in another school, you guys hardly find time to meet. Especially when he has extra training up until six in the evening most days. You don't tell him that you miss him though because you don't like how it makes you feel weak already. You don't feel much but now that you overflowing with emotions, you feel vulnerable. You feel weak. And the only thing that you can do, is to hide it from the world.

Today is one of those days that all six of you are finally free to meet for dinner. You meet Sehun after your classes and go to the restaurant that Chanyeol chose. You could have met Baekhyun and Chen too but you didn't want to see the fairer boy so early. And Sehun understands. So when you get to the restaurant, the three older boys are already there. Taking the seat furthest from Baekhyun, you sit at the end of the table. You are silent as you browse the menu. Chanyeol asks you why you're being so quiet.

You shrug, "I don't feel good today."

"I saw you in school today and you were laughing with Sehun," Baekhyun leans forward so that he could look at you as he points out.

It isn't that you are annoyed by the fact that he saw you and Sehun and yet he didn't say hi. You are just slightly irritated by how he butts into the conversation when he hasn't interacted with you for weeks. Sure, you haven't been talking to him. But it also takes two hands to clap. Baekhyun knows that you're a dominant girl and you don't like being the one who approaches people first. It's as if he has forgotten everything about you in a snap, like he doesn't care.

You don't reply him, merely turning back to your menu. Chanyeol asks again, and you thank Jongin in your head when he arrives then. You take a good look at your friend, noticing how tired he is. Jongin has eyebags now and even though he is smiling, you see that his aura has dimmed like he is low on power. Glancing at the others, you realise that the others don't notice how different Jongin is. They are chatting and nudging each other. Jongin looks genuinely happy and relaxed with you guys but it makes your heart cringe seeing so tired.

Kicking his leg under the table when no one else is looking, Jongin looks up. You question quietly, "Are you okay? You look exhausted."

Jongin gives you a warm smile and shakes his head, "It's fine, cupcake. I'm just a little drained from practice."

"You shouldn't have came if you were tired..." You make a face.

"This was the only day we were all free to meet up, I couldn't just forsake you guys because I want to sleep."

"Jongin, you are not looking Jongin. You—"

You were cut off by someone—who else but Baekhyun? Again. "What are you two whispering to each other?" You glare at him, but saw that he is only looking at Jongin like a strict teacher. "Care to share, hmm?"

"No," you try not to snap but you did. "Why can't I speak to Jongin like that, huh?"

Baekhyun focuses his attention on you while the table has gone silent. He purses his lips and glares at you. The both of you have a little glaring match that turns the atmosphere more frigid by the second. The tension is so suffocating that even Chanyeol has to interject. The tall guy clears his throat and asks everyone to start ordering in a really fake cheerleader tone. Sehun touches your arm lightly and Jongin nudges your foot. You finally look away from Baekhyun with an uncomfortable feeling in your stomach.

Suddenly, you just don't feel like eating. You just don't want to be where you are. You want to go home. You feel sick to the stomach, like a tornado is churning. But looking at how strong Jongin is, it makes you stay. You feel like you have to stay for him. He came down even though he wasn't feeling good, just because this was the only day all six of you were able to meet up together. For the rest of the time, you don't say much. You know that the others are worried because this is the exact same treatment you gave them in the beginning.

However, witnessing the previous incident, they know that it isn't a good time to ask you anything regarding it. At the end of the meal, Sehun calls for ice cream. You really don't want to and you are about to say it, hoping that none of them would give you a dirty look. But it seems like you didn't have to be the bad guy afterall. While everyone else agrees to it (even Jongin), Baekhyun announces that he isn't free.

"Hyung, why?" Sehun is slightly whining, but you don't notice it because you are waiting for Baekhyun's answer just like the rest of them.

"Do you have a date?" Jongdae smirks, nudging him playfully. He proceeds to tease and poke Baekhyun about it and you cringe when you see how bright Baekhyun is smiling.

"Yeah."

"What?" Jongin.

"You have a date?" Sehun.

"WHAT?!?!?!?!" Chanyeol.

"I have a date," Baekhyun repeats, looking at you. Your breath stops and you feel like the breath in you has been knocked out of you. The boy is looking straight into your eyes, but you feel like he is peircing your heart with his gaze and the words are flow out of his mouth. "I really like her."

 

△▽△▽△▽△

 

"Hyung," Sehun is shocked to hear your brother's voice through the phone. He glances at Jongdae who is opposite himm

"What's wrong?" Sehun is worried. Your brother has never called before and it worried him. Why couldn't you have called him yourself? "Is something wrong?" The younger boy bristles and Sehun gets more agitated, "Is your noona okay?" At that sentence, Jongdae narrows his eyes on Sehun. He fixes his hard gaze on the boy as he continues the conversation.

"Yeah, she is," your brother answers after some time. "But..."

"But what? Tell me!" Jongdae has to keep Sehun's anger in check because he looks like he is close to flipping a table.

The two boys are in a coffeeshop, catching up. Jongdae and Sehun are pretty close, only because the older boy really treats Sehun as his younger brother. Jongdae is always the one who calls and invites Sehun out. They may be in the same school but it is difficult for the both of them to meet up there since their faculty schools are far apart. And he nows how Sehun treasures you so much. He sees how Sehun treats you just like how he treats the him. So it is for sure that he knows how Sehun is feeling now.

"Noona is just... She's turning back into..."

Sehun sighs, relaxing. Even without continuing, he knows what your brother is driving at. How can he not when the both of you meet up everyday? You have been avoiding people. You have been closing off to everyone. But Sehun is hurting his pride and dignity by using his body to block you from closing the doors at him. He knows what— who the problem is, but he knows that you will get even more riled up than you already were if he is to talk to you about it. Sehun is the closest to you amongst the five now and he is sure that you will not avoid people because of nothing.

"I know, I kn—" Sehun is cut off by your younger brother.

"No, hyung... You don't understand. It's because of—"

"Baekhyun hyung," the both of them say at the same time. And again, "HOW DID YOU KNOW?!"

"How did you know?" Sehun interrogates with a threat that he is the boy's hyung.

"I heard our mother talking about it on the phone."

"Your mother?" Sehun repeats. "What does she— Tell me exactly what she said."

Your brother clears his throat and starts speaking in a terrible feminine voice that sounds a lot like a woman being strangled while speaking with helium, and not anything like your mother. "What did you do to our daughter? Nothing?! It can't be nothing if she's locking herself up in her room! Don't you dare— Yah, yeobo! You better stay on the line or I will not let you into our room tonight. I'm asking again, what did you do? What about that Baekhyun kid? What do you mean he's Mr. Byun's son? What rival? Yeo—"

Sehun gasps, cutting short the recount as his eyes widen. He almost drops the phone but Jongdae manages to help him hold onto it. For a while, Sehun is just frozen. Then he starts blinking rapidly. Turning his head so fast that Jongdae feared for his neck, Sehun grabs hold of Jongdae's shoulders tightly. The older boy senses something really wrong and ends the call for Sehun.

"Hyung..." Sehun's mouth is dry and he can't seem to say anything else.

"What, Sehun? What?" Jongdae is slightly afraid of how his friend is acting. But also a little annoyed because Sehun is basically keeping him in suspense.

"Baekhyun hyung's father..." Sehun blinks repeatedly and his eyes flicks upwards, telling Jongdae that he is thinking. "Isn't he... A business man too?"

Jongdae takes a while to digest his words. And when he does, his eyes go big. "No way..."


Author's note:

Soooo sorry for the long update!!!!!! OTL Anyway, I've decided that I'll cut this story shorter... I think I said 25 chapters before but I think I might end it by (at most) 21 chapters... In my opinion, it's getting kinda draggy? And I don't wanna bore my readers... Also, don't worry about when the fluff is gonna resurface again. Because remember, I'm a fluff writer!!!;; It'll probably be out even before I know it lol

If any of you wanna read another Baekhyun x OC story by me, you can take a look at His Dark Side! It's rated M for though... ^-^;

Till next time, xoxo