20

Unravelled

You are in the courtyard with Sehun again. You guys have an hour of break before having the same lecture together. It's already semester two of Year 1 for the both you. And this time, you guys chose to take at least a subject together.

You lean your head on his shoulder, ready to take a nap until he lifted his shoulders so that you wouldn't sleep. You pinch his thigh while sitting up to glare at him. He has a faint smirk on his lips. But he suddenly faces a direction and you follow his gaze.

Baekhyun is having lunch with a girl. She looks gorgeous. She is the kind of girl guys like—cute, pretty, elegant. He hands her a piece of tissue and you watch as their fingers touch in slow motion when she takes it from him.

Suddenly, your vision goes black and you are pushed back roughly. You screech, slapping your hands on Sehun's thighs. His laughter is next to your ear and he presses down even more on your eyes. You don't know what he is trying to do but you let him do it anyway. Because you love Sehun and you know he wouldn't hurt you.

 

△▽△▽△▽△

 

You have your hand on cheek as you write notes on your notebook. It is the last lecture of your day while Sehun is already done for the day. You keep glancing at the time on your phone as well as the entrance of the lecture hall. But it has only been four minutes into the lecture.

You decide to focus on the lecture. You are jotting something the lecturer said when you feel someone sitting next to you. You don't turn to see who it is because you know. His scent is already so familiar to your nose. He is your boyfriend, anyway.

"Hey," Baekhyun whispers, sneaking a kiss on the corner of your lips. You sigh audibly, letting him know that he is doing this is in front of a lot of people. "You're mine anyway."

So you let Baekhyun trace shapes on your thigh, you let him watch you even though he should be focusing on the lecture, you let him tuck your hair behind your ear when it falls to cover your face from him. You shiver slightly when his finger traces from the back of your ear to your neck.

Finally, the lecture is over and you wonder if it was actually a good idea choosing one subject that you and your boyfriend share. He has always been distracted by you and you by his touches. Maybe the next time, you should sit away from him... But that would literally be impossible.

You are packing your bag and Baekhyun is just watching your movements. When you are done, he stands immediately and grasps your hand even before you have gotten your bag. He is already pulling you away. You laugh as you hurriedly snatch your bag from the ground.

"Where are we going!" You giggle because he was being so excited and he is practically dragging you. He glances at you, his face blissful and happy that you are his.

"Secret," he winks, causing you to giggle again and he shows you a wide smile.

You've never liked the unknown. If anything, you avoid it at all costs. But you let him do it anyway. Because you love Baekhyun and you know he wouldn't hurt you.

 

△▽△▽△▽△

 

"Really? The grocery store?" You grumble as you walk alongside Baekhyun who is pushing a cart. You have your arms across your chest and you are pouting slightly.

Baekhyun laughs, pulling your elbow so that he can wrap his arm around your waist. You grudgingly follow him with your arms still crossed in front of you. The boy squeezes your waist and you feel that it is unfair that his habit of doing this is now your favourite action he can give to you. Apart from his kisses, of course.

"You look like a pouty little girl," Baekhyun sounds amused. "Do you want oppa to buy you candy?" He teases and you nudge his stomach. He coughs dramatically like it had hurt. "You're so rough..."

"Don't guys like it?" You mumble and Baekhyun gives you a look as he traces patterns on your waist. You slap his hand away, "I don't mean it that way, ert!"

"Let's break up so I can look for another gentler and more submissive girlfriend... And more understanding to my needs," Baekhyun mumbles and you pull his ear. You twist it and he whimpers, "I was kidding, I was kidding!!!"

"Yeah, you better be," you snap as you throw some candies into the cart.

You walk ahead of him and he speeds up until he is next to you again. Baekhyun runs a finger down your elbow to your hand in an attempt to help you simmer down. He holds your hand and pulls you to his side.

"Hey kitten," Baekhyun breathes in your ear and you suppress a shiver in order to look mad. "You know I won't leave you. No one can take you away from me unless you leave me." You couldn't help but hear that tinge of sadness in his voice.

"If I leave you, it's probably only when I have to go to the toilet, stupid..." You murmur and Baekhyun squeezes your hand.

"I like when you're all mushy," Baekhyun says against your cheek before he plants a kiss on it. You try to pull away but he pushes your face closer to him with his other hand. "Stop moving."

And you stop. Baekhyun gives a breathy chuckle in your ear. He traces his lips lightly from your ear to your cheek. You clutch on his shirt with your other hand tightly, and your breathing has stopped. He continues and stops at the corner of your lips.

"Love you," he says with his lips pressed on the ends of your lips. You shut your eyes really tight, your breathing slow and controlled. And then he captures your lips with his.

The both of you are at the end of the aisle and you know you are blocking the way. But you can't stop. Just like every time Baekhyun kisses you, you forget about everything else. It is where you can feel him and his love, where you know that he really loves you despite him assuring you everyday. And it is also where Baekhyun feels your sincere, pure love for him in spite of your stoic appearance.

Usually, it is always the girl in the relationship who needs the affirmation of her boyfriend's love. But in your relationship, Baekhyun is always the one who needs reassurance. You always greet him with a neutral expression—still a habit you find difficult to kick. He is always the one taking the initiative to hold your hand and the like.

Even though you can't assure him well enough, he understands your feelings only through your kisses. It's like everything that was unspoken and unrevealed by you, is shown through your kisses. Be it butterfly kisses, or pecks, or actual breathtaking, tongue-involved kisses. You know you are lacking as a girlfriend. And you know that you need to show Baekhyun that you really love him. You don't wanna let him go.

You never wanna let him go.  

When the both of you pull away from the lack of air, you realise that you had been clutching onto his shirt so tightly that there are wrinkles on his clothing. You give him a sheepish smile and he shakes his head while smiling fondly at you, telling you it's nothing.

"Your mother gave me the permission to cook for your family," Baekhyun finally explains. "Your dad's gonna be there too."

"You're cooking right? I'm just gonna keep you company, right?" Baekhyun gives you a disappointed look at you roll your eyes at him. You hold onto his arm as you follow him to the vegetable section. "You know how I am in the kitchen... I'm going to burn down the place before I even start."

Baekhyun chuckles as he examines some onions. He shrugs, "Okay, then just stay to keep me company."

"Can my brother do it instead? I wanna sleep," you are kind of whining and even though you don't do it to anyone, Baekhyun is an exception.

He glares at you and scolds, "You're my girlfriend, maybe you should act like one." You parrot after him in a terrible imitation of his voice that sounds like a grandmother. "I do not sound like that!" Baekhyun snaps.

"I love you."

Baekhyun groans, "I love you too but you make it so hard for me, kitten!!!" You laugh heartily as he continues, "It's like you're born to torture me."

"I love you."

"Shut up, I hate you."

"But I loooooove you."

"You're so annoying."

"Says the one," you retort and pinch his arm. You kick his shin as well. When he gives you a What The Hell look, you shrug, "That's for ignoring my love confessions."

"Those were not love confessions..." Baekhyun grumbles. There are only a few things left to buy and Baekhyun is taking care of everything.

"They so were! I said 'I love you' thrice!"

"Well, then I love you too."

"That's not counted," you huff in annoyance. The both of you are playing and both parties know that. "I think I love Sehun more than I love you."

"He's not even your boyfriend!" The boy cries indignantly.

"Who said I can't love my best friend more than my boyfriend? No—"

"I say so!"

"Your opinion does not matter," you smirk as you walk away from him and to the counters to pay since everything is done.

When Baekhyun reaches next to you, he wraps his arm around your waist from behind and idly taps on your hipbone. You lean your back on his chest and he kisses your head. No matter what you say to annoy him, in the end, your love for him still overpowers everything else.

When you guys have finished paying, you call your driver to get you home since there are too much to carry. Now, you are seated on the counter next to where Baekhyun is cutting up stuff. You are swinging your leg as you watch him, occasionally talking about random things.

"Who's that girl you were eating with today, by the way?" You are truly curious and Baekhyun's delusional mind has labelled you as jealous.

"Are you jealous?"

You snort, "Jealous? I have Sehun, why—" You stop because he threw the skins of the carrots at you. "Ewww!!!"

You hop off the counter and brush everything off of you. Baekhyun is gurgling with laughter and you smack his back. "You're so annoying!!! I hate you!"

"Who do you hate?" A man's voice comes from behind you and you immediately know it's your father. It's no longer a shock if he comes home in time for dinner. If you have changed, so did your father.

"Him!" You exclaim, pointing at your boyfriend.

"Are you sure it's not the other way around?" Your father teases as he walks towards the both of you. You're about to retort when he asks, "What are you doing?"

"I'm cooking dinner, sir," Baekhyun answers politely.

"No, I mean my daughter," he turns to you with a mocking raised eyebrow.

"I'm helping out."

"By doing nothing?"

"Yes," Baekhyun and you reply. Your father sniggers and pats Baekhyun on the back.

"Please tame her and keep up the good work," your father leaves the both of you alone and you glare at Baekhyun.

"He so loves you," you mumble in annoyance.

"No, he doesn't," Baekhyun is still insecure about your father's attitude towards him, still thinking that your father dislikes him.

That night of the dinner that changed your life, Baekhyun and your father had came in with unreadable expressions. You remembered your heart falling to your feet, thinking that something had gone wrong. Everyone in that table were thinking the same thing as well. Baekhyun's parents, your mother and your brother are all extremely in favour of the both of your relationship but everything boils down to your father.

And with Baekhyun looking like nothing good, or bad, had happened, you didn't know what else to feel other than rejection. You had expected your father to say yes... But Baekhyun's expression didn't confirm you of that. For the rest of the dinner, everyone avoids the topic of you and Baekhyun's relationship. Even your brother knows that it was not to be talked about.

Throughout the night though, Baekhyun is still acting as he normally does towards you. His skinship had never toned down. You tried not to think that he was doing it only because it was the last day that he was able to do that. Even after the dinner, Baekhyun said nothing. Neither did your father. And since you went back with your family, you didn't really get to question Baekhyun.

But the day after that, Baekhyun showed up at your place. The maids had let him in and you woke up to Baekhyun's face right next to yours. You remembered waking up really late because it was a Saturday. But you were greeted with Baekhyun's soft smile the moment you woke. You stared at him for a long time and he chuckled before giving you a soft kiss on your lips. You hadn't even realised that you were snuggling into his embrace as he held you while you slept.

You remembered how relieved you felt, but also how confused, how blissful, how unsure, how grateful. And the memory of the first words Baekhyun said that day is still so fresh in your mind.

"Ready for your first official date as my girlfriend?" Baekhyun grinned and smoothed his thumb on your hips.

"My father consented?!" You were still surprised, so much so that you didn't care how your voice sounded or how your breath smelled.

"Mmhmm," the boy gave you a smug look as he closed his eyes and nodded.

"But yesterday..." You trailed off, wanting him to explain.

"Your father and I wanted to tease you," he tried to cover his laughter with the back of his hand but he still blurted a giggle.

You sat up at once, hitting Baekhyun who was still laying on the bed. You slapped his arm, his waist, his thigh. You even pinched him. The boy was stunned for a moment before the pain caught up with him. He started squealing and yelping. He got up and grasped both your wrists and held it down with his strong arms. You sighed and leaned towards him.

He did the same, going in for a kiss. But when he had his eyes shut, you dipped your head and bit on his shoulder hardly.

"JESUS CHRIST, KITTEN!!!!!" Baekhyun screamed and you smirked. He let go of your hands and held onto his shoulder like it was going to disassemble from his body.

"You're the worst boyfriend ever," you grumbled, leaning your back on the wall beside your bed.

"I wasn't the one biting my girlfriend," he whined and you laughed. You ran your hand through your hair as you watched Baekhyun looking at you with a painful expression that you knew was fake. He was rubbing the exact spot which you bit.

Just remembering how your first few moments of being an official couple were like, it makes you laugh. It wasn't a mushy, lovey dovey reunion. If anything, it was disastrous and rough. But it was special. If you were given the chance to redo that day, you wouldn't get up early because you knew Baekhyun was coming. You were still going to sleep your off. You wouldn't brush your teeth before you spoke because you wanted to look and smell good for your boyfriend. You wanted to punish him for being a tease the night before.

It was perfect for the both of you. Baekhyun's been your boyfriend for almost half a year and you really hope the honeymoon period wouldn't fade so early. You want to love Baekhyun as long as you can, as long as he would let you. And apparently, so does Baekhyun.

"Try this, kitten," the boy sticks a finger in front of you with red sauce. He makes a face, "I don't know, I think it's kinda sour."

You lean forward and he inserts his finger into your mouth when you open it. You flick your tongue over his finger and the sauce as Baekhyun stares intently at you. You his finger to clean the sauce completely. Then you lean back.

"I think it's okay," you shrug as you watch him his finger, cleaning the rest of the sauce which you missed.

"I know, I just wanted to see you do that." You give him a weird look and he laughs. "You looked really y, by the way." He wriggles his eyebrows and you slap his arm.

Baekhyun stands in front of you, in between your legs. His hands are on your thighs as he leans in for a kiss. You sigh as if you are sick of it and he pinches you—a habit learnt from you. You laugh and lean towards him as well. He pecks you on the lips once, twice, before he goes all out in capturing your lips with his. Your hand goes to the back of his neck, pulling him closer.

When the both of you are satisfied and breathless, you pull away. Baekhyun and you blurt at the same time, "I love you."

"Ewww, noona and Baekhyun hyung were kissing!!!!! Ewwwwwwwww!!!!!!" Your brother yells for everyone to hear.

Your eyes widen as you scream, "Yah, shut up!!!!! Yah!!!!!"

Baekhyun can only stare at you in fascination as you shout at your brother. And he wonders how lucky he is to have such a girlfriend who is dominating but loving, tough but soft, cold but warm, everything in polar opposites. 


Author's note:

Wheeeeeeee! Just nice on the 20th chapter! I'm not sure if you guys want more but if you do, I might be able to add an epilogue~ 

Anyways, thank you all for your patience! Thank you all for everything, even though this story wasn't that good. Thank you for being so supportive and kind! I'm really grateful to every single one of you readers!!

Now, I'll focus more on my studies but I'll also try to update my two other EXO fics! If you want more of my stories, you can give them a read. ^-^

His Dark Side

The Three C's

See you around
xoxo