13

Unravelled

* Longest chapter so far but don't worry. The amount of fluff that you will get is unbelievable...


You have your phone to your ear as you nibble on your thumbnail. It is four in the afternoon and your maid had come into your room to present you with an envelop. And the moment you read the content, you dialed for the only person you could think of to share the news with.

"Hello?" He is whispering since he is probably in class. "Kitten, I'm in a lecture right now."

"You still picked up, didn't you?" You rebutted. He makes a sound at the back of his throat. So you continue, "I've been accepted to Seoul University, Baek."

He is quiet for a moment and then you hear a lot of rustling. When he speaks again, Baekhyun's voice is normal again. He must have gotten out of the lecture theatre. "Really?" He sounds shocked but you hear his smile through the phone.

"Mmhmm," you lean back on your headboard. "And to medicine!"

"Aw, my baby," he coos, chuckling. "I'm really happy for you, kitten. We need to meet for a celebratory dinner!"

"With the re—"

"No," his tone is strict and firm. "Just us. I'll come get you at your place. See you after school, okay?" You hum in agreement. He continues, "Okay, see you, kitten. Miss you."

"You just saw me two days ago..." You grumble to your phone when he hangs up the call. But you are smiling.

You get ready for dinner around five in the evening and decide to leave the house earlier. Since it is almost summer, you feel really good because you are prone to the cold. The weather today isn't too hot and the flowers are really pretty. Taking a bus, you reach the campus. You know that Baekhyun's class will end in half an hour, so you take the time to look for his car in the car park.

It took you the entire half an hour to do so and you are sweating when you sit on the hood of his car. Despite the fact that the carpark is about the size of half a football field, you still persevered. You wait for a little longer and a smile creeps onto your face when you see Baekhyun walking towards the car while he rummages his bag for something. Once he retrieves his hand with his car keys, he swings his bag onto his back again. He stops when he sees you perched on his car.

A beautiful, adorable smile replaces the slight frown on his face. Striding towards you purposefully, he stands a few meters away from you. You wonder why he is not coming closer as he speaks for where he is, "I thought I told you I'll get you from your home."

You shrug and he comes closer until he is standing in front of you. You look down at him as he gazes up at you with a fond expression. He uncrosses your legs, then places his hands on your hip. He pulls you closer until your legs are on either side of him. "You missed me too, didn't you?" He grins and you blow a raspberry.

"You wish, Byun Baekhyun."

"I do," he nods, giving you a naughty smile. He leans forward and kisses you on the cheek, "Let's go, kitten, I'm hungry."

"Where are we eating at?" You ask as he carries you effortlessly down the hood. He circles his arms around your waist with no space in between your bodies.

He bobs his shoulders up and down, "You can choose."

"Chicken!"

"Stop hanging out with Jongin, please," he chuckles as he ruffles your hair. "The next thing I know, you'll be going around without socks and smirking at everyone you see."

You laugh, "Jongin doesn't do that!"

Baekhyun gives you a lopsided grin and you feel a sense of comfort and security wash over you. Your heart is palpitating against his chest and you hope that he cannot feel it. He pushes your hair off your shoulders.

"Come on, I'm hungry," his fingers on the other hand taps your hip. He gives you a peck on your cheek again and this time, you blush. His eyebrow quirks in amusement but he doesn't say anything. The boy takes your hand and after he unlocks his car, he sits you in the passenger seat and wears your seatbelt for you again.

"Do the others know?" Baekhyun asks when he gets in the car. He stretches to the backseat to put his bag there and you notice how broad his chest is. But you quickly snap your eyes up to his face before he sees you staring. You shake your head in a response to his question when he looks back at you. "Oh? You came to me first?"

"Only because you did it too," you tell him because you are sure he is getting smug already.

"Sure, cupcake," he says sarcastically, laughing. Yup, he definitely has his head up high in the clouds now.

He drives off and the both of you talk about your day. Baekhyun is smiling the entire time and you don't know that it is because you are smiling a lot more than before lately. But you decide that you love his smile and you don't want to see him unhappy. Even though you are comfortable with the others boys, you realise that only with Baekhyun, you feel happy. Like you didn't have to think of anything else, just savouring the moment. Maybe it is owed to the fact that while the five of them are predictable, you know what Baekhyun wants. And he doesn't even want to hide himself from you unlike how you do to him.

And you're grateful for that. Because even though you were avoiding him like a plague before, you're now opening up to him. And if he actually pushes you away, you are sure that you're going to go into a really lock yourself away. You built that wall separating you and others because you didn't want to get hurt. But now that Baekhyun broke through, you're disorientated because this is the first time. It's like you cannot see anything ahead of you because everything is foggy and you don't like it. It's as if every step that you will take, you might just step into nothing and fall into the darkness.

"What are you thinking about?" You feel Baekhyun's hand massaging the back of your neck and you snap out of your reverie. Turning to him, you see that he looks worried. You shake your head, looking forward again. He speaks up, his hand still kneading your tensed muscle. "You're concerned about something. Tell me, kitten."

You shake your head again, "Nothing... I'm just wondering how Jongin's and Sehun's application went." It isn't exactly a lie, you just didn't tell him what is actually the main concern in your head right now.

"Sehun got into Seoul U too," Baekhyun informs you and you scowl.

"He didn't tell me anything!"

"He wants to give you a surprise," the boy laughs, retracting his hand. "By the way, act like you didn't know what I just told you."

You huff in annoyance, "Why would he want to give me a surprise just because he got into Seoul U?"

"Because he knows that you will get into Seoul U, kitten."

"And how would he know?" Baekhyun glances at you in amusement, aren't you a little irascible right now?

"Because he believes you can. Now shut up." You scoff in disbelief when he asks you to keep quiet. Before you can say anything though, he stops the car and gets out. You blink, realising that you guys have probably arrived at the restaurant. Baekhyun opens your door and crosses his arms. "You want me to get you in and out of the car, cupcake? Isn't that too much?"

You blush, punching his shoulder, "No! I was just—"

He laughs really cutely and you feel relieved again. "I know, I was just teasing you."

"Well, I hate you," you mumble when you get out of the car.

Baekhyun's hand sneaks to your waist, pulling you so that you are hip-to-hip. "Sure, cupcake. Of course you hate me." His head is already growing bigger, you swear.

He shuts the door behind him and locks the care while walking you off towards the restaurant that he recommends. His fingers are tapping against your hipbone, keeping you so close that you can feel him breathing in your ear. There is a lot of people since it is dinner time and everyone had finished with their long day at work or at school. So Baekhyun has to keep you safe from the crowd, making sure that you are close to him and never far away.

The restaurant that the both of you entered is packed with people. The tables are arranged really close to each other and you doubt that there is any space for people to walk. The place is noisy, too. You never liked noisy places, but judging from the food on the tables, the food here must be really good. And you might also be drooling right now. A waitress comes to ask if you guys made a reservation and Baekhyun says no. She frowns, telling you guys that there is no table for two at the moment unless you are willing to wait.

"She can sit on my lap," Baekhyun teases and you gasp, glancing at the waitress who looks amused.

"He's kidding," you shake your head at the waitress, flustering. "We'll wait." When the lady leaves, you send Baekhyun a death glare and pinch his arm. "You're so annoying!"

"I was just kidding!" He yells, laughing. "Besides, it would have been more romantic if you are gonna be on my lap."

"Byun Baekhyun!" You shriek, pinching him repeatedly as he cackles at your irritated expression. Are you blushing?

"Stop abusing me, kitten!" Baekhyun scolds, grabbing your hands and pulls them to his back, at the same time making you fall into his chest. He stuffs your hands into his back pockets and wraps his arms around your shoulder. Ugh, he is the touchiest the person ever. "I like you touching me like this, not injuring me."

You roll your eyes but press your cheek into his chest even more. You never liked couples who publically display their affection. But that is exactly what you and Baekhyun look like right now. You don't care, though. Because you feel safe here, with him in his arms. The male kisses the top of your head and drops his arms, as if ready to let go. He is befuddled when you still haven't brought your hands down. He is not directing his smile at anyone now, just really happy that you enjoy his presence as much as he likes yours.

"Table for two?" The same waitress comes back and the both of you look up at her. Reluctantly, you withdraw your hands from Baekhyun's pockets and follow the lady with the boy behind you, his fingers already intertwining with yours like he cannot endure a second without your touch. 

The lady gestures to a table that is adjoined to two other tables and places two menus on it. She leaves and you look at Baekhyun. How will any of you going to get to the other side? He lets go of your hand and shoots his pretty smile to the adjacent two tables. The customers return their smiles as they push their tables to the side to provide a narrow space for you to walk through. You have to walk in sideways while Baekhyun covers the back of your thighs so that the contact with the table will only touch his hand and not hit the things off the surface.

You can finally breathe when you sit on the other side. Baekhyun smiles, sitting down too and passing you the menu. You look up from the menu to see him focusing on it. "You're paying, right?"

The stupid boy looks up like he is confused, "What? But you're the one who is supposed to—" He must have seen you annoyed face and he chuckles, "I'm kidding, kitten. Of course I'm paying. I'll always pay when I'm out with you."

"Because you are very rich," you blow a raspberry. He glares at your sarcasm. "One day we'll go out and I will pay for everything," you tell him firmly and he shrugs, going back to the menu. "It's a date then, oppa."

Baekhyun's head snaps up and you almost jump when you see the sudden movement. You had already gone back to examining the menu when he did that. You give him a weird look as he stares at you, dumbfounded. Lifting an eyebrow, you ask him what his problem is.

"A d–date?" He repeats. That's when you realise why he is so stunned.

Your eyes widen, "No, not a date-date. Like, um... A date. A date where we—"

"It's a date-date."

You fix your eyes on Baekhyun, who has regained his confidence. He has a really happy smile on his face and his eyes are already unseen. Your heart swells at the sight of him looking like a kid who had been brought to Disneyland. And you promise that you will always strive to keep that smile on his face—the exact same one. Even if you hadn't meant it as a date-date, you agree to him.

 

△▽△▽△▽△

 

"Hello!!!" Jongin and Sehun arrive in your room at one in the afternoon, waking you up from your slumber.

"How can you sleep for so long?!" Sehun flies to your bed, laying his head on your pillow too.

You groan, flopping onto the other side so that you can sleep without Sehun shouting in your face. But you are not given the chance to fall asleep because the boys grab your arms and pulls you to sit upright.

"Don't make me... Punch you guys," you mumble sleepily and they laugh at your cuteness.

"Aww, come on, sleeping beauty. We brought cake!" Jongin brushes your hair away.

"Cake?" You try to open your eyes but you can't. So you yank them open with your fingers. You hear Sehun and Jongin guffawing but you are too sleepy know that it is because of your childish actions. "Where?"

"In my stomach," the idiot replies. When he catches your glare, he smirks, holding up a plastic bag, "It's here, it's here!"

"What's the special occasion?" You rub the sleep out of your eyes.

"It's your birthday!" Sehun sings. Your birthday is in November and it is nowhere near the third-quarter of the year. Unless you forgot your own birthday. Which is highly unlikely. Or maybe Sehun is just really bad at dates.

"No, it's not."

"Yeah, it's not."

"Get out of my house," you point to the door.

Sehun hugs you from the side, "No~~~" You smack his head really hard and he yelps, "Yah!"

"It's to celebrate our acceptance to our dream schools!" Jongin says, pulling Sehun away from you in case you decide to whack him again.

"So you got into that dance school, Jongin?" You turn to him, blinking innocently and he ruffles your hair, nodding. "Aww, I'm so proud of you!" You pull him into a very tight embrace. That school is the most prestigious school in all of Korea for Fine Arts like dance. Even some people from foreign countries leave their comfort zone just to apply to be accepted in that school. On top of that, you have to go through a series of interviews until they accept the best out of the best. So it makes you really proud to know that Jongin had been accepted.

"Ah... I could get used to this," Jongin murmurs, hugging you back with the same intensity.

"Excuse me?!?!?!" Sehun stucks his arms in between your bodies and then spreads them to separate the two of you. "Am I transparent here?!?!?!"

"Oh, come here, you big baby," You laugh, pulling him to you as well. He hugs you back, burying his nose in your hair.

"You stink, cupcake." Only Sehun knows when and how to spoil a moment. You push him away roughly and he chuckles. "I'm joking, you smell really nice. Even though I'm sure you haven't showered in a few days because judging from your looks— Ouch!" You had just twisted his ear in a not-very-loving manner.

"Say more, Oh Sehun. I dare you," you warn and he looks terrified for his life. Rolling your eyes, you turn to Jongin. "The cake?"

"We actually don't know what cake you like— So we got a strawberry shortcake, I hop—"

"I like strawberry shortcake!"

"Hey, I really like you when you just wake up. You're so much nicer," Jongin points out.

Sehun groans, "She just damaged my cartilage, Jongin!"

"Because you are being a douchebag, Sehun," Jongin calmly tells him as he starts taking out the cake from the box. You are drooling already and it is probably because you have slept past breakfast and lunch.

Jongin and Sehun starts lighting up three candles and you think it is totally unnecessary. It is, afterall, just a celebration for getting into university. It isn't something to look forward to, really. But if it floats their boats, whatever. It is a small cake that can be finished by the three of you if you really tried to gorge yourselves. It is awkward when you guys don't know what to do to the candles and you sigh heavily like you are tired of their stupidity. Blowing the fire out, you chuck the candles at them.

"My shirt!"

"My face!"

They are so gay.

 

△▽△▽△▽△

 

"Hey, kitten," the only guy who calls you that purrs into your ear. You moan, people really need to stop waking you up from your sleep. "Wake up," Baekhyun kisses your cheek. "Wake up," then he kisses your nose. "Wake up," your closed eyes. "Wake up," your forehead.

You crinkle your nose, finally cracking an eye open, "I'm awake! Now, will you stop slobbering all over my face?"

"No," he says, kissing your cheek again.

"You're unbelievable," you mutter, flipping to your side. He falls on top of you and then hugs you from behind. "Baek, stop it."

"We're going on a date today, cupcake. I can do this, can't I?"

"No."

"Whatever," he presses his body closer to you and you sigh in frustration. Since when did he get so fond of skinship? Even though he is hugging you from outside the blanket, you still feel your body heating up at the closeness. "Will you wake up now? Or do we have to spend the entire day in your bed?"

"That sounds pretty promising."

"I will not allow that," he growls into your ears, letting go of you at once. You scowl at the emptiness of his arms around you. But then you yelp when he yanks you up.

"Then why did you even ask?" You grumble.

"Because I want to know how much our date means to you. Apparently it is not even worth getting out of your bed for." Why does he sound so annoyed?

Immediately, you stand up, "I'm going to shower now. Don't be mad, oppa. I just—"

"Just what?"

"Really love my bed."

"Wow," he nods sarcastically. "It's really nice to know that you would choose an inanimate object over me anytime."

"Just pick out my outfit, whatever," you wave a dismissive hand at him as you walk away and to the bathroom.

By now, you know that Baekhyun will be out of your room once you are done showering. You see that he had chosen a white dress with black polkdots on them. This is the only girly dress that you like and you smile when you see it. It clings onto your body really nicely, showing the curves. It has a skater skirt that gives it a fun and chic look. At the foot of your bed is a pair of black converse. Tying your hair into a ponytail, you go out of your room with a small, vintage maroon bag.

Your mother is talking to Baekhyun again. What is really shocking was that your father is there too. And you can feel the tension in the air, but you're not sure why. You know that your mother can feel it too, because she is talking non-stop. She only does that when she is awkward. Clearing your throat, all their attention moves to you. Baekhyun's frown immediately cracks into a smile when he sees you walking towards him.

"We'll be off now, Mdm, Sir," the boy bows politely. He places a hand in between your shoulder blades and guides you out of the house. He lets go a deep breath and you wonder what possibly could have happened that he had to hold onto such a huge breath. But Baekhyun is grinning at you now, "Do you know where we're going?"

"Do you have a place in mind?" You ask and he thinks about it before nodding yes. "We'll go to wherever you wanna go. But I'm paying for everything."

You regret what you had said when you are in the arcade with him. Groaning, you buy a few tokens and Baekhyun leads you to a shooting game. You are really terrible at it because you can't seem to aim straight. Baekhyun laughs, letting himself get shot when you wraps his arms around you and guiding you. You are heating up from the way his breath is lingering on the spot behind your ear.

You manage to not get killed but you know that it is all Baekhyun's work since you were only paying attention to how his breath is tickling you and how his chest is pressed so firmly against your back. You guys play a round of hockey and you win against him with some dirty tricks like shifting his attention else where. When the two of you run out of tokens, the boy grasps your hand and brings you to a shopping mall. You think he is going to shop for clothes but he drags you into a candy store instead.

Baekhyun goes straight to the Mix & Match corner and picks out all gummy sweets. He grins at you boyishly and you cannot help but smile back. He is about to get his wallet out of habit but you stop him. Snatching his bag of sweets, you go to the counter and pay for him. Then you shove it to his chest. He thanks you and takes your hand instead of the bag.

"I meant the sweets, idiot," you roll your eyes.

He looks down at the sweets that you are holding onto and then back up at you. "Oh," he takes the bag and then intertwines your fingers with his. "This is my favourite," he says and then pushes a gummy into your mouth as you guys leave the place. He keeps feeding you everything he got there and you scream at him. "What? You don't like them?"

"I'm going to die of diabetes, Baekhyun!"

"I know I'm being really sweet but just—"

"I'm talking about the candies, fool!" You seize the dangerous bag from his grasp and look at him sternly. "You need to stay away from gummy sweets, Baek."

"But I like them," he frowns and you sigh.

You tug on his hand as he follows you dejectedly. "I'll feed you when I think you can take it." He immediately brightens up and brings you to a pet shop. "Baekhyun, I'm not buying you a dog."

"Who said I wanted a dog?" You are relieved until he says, "I want a bunny."

"Oppa!" 

"Kidding, kitten!" He laughs as he lets go of your hand. He is hugging your head to his chest and you can feel the way his chest vibrates from his laughter. The boy runs his hand down your arm and takes your hand again, bringing you out of the shop. "Are you hungry yet?"

"You just fed me sweets," you tell him matter-of-factly.

"I just fed you my love, don't be mean," he looks at you seriously and you blush. He pinches your cheek, "Do you have any idea how much you've blushed today?" Please do not remind me, you stupid boy! "I think you look really nice with rosy cheeks."

"Shut up," you mutter and look down shyly.

Baekhyun grabs your face, tilting it upwards. You are staring at him grinning at you like an idiot. Then he kisses your rosy cheeks, making you flush even harder. Ugh, what are you doing to me, Byun Baekhyun?!


Author's note:

An update before my family gets here! I might be away for about a week but I will try to update when I can. I don't want to give you guys ty chapters so just wait patiently if I don't update for too long, okay? :-)

So how did you like this chapter?! There's so much fluff going on with Baekhyun and the lead and the interactions— UGH! I have a hint in this chapter as to what will happen in the future... So if you guys think you know... Get ready ;-)

Thank ya'll for the upvotes and subscriptions, by the way!!! And hello to my new readers (mostly from His Dark Side)! ^-^

If you guys wanna talk to me, you can follow me on twitter!

Till next time,

xoxo