To Like

The Girl who was send to me

“How school, Appa?” Miri asked me after I came home.

“How was school.” I corrected her.

“How was school?” she repeated and smiled as I approved.

“Good girl.” I her head when D.O entered the apartment behind me.

“Hello Miri.” he shoved himself between me and Miri as he smiled at her.

“D.O” she remembered the name of him. Suddenly D.O began to touch her cheeks and shoulders.

“W-What are you doing?” I asked half confused half shocked and pulled him away as I saw that she felt uncomfortable. D.O didn't answer. He watched how I went next to Miri and asked if she was alright.

 

After the strange situation I went to teaching Miri new words while D.O was silently watching us. I leaned close to her to show her how the explained words were written and looked directly in her eyes as I explained how you use them.

“Kai, do you like her?” he suddenly spoke up. I spit out the water which I was drinking in this moment.

“Like?... To feel affection to someone.” Miri blurted out as she repeated what she had learned.

“Nonononono. I mean that's right what you said.” I turned from D.O to Miri.

“But I just take care of her. Nothing else.” I directed D.O again while I calmed down.

“Oh.” he acted normal but secretly he was smiling inside.

 

Later, when we were lying on the blanket, D.O and I were talking while Miri already fell asleep. We were talking about stuff like school until D.O suddenly changed the topic.

“Do you like someone right now?” he laid on his back, looking at the ceiling.

“No. You?” I remained still even tough I was a bit surprised by his question.

“Yes.” he answered calmly.

“Really? Does she know?” I rolled my head towards him.

“No. The person doesn't know.” his voice sounded sad.

“Why don't you confess?” I asked bluntly.

“Should I?” D.O now looked at me too.

“Yes. I mean. You can't know if she likes you back when you don't talk to her.” I continued.

“Maybe I should really tell it...” he faced the ceiling again. Soon we fell asleep too.

 

The next day we have to leave Miri alone again. This time I didn't want to let her alone with Kris. Not that I think that he did something to her, it's just that I don't want to ask for another favor from my landlord.

After we left Miri stood in the living room. Already starting to wait for me to return. She slowly bent her knees and sat down while she stared at the door. Her hand wandered to her chest.

“Appa... Appa means father... father is the male parent... fathers do take care of their children. Kai is my Appa...? Kai takes care of me... but why does my chest feels so strange when Appa is around?” she murmured to herself.

 

“I'm back.” I put my shoes aside as I walked in.

“Appa.” she kind of sounded upset.

“Hey, what's wrong?” I touched her head is I leaned closer to face her sadden face.

“I feel strange... here.” her finger pointed at her chest.

“Huh? Does it hurt?” my hands were on her shoulders.

“No.” she shook her head.

“Hm.. maybe we should visit Baekhyun.” I turned around and took my shoes again.