Thoughts

The Girl who was send to me

The next morning I was watching Television with Miri next to me. Well, she was watching while I was sunken deep in my thoughts until my ringing phone snapped me back.

“Kai?” a guy called for me on the other side of the phone.

“Doctor?” I recognized the voice.

“We have to talk. Meet me.” he shortly said and hung up. I sighed by his orders but he was the one of those whom I trust.

“I'll be back.” I shouted to Miri as I wore my shoes. A few seconds later she came to me and handed me umbrella. I eyed her curious as she looked up to me. She pointed at the Television where the weather forecast was running.

“Ah, thank you.” I smiled at her and she smiled back at her.

 

“What is it, doctor?” I directly asked as the man opened the door for me.

“I have found something. And please don't call me doctor. My name is Baekhyun.” he led me inside.

“Ok. What have you found, Baekhyun?” I followed him while being curious.

“I researched a bit about project XOXO and the labor. This project was a join project with another party but I don't know yet who or what.” he explained as he sat across from me in his chair.

“And what does it mean?” I wriggled my eyebrows.

“Something or nothing.” he sunk in his thoughts.

“What do you mean, Baekhyun?” I called him back.

“I don't know what the other party did to her or if she's still important to them. So it may be that they want her back or do something to her.” he looked worried at me. I silently nodded as a sign of understanding.

“Just take good care of her and I try to figure more out.” he patted my shoulder.

“Alright. Thank you.” I looked to him.

“No problem. I think she deserves a life outside the labor.” he grinned at me and I chuckled lightly.

 

I walked the dark streets home as my thoughts were stuck on the new facts. What could that mean to her? Do I really have to give her away? But she is a girl who should live like one. They would put her pack in a labor inside some container with chemicals without communication with other people. I don't want her to be taken away... from me. Why does this thought make me so sad? It's not like she's my family. She's just a girl I have to take care of. But still I worry about her and want to make her happy. Why is it like this? What is this girl doing to me? It's just strange...

 

At the side I noticed a mother carrying her child who was sleeping. Suddenly the baby woke up and began to cry. She shushed the child and it's head carefully to calm it down. The expression the mother head while she was caring for the baby was filled with warmth. Warmth Miri never could experience. She was raised by scientist in white coats who only studied her. They may took care of her, physically but she didn't talk to those people. Like a decoration she stayed still and remained silent for their experiments.

 

I silently walked home while thinking about this situation.