After School

The Girl who was send to me

It was Monday, which meant that I have to go to school.

“Listen, I have to leave. Don't leave the apartment, alright?” I talked to her while I got ready. She sat on her legs on the couch while she moved her head to tell me she that she understood.

“Good girl.” I her hair and she smiled by my touch.

“Well, goodbye.” I waved to her and went to the door.

“Goodbye.” she copied me and waved at me. I chuckled as if I was proud when she learned new things. It's seldom to hear her voice, which is sad because the sound is really likeable.

 

As is reached the school I was greeted by D.O.

“Where is Miri?” he waved as he walked over to me.

“At home. Where else?” I walked past him and ignored his stare.

“Doesn't she have to go to school too?” he caught up with me.

“What do you mean?” I finally turned to my best friend.

“You know. Going to school like a normal girl. Meeting friends, learning and graduate. She has to do those things too. You can't treat her like a pet.” D.O talked as he looked forward before he turned to me.

“Uhm...” I thought about it for a while but my friend decided for me.

“Come on, let's get her an uniform and register her so she can study.” he laid his arm around my shoulder and led me to the office.

 

As I came back I found Miri where she was when I left.

“I'm back.” I called as I took my shoes off.

“Appa!” she cheered as she ran towards me and jumped happily.

“Are you doing well?” I patted her soft hair as I walked inside my apartment.

“Hm.” she nodded and smiled while she ran after me.

“Look what I got you.” the bag with the girls school uniform swung in my hands in front of her. She tilted her head confused as she didn't know the content.

“You will go to school now.” I pulled the clothes out of the bag and gave them her. She felt the cloth before she looked up again ans smiled at me, showing that she was happy. Even though I think she doesn't know what school is. But she will manage it. I will take care of her.

“Do you want to try it on?” I watched her as I pointed at the uniform. Again, she nodded and went to the bedroom. She does have some commonsense.

“Appa?” she shyly called me, tearing me out of my thoughts. She nervously pulled on the skirt as she stood in front of me.

“You look really pretty.” I smiled and walked over her.

“T-Thank-k yo-ou.” she stuttered. I was shocked that she learned these words without my help and immediately petted her head as reward.

“You're such a good girl.” I caressed her cheeks while I looked in her eyes. She gave a eye smile before she left my grip to go back to the bedroom and change her clothes again.

 

After eating I sat down to do some homework. Since she looked bored I gave her some papers and pencils too s and she sat besides me to draw. When I finished my work I looked over to her and noticed a wonderful painted picture.

“What is that?” pointing my finger at the paper I looked at her.

“A... star.” she searched for the word but found it quickly.

“It's beautiful.” I leaned closer to her and she turned her head to me.

“What is beautiful?” her eyes were big as she stared at me.

“Uhm... You're beautiful. It's when you think something is reeeaaaally pretty.” I explained her.

“Appa is beautiful!” she suddenly said with a wide smile on her face.

“No. I think not.” I laughed while scratching the back of my head. Miri just stared at me blankly.