Rescue

The Girl who was send to me

“Kris, how do you know about Miri?“ I asked while we were climbing the stairs.

“There we are.” he ignored my question as we stood in front of a closed door.

“Miri!!” I shouted over the top of my lungs as I saw her in the small room.

“Appa!” she immediately answered and wanted to stand up but the guy next to her held her back.

“So you're her 'Appa'. I'm sorry, but I have to take her back.” a man shoved himself in front of her.

“Take her back?” I asked confused.

“Forget it. The project has ended. There is nothing you have to do with her anymore!” Kris suddenly shouted at the stranger.

“Kris...” I looked at him surprised.

“Hyung, he's right.” the man who was holding Miri back said.

“No. All this work wasn't for nothing. I just need to do a little more research!” the older shook his head in denial and closed his eyes. We took this in advantage. I dashed forward and lifted Miri up while Kris pushed the older aside to grab the younger man's hand and dragged him along too.

 

No one said a word while we were running away from the big building which I only now recognized as a labor.

“Why did you take me with you?” the young man looked at Kris who panted from the running.

“So you don't have to work under him anymore. I know you don't want to.” he slowly turned to the man who blushed as soon as they made eye contact.

 

Finally we sat in the living room of Kris. The atmosphere was calm since Miri peacefully slept on the couch.

“Can you please explain us what your relation to Miri is?” Baekhyun broke the silence since I couldn't force myself to do it.

“To tell the truth...” the tall blond man sighed.

“You know that she is made in a labor, right?” Tao suddenly interfere.

“Yes. The labor where my uncle works. That's why she is living with me.” I explained to the young boy.

“Well, I worked there too.” Kris sighed.

“So you were a part of the project?” I became excited.

“Yes. Xiumin and me too. We were from a another company who participated in this project. We were working together because it was a illegal experiment. So we were send by a secret organization.” Tao explained his situation. I calmly listened to him until it was Kris turn.

“As for me, I am not really a scientist.” he stopped for a while.

“What were you doing then?” I asked because I couldn't hold back my curiosity.

“I was the DNA donor. Which means I am kind of her real father.” his voice sounded serious.

“... my real father?” a soft voice said I behind us. Miri woke up and heard our conversation.

“Kai isn't my Appa?” she slowly walked over to us and we watched her.

“No, Miri. Kai isn't your father. I am. But Kai is something else to you.” Kris lead her and let her sit on his lap. I eyed Kris confused.

“You know, those strange feelings.” his finger landed on her chest.

“Do you know the word 'Love'?” he looked directly at her.

“Love?” she repeated the word.

“It means you really like someone. You would do anything for him. You're sad when he is sad and it makes you happy when he is happy.” Kris shows now his smile.

“I really like Kai...” she slowly realizes.

“No. You love him.” Kris tilted her head to face him.

“And that is a good thing. I'm really happy for you that you finally can feel true emotions.” he put a strain of hair behind her ear.

“I love Kai?” she said, still confused.

“You don't have to understand yet.” he squeezed her shoulder. The rest of us were just watching them silently without interfering.