Kris

The Girl who was send to me

“Miri-ah. Don't stand still like a robot. Relax.“ Chanyeol called her.

“Robot?“ her eyes wandered to me questioningly.

“Uhm... It's a machine which is build by people.” I explained her while she listened carefully.

“...” her eyes became empty while she thought about this word. Suddenly tears began to form in her eyes.

“M-Miri? What's wrong?” I worried because of her expression.

“Yifan...” she said just loud enough for me to hear. Yifan? That's the real name of my landlord. What does she have to do with him? Did he do anything to Miri!?

“Miri?” I called her again when I was about to panic.

“... Huh? Appa?” her eyes got their sparkle back as she looked up to me.

“What was that?” the others on the table asked after they saw Miri too.

“I don't know. That was the first time...” I tilted my head.

 

As we walked home she behaved just like before. Like nothing happened. But in my it was still stuck that she said Kris' name. Did he really do nothing to her? Or are they in a way related? I have no idea.

“Kris!” she suddenly became excited as she saw the landlord.

“Hello, Miri-ah.” he gave her a small smile.

“Coming back from school?” he directed me.

“Uh.. yes...” I said while staring at him.

“Is something wrong?” his expression became lightly worried.

“Sorry for my question but, is it possible that you two met each other already? I mean before she lived with me.” I faced him with a serious look.

“No.” he chuckled.

“Oh. I'm sorry.” I bowed embarrassed.

“Kris. The doctor said that I am learning because it feels strange here.” Miri pointed at her chest like she did when we were at Baekhyun. I saw how Kris' face darkened but lighten up soon.

“Oh, that's great, right?” he acted strange.

“Yes. When I learned enough I don't have to burden Appa anymore.” she told him with her angelic smile. That's what she want? Leaving me when she can live by herself. It upsets me... Wait, why am I sad? I mean, everything I do is taking care of her. For my uncle. And when she can do it alone I don't have to worry anymore. But it's still not a great feeling.

“Do you hurt?” Miri snapped me back with a sad face.

“No. I don't feel pain.” I faked a smile.

“Come on. Let's go home.” I lead her inside after we bowed to Kris.

 

During the night I could sleep really bad. Thinking about Miri and Kris and My uncle made me having bad dreams. I was moving all the time until a soft sound waked me up fully. My hands were moving into nothing as I was felt next to me.

“Miri?” I called her as I realized that she was missing next to me. With her not answering me I rapidly stood up and turned the lights on. Nothing. After looking everywhere in my apartment I ran outside.

“Hello? Anyone at home!?” I knocked on the big door.

“Kai... what are you doing at this time.” Baekhyun opened the door while rubbing his eyes.

“I'm sorry, but did you see Miri?” I asked excited.

“What? No. Why?” he answered while Sehun appeared behind him.

“She went missing.” I panicked while I saw Baekhyun and Sehun grabbing their jackets.

“We'll help.” they closed the door after they walked outside.

We ran outside, everywhere where she already was. The school building, the city and we were even asking the others in my school if they have seen her. But no sign. She just suddenly disappeared in the middle of the night.