Developments

The Complications Shall Remain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day dawned bright, and Chanyeol could very well be the judge of that as he turned away from the sunlight pouring in through his window. He loved sleeping, and today, he could even sleep in since it was holiday, only...he couldn't.

Today was a perfect opportunity for Chanyeol to do something with Kris...anything, as long as it made Kris happy. He wanted Kris to like him, and he was willing to do anything for that to happen, even if it meant missing sleeping in.

Once Chanyeol was ready, dressed and all, he came out of his hotel room, flipping through his iPhone to see if he had gotten any messages, when he bumped into someone. His mobile went flying out of his hands.

"I'm sorry!" Chanyeol said, turning into the person he had just bumped into. It was Lay.

"Lay? What are you doing here?" Chanyeol bent down to pick his mobile. It wasn't cracked, thank God, because of the carpeted hotel corridor.

"Well, Xiumin told me the manager gave you the plans for the next concert, so I had just come to get them."

"Sorry," Chanyeol got up on his feet and slid his iPhone into his back pocket. "I handed them back to the manager when I was done going through them."

"Oh...I guess I should've called you before coming here. My mistake." Lay said, turning back toward the lift.

"Before you go," Chayeol said, placing a hand on Lay's shoulder. "I wanna ask you some things about Kris."

"Kris? What about him?"

"Well, you're both in EXO M right? So tell me, you know, his interests, likes, dislikes-"

 

Kris lay in his bed, thinking about the events of the previous day. Was he being too rude toward Chanyeol?

No, it's not my fault. Chanyeol should consider my feelings too...

But how could Chanyeol consider Kris's feelings if the guy didn't even know what was going in Kris's head?

Kris sighed, and got up from his bed. Walking to the kitchen, he grabbed a tumbler of water and poured himself a glass. Downing the cool liquid, he let it flow down his throat. After finishing the glass in a few more gulps, he sighed again.

This behavior...it was so unlike him. He was supposed to be the cool one of the group. The one who didn't let his heart get in the way of his composure, and yet here he was, living in an apartment that had paper plates and beer bottles lying all around. Empty takeout containers and wrappers everywhere. Clothes and shoes just strewn about. All this because...? He couldn't straighten out his emotions. Sheesh.

Kris lazily picked up his smartphone and saw that he had received a text from Baekhyun about an hour back.

Hey. Wanna grab coffee?

Kris was just going to type back a reply when the doorbell rang. He set his phone down on the kitchen counter and went to answer it.

"Hello, Baekhyun. I just saw your message-" He paused when he saw that it wasn't Baekhyun, but someone else.

"Chanyeol...?"

"Good morning!" Chanyeol announced, walking uninvited into Kris's apartment. He was holding two paper cups with the Starbucks logo imprinted on them.

"Coffee?" Chanyeol offered, hold

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter