In Love

The Complications Shall Remain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol’s eyes fluttered open, and met with the white hospital ceiling, their blinding lights making him squint. He soon recovered, and his hands gently touched over his hands and torso, only to notice that he had been changed into a rather comfortable gown.

Chanyeol sat up with difficulty, the pain still stinging where Minho had struck. There was no one in the room except him. He glanced over at the IV bag next to his bed and saw that it had been connected to his arm. He wanted to rip it off, the reason being he needed to find Kris. He had an unexplainable urge to see the older, even though he knew that by now Kris didn’t care about him.

Chanyeol’s thoughts were interrupted by a figure opening the door. Baekhyun came in, a bouquet of flowers in one hand and bonbons in the other. His eyes widened on seeing Chanyeol.

“You’re up? Oh, I am sorry, I should’ve asked for permission before entering…” Chanyeol weakly smiled at the boy, assuring him it was okay.

“Where’s Kris?” Chanyeol asked before he could control himself. His hands flew to his mouth, afraid he had asked the wrong question to the wrong person.

“You’ve been out for forty eight hours.” Baekhyun said, sitting near Chanyeol. “Kris was outside your room the whole time, refusing to leave. I finally coaxed him to go home and rest for a while. He left a few minutes ago.”

“Oh.” That was the only thing Chanyeol could manage.

“Do you hate me?” Baekhyun asked suddenly, his tone meek. Chanyeol looked at the boy in surprise.

“No. Why do you ask?”

“I-I was the one who brought Minho to SM.” Baekhyun confessed, head in hands. “I’m the reason you had to go through all this.”

“I know.” Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol, his mouth agape.

“Minho told me…before that.”

 “I was jealous.” Baekhyun explained, a guilty look on his face. “That’s why I dug up all the information I could about you. After finding about your and Minho’s history, I decided to bring him back into your life…so that he could interrupt what was blossoming between you and Kris.”

Chanyeol didn’t know what to say, so Baekhyun continued.

“I know that saying I’m sorry is not enough to be forgiven.” Baekhyun remorsefully said, fiddling with his thumbs. “But, I’m still going to say it. I’m sorry.”

“…” Chanyeol opened his mouth to talk, when he was interrupted.

“Baekhyun? Is this true?” Both set of eyes drifted to where the voice had come from, and both mouths fell when they saw a confused looking Kris standing near the doorway.

“Is this true?” Kris repeated, walking up to Baekhyun. “You-you’re the reason? You are the reason my Chanyeol almost ing died?”

“Kris!” Chanyeol cried. “Mind your language!”

“You’re right.” Kris almost spat, eyes still locked at Baekhyun. “He’s not worth all this trouble.” Angrily throwing to the ground the Tonaktsu take out Kris had gotten Chanyeol, he stormed out the room, fuming. Chanyeol looked over at Baekhyun, and saw that tears had developed in his eyes.

“Baekhyun, he didn’t mean it.” Chanyeol helplessly tried to convince the boy.

“No, he’s right.” Baekhyun said. “I’m not worth any trouble. And for what I did to you, this is the least horrible thing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter