Neaga, WOLF!

The Complications Shall Remain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"CHANYEOL!"

Kris's strong voice echoed throughout the forest. He had tried to reach Chanyeol on his phone a couple of times, but there was no reception, so Kris has resorted to shouting out for the boy.

"WHERE ARE YOU?!" He screamed again. "YEOL!"

His lungs were tired. But, his worry was what kept him going. He was running as fast as his legs could carry him. It was hard, to run and shout at the same time, but he wouldn't rest till Chanyeol was found.

He's probably far ahead by now, Kris thought, huffing and puffing. I need to hurry so that I can reach him before he runs into any sort of trouble.

 

Chanyeol smiled, looking up at the sky. It was a pleasant evening for a walk. He hoped the stroll would help clear his mind and that he would be able to think about the problems, or rather, problem that was going on in his life.

That problem was Kris.

What was he to do? He wanted to leave the boy alone, but when he tried to, he found that he couldn't. The stress was driving him crazy.

I think I'm about to reach, Chanyeol said, recognizing his surroundings. About time too. It's soon going to get dark.

Suddenly, Chanyeol heard a rustle behind him. He froze in his steps, not daring to take a look back. The rustles were getting frequent....and louder. As if...as if someone was progressing toward him.

A...wild animal? Chanyeol's imagination started getting the better of him. His fists clenched then unclenched. Swallowing his own spit, he turned around and started walking again, taking bigger strides than before. And then, almost suddenly, he started running, adrenaline rushing through his veins. He could hear the rustling more clearly now. The animal...or whatever it was, had obviously heard him and had also increased it's speed.

He ran for about fifteen minutes, but the creature chasing him was not going to go down without a fight. Chanyeol's legs started paining. He was tired. His eyes were becoming hazy, and his bangs, which were now wet with his sweat, hung over his eyes, making it hard for him to see.

And then, suddenly, all hell broke loose. Chanyeol tripped on a stray root lying on the ground, and fell forward, hitting his head in the process. He tried to get up again, but couldn't. His right leg hurt when he moved it.

He trembled. Was this...was this the end? Was this how he would go down?

But...he had so many things to do! So many people to meet. Not even half of his bucket list was completed yet, and he was going to die?!

A tear pooled at the end of one of his eyes. He didn't brush it away. Instead, he shut his eyes tightly and lay there, expecting the worst.

For a few minutes, all that filled the night was an eerie silence. And then, a voice finally called out.

"C-Chanyeol?"  

Chanyeol's eyes flew open. Had he just heard someone call his name? 

"Chanyeol? You there?" The voice was stronger this time. 

"I-I'm here." Chanyeol croaked. He raised his head up to see Kris staring down at him.

"Y-you?"

 

"What do you mean, out of network?!" Bakehyun screamed at his phone. Throwing it on the makeshift bed lying nearby, Baekhyun huffed.

"I really need to get him another mobile...his useless one never responds at the most important times."

As soon as his shoot was over, Baekhyun had rushed to his trailer and had started texting, calling and trying every method possible to contact Kris. Baekhyun was desperate to know what had happened, and he wanted to hear it out of only Kris's mouth.

It had been easier for him to control his feelings...but that was before the incident. Burying his head in his hands, Baekhyun closed his eyes.

Forgetting was tough.


"Wake up!" A voice shouted out. Someone was shaking Baekhyun, forcing him to come out of his deep slumber.

"What is it?" He whined, his eyes closed. "Can't you wait for five seconds?"

"NO!" The tone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter